Page 249 of 294 FirstFirst ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 7329
    Was there today, all lifts were aok thankfully. Great snow on the short hikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Which lifts? No diesel?
    All lifts were down for a short time after the outage. There were problems with the diesel on 1 and Ptarmigan. 1 was running fine by the end of the day. Only had to evacuate 3 chairs on Ptarmigan before the diesel was fixed. The bigger issue was the bar was not able to run credit cards so I had a to buy DB a beer.

seems to be nukin' this morning ... damn work

So fucking good today. One of those days that reminded me why I love the Love

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    So fucking good today. One of those days that reminded me why I love the Love
    That was such a sick day. Haven't seen it snow that hard since January.

I left the parking lot at 10am last Saturday. People were walking up the road from the Valley parking lots, instead of waiting for the bus.

Earlier, ski patrol stopped, and turned around, 7 uphill skiers that didn't have the arm band. Poor loveland patrol has to do the same amount of "clown managment" work before the lifts start turning as after.

A skier died at LL on Friday, but somehow the news isn't coming out until now. I knew the guy (not well). RIP Kevin.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    A skier died at LL on Friday, but somehow the news isn't coming out until now. I knew the guy (not well). RIP Kevin.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...nd-on-4-28-17?

thanks. that was posted after I checked out for the day yesterday.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Name:  1462547134-16838-39.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  21.4 KB

Ok, a bit off topic.

I've seen this bumper sticker on random cars for like 20 years, and no matter how much I see this particular sticker, at first glance I read "I <3 Skiland"

Maybe I should smoke less.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

more. you should smoke more.

Some ass clown stole a pair of my shop's demos at Loveland today. Basically brand new Liberty Origins 106, 187cm with Liberty/Tyrolia demo bindings. I expect the yellow Larson's Ski & Sport sticker would be gone, but let me know if you guys see pair like that anywhere. Fucking thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoBeak View Post
    Some ass clown stole a pair of my shop's demos at Loveland today. Basically brand new Liberty Origins 106, 187cm with Liberty/Tyrolia demo bindings. I expect the yellow Larson's Ski & Sport sticker would be gone, but let me know if you guys see pair like that anywhere. Fucking thieves.
    Any description of the skier?

Not yet. One of my employees was using the skis at the time. I have to get more details.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoBeak View Post
    Ugh! That sucks Eric. I'll keep my eyes open. That's a hard ski to miss. Was it the new blue graphic?

Thanks Doug. It was the 16/17 blue/black/red trees graphic. Bernie was using them, so he's really bummed.

Does anyone know the deal with skinning/skiing Loveland after today (closing day)? Do they care if you're up there? Do they allow you to park in the main lot or is it gated?

On the drive up this evening, it had just had a pretty nice rain storm go through at the tunnel. 38* on the highway, so hopefully up high got some goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Does anyone know the deal with skinning/skiing Loveland after today (closing day)? Do they care if you're up there? Do they allow you to park in the main lot or is it gated?
    Yes I asked. Have at it! Just follow the uphill routers if there is any activity, and beware of equipment and/or snowmobiles.

I intend on some pre-work laps while good.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Yes I asked. Have at it! Just follow the uphill routers if there is any activity, and beware of equipment and/or snowmobiles.

I intend on some pre-work laps while good.
    Cool. So the lot will be open? My biggest fear is coming back down and finding the gate closed! Do they care about you having the arm band pass?

Tomorrow is employee day - lifts spin for employees only. No idea if they'll be cranky about people in the lot. After that, generally gated but fine to skin.

The gate is open 7-5 Monday through Thursday. There's plenty of room outside the gates though.

Well that's dumb.

It's now more expensive to buy 4-pack days at Loveland than Copper if you're a local that can get to Christy's. $149 for 4 days at Loveland. $169 for 5 days at Copper.

I've been a Luv fanboy. But fuck that.

Yeah, and I can't believe they don't have the Ridge open yet!!!! ARG!!!

I don't hate Copper, but one 5 hour drive home in light flurries was one too many for me.