Page 237 of 294 FirstFirst ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 7329
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    ^^^ Since, you deleted your post, does that mean you're retracting your claim that Super Bowl is 50 degrees?

Cause that shit was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    No, it is about 50 degrees. everything on the sides is not though....
    The top of the middle gut of super bowl is like 50 degrees

Just quoting for posterity in case you delete again.

next pow day i never miss, Ill measure for you.
    Please do, I eagerly await your results.

All this time I've been getting so much more rad than I thought!

I doubt you care. but just having fun.

What is more funny is all YOU assholes NOT working there and not risking shit, talking hard shit about guys who actually risk their shit......

fucking shit for brains skiers, it never fails.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

It is interesting to me that no one at Loveland actually knows DasBlunt. There are only a few logical explanations:

1) DasBlunt is an alias;
    2) does not ski, but rather spends all his time on parents basement couch.
    3) is such an amazingly bad skier that even at a small skier area where everyone knows everyone, no one knows him. Perhaps he is invisible?
    4) lives in a much improved, steeper, and deeper parallel universe where the laws of physics do not apply.

CalTopo shades the top bit of Super Bowl (where the slides first pop) as purple which is 46-50. So yeah a bit of it is, not the whole thing. So DasBlunt ain't exactly as wrong as you write.

From the Utah Avalanche Center:

mike records misses the point.....yet again.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    CalTopo shades the top bit of Super Bowl (where the slides first pop) as purple which is 46-50.
    Wild Child is shaded as a hint of purple, per caltopo SB only gets in to the mid 30s (which, as Mike Records shows us, is much more of a risk than 50+).
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

CalTopo shades the top bit of Super Bowl (where the slides first pop) as purple which is 46-50. So yeah a bit of it is, not the whole thing. So DasBlunt ain't exactly as wrong as you write.
    yeah...my points still stand and thanks, I measured it years ago after rag dolling off the cornice...haha

right at the top of the climb to wild child, dropping back down into Super Bowl, is 48-50, has to be. the roll over right in the middle of super bowl, leading to the small cliffs is as well, but only for a 100 yards or so.
    Terje was right.

I chop cornices every time I drop into the steep and deep

god damn

loveland sounds like the greatest place on earth
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

There was not enough snow below the cornice to manage.
    really? 100+ inches on the season + wind loading is not enough snow to manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    It is interesting to me that no one at Loveland actually knows DasBlunt. There are only a few logical explanations:

1) DasBlunt is an alias;
    2) does not ski, but rather spends all his time on parents basement couch.
    3) is such an amazingly bad skier that even at a small skier area where everyone knows everyone, no one knows him. Perhaps he is invisible?
    4) lives in a much improved, steeper, and deeper parallel universe where the laws of physics do not apply.
    I measured it years ago after rag dolling off the cornice...haha
    Option #3 it is!

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    really? 100+ inches on the season + wind loading is not enough snow to manage?
    "Until now," you conveniently left off that part. and no, there was no way there were opening anything near it, so why manage? Time is the biggest healer to the snowpack....you experts should know that, right?

I know you never crash......

The fucking internet jocks. Mike Records is so famous, he expects everyone else to be as famous of an asshole as he is? fucking skiers.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Wild Child is shaded as a hint of purple, per caltopo SB only gets in to the mid 30s (which, as Mike Records shows us, is much more of a risk than 50+).
    Super Bowl vs WIld Child is incorrectly marked on google maps if that is what you are using as your reference. Only the furthest south / east line of the 3 marked "Wild Child" is what Luv patrol refers to as Wild Child. The two lines to the left--where the purple shading is--are part of the large area called "Super Bowl"

"Until now," you conveniently left off that part. and no, there was no way there were opening anything near it, so why manage? Time is the biggest healer to the snowpack....you experts should know that, right?

I know you never crash......

The fucking internet jocks. Mike Records is so famous, he expects everyone else to be as famous of an asshole as he is? fucking skiers.
    As we have seen for the last three years, "time" only allows a larger and larger slab to grow on top of extremely weak instabilities that will remain until late spring. Not managing the terrain early season simply allows low-probability extremely high consequence slabs to build up...slabs that are often times no longer manageable using any means. So loveland often times simply takes the risk and puts skiers on the terrain under the guise that "if an explosive doesn't trigger it, neither will a skier". This is the philosophy that has patrol bowl and #4 headwall open right now. Its actually pretty scary.

BTW, Loveland has had over 100 inches on the year for about a month now, and has had over 50 inches for about 2 months. Plenty of snow to manage "before now".

Super Bowl vs WIld Child is incorrectly marked on google maps if that is what you are using as your reference. Only the furthest south / east line of the 3 marked "Wild Child" is what Luv patrol refers to as Wild Child. The two lines to the left--where the purple shading is--are part of the large area called "Super Bowl"
    That is what I was using as reference, good to know.

As for DB being bad at snow-sliding because he ragdolled off a cornice years ago - even the best of us go down hard from time to time. And some people even improve at snow-sliding as the years go on.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    That is what I was using as reference, good to know.

As for DB being bad at snow sliding because he ragdolled off a cornice one time - even the best of us go down hard from time to time.
    Who said one time? hahah.

Glad to see these fucks are just internet jockeys and are only looking at maps making their "ANALsis".

bad publicity is good...but this is fucking retarded.
    Terje was right.

As we have seen for the last three years, "time" only allows a larger and larger slab to grow on top of extremely weak instabilities that will remain until late spring. Not managing the terrain early season simply allows low-probability extremely high consequence slabs to build up...slabs that are often times no longer manageable using any means. So loveland often times simply takes the risk and puts skiers on the terrain under the guise that "if an explosive doesn't trigger it, neither will a skier". This is the philosophy that has patrol bowl and #4 headwall open right now. Its actually pretty scary.

BTW, Loveland has had over 100 inches on the year for about a month now, and has had over 50 inches for about 2 months. Plenty of snow to manage "before now".
    Now I remember you from last year, here, saying stupid shit like this.

please leave, you are putting people in danger with your words.
    Terje was right.

Option #3 it is!
    To clarify, do we think he is invisible too, or just an amazingly bad skier?

please leave, you are putting people in danger with your words.
    Yeah, skiracer, will you please please leave? For me? Stop endangering the rest of us!

Yeah, skiracer, will you please please leave? For me? Stop endangering the rest of us!
    You too. You offer nothing but your expertise, which I know is vast, but you don't work there, you don't risk shit saying the shit you say....so, wtf is the point? It all runs, it all slides, there is risk in even highly managed terrain.....

insanity.
    Terje was right.

you are putting people in danger with your words.
    who am I putting in danger? Are you exacerbating the danger by reposting my words in a bigger font?

To clarify, do we think he is invisible too, or just an amazingly bad skier?
    not sure.

DasBlunt, lets ski sometime!

Glad most of you kooks don't ski where I do. How much do internet skier lift tickets cost anyway? 0.071 bitcoins?

not sure.

DasBlunt, lets ski sometime!
    We all know you guys lap chair 6 all day, jerking each other off during the half hour ride.