Page 235 of 293 FirstFirst ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 7323
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Probably the best thing to come out of this thread has been my awareness of how autocorrect changes bootpacking to bootlicking.
    I thought that was intentional, and have officially adopted the new nomenclature.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    They're doing what they can, with what they have.
    If this is true, why is it that large persistent slabs sliding to the ground mid-season were virtually non-existent at loveland >~5 years ago. And why were they once able to consistently get terrain open in a timely manner consistent with their competitors?

I LOVE skiing Loveland and give them credit where credit is due. They have consistently great snow, no crowds, and great terrain....an anomaly in the front range! I think it is great that they make an effort to open 13010 (which they didn't used to do) and that they brought tunnel face in-bounds a few years ago.

I just think their terrain management and opening policies need an overhaul to get their procedures in line with industry standards, and frankly, with the way that Loveland used to do things. I have every right as a paying customer to express how I feel, and social media is an appropriate avenue to give feedback in this day in age.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    waaaaahh! No one understands how hard it is in Clear Creek County! waaaahhh!
    You should cross post this into the I70 thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

On a less-bitchey side note: was one of you yahoos skiing Loveland on xmas eve on wood grain Protests?
    I was there on wood grain freerides. Happen to see my near carnage under 1?
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    To be fair, just as the Ridge does not compare to the EW, Pali does not compare to the Ridge in terms of managing avalanche hazard. Ridge is entirely above treeline for starters.
    You're right... But the east side of the pali lift (from Powder Keg to APG) shares a lot in common with the ridge and in the 1200 or so days I've skied up there in the last several years, I can count the R2G slides I've seen in that area on zero fingers. Same for West Zuma.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 12-28-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Another great quote to add to the assholes here....fucking shit, you guys suck ass. Massive acreage spread out over and above treeline and the "experts" think they have it all figured out.

It all runs, regardless of bootlicking or control work, riding any of that that terrain is a risk, and patrol has to manage it. You guys second guessing terrain you are obviously not experts in, might force them to second guess their choices.

Obviously there are some pro patrollers here with axes to grind......very sad.
    How can Das Blunt ski with his panties bunched so tightly? The world wonders...
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Probably the best thing to come out of this thread has been my awareness of how autocorrect changes bootpacking to bootlicking.
    awesome.....

Summit, Yes I am uptight about you being a constant asshole insulting, second guessing and armchairing the crew at Loveland, I ski there and don't want to constantly be thinking about some internet asshole bitching about some sweet terrain they see from the lift.

They have been up on 9 doing rope work for weeks, the cat came into Patrol bowl before the 25th, north, south chutes are all open. 8 and 4 are open earlier than most years.....
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

awesome.....

Summit, Yes I am uptight about you being a constant asshole insulting, second guessing and armchairing the crew at Loveland, I ski there and don't want to constantly be thinking about some internet asshole bitching about some sweet terrain they see from the lift.

They have been up on 9 doing rope work for weeks, the cat came into Patrol bowl before the 25th, north, south chutes are all open. 8 and 4 are open earlier than most years.....
    I love how you guys look at that vast expanse of low angle monotony and think "we'll call that hundred feet "Challenger", and the next hundred feet will be "North Star", and the next hundred feet will be "Super Nova" and so on". I can only imagine how obnoxious the patrol terrain test is...

1. Identify this run, and the runs to right, near left, mid left, and far left in this picture:

2. Identify this run and the runs to the far far left, far left, mid left, near left, near right, mid right, far right, and far far right in this picture:

Hugh Conway sucks

well, Loveland sounds just lovely.

the local bro hostility is amazing and alluring

i want a piece of the HATE
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Fuck AB and the 18 hour lift lines with the Epic Pass flow over on blackout weekends. Fuck AB and the Pali mogul shit show. Fuck AB just because of Vail Resorts sharing pass space with them. Fuck AB just to fuck AB.

Who the hell cares about this whole conversation? I am tired just reading the bitching from you pansy asses. Just straight line the bottom 25% of Chair 1 as usual until something else opens up or drive South to ski real mountains.

I am pretty much sick of people in general, however. Maybe that is why I ski at Loveland mostly now the last few seasons?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Fuck AB and the 18 hour lift lines with the Epic Pass flow over on blackout weekends. Fuck AB and the Pali mogul shit show. Fuck AB just because of Vail Resorts sharing pass space with them. Fuck AB just to fuck AB.

Who the hell cares about this whole conversation? I am tired just reading the bitching from you pansy asses. Just straight line the bottom 25% of Chair 1 as usual until something else opens up or drive South to ski real mountains.

I am pretty much sick of people in general, however. Maybe that is why I ski at Loveland mostly now the last few seasons?
    U mad bro?

Lol... get off the main drag, nancy! And no, I won't tell you where!
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    THE RIDGE!!!1

is steep for about 3 turns.
    You turn? Fkn pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    You turn? Fkn pussy.
    See you at the Evergreen Home Depot, biatch.
    Hugh Conway sucks

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to the ridgecat when it does open. Always fun to ride a cat to good terrain. Same goes at Copper.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    See you at the Evergreen Home Depot, biatch.
    Lololollol
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Lololollol
    eat a dick, digital dingleberry. have fun rooming with benjamin.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Loveland SUCKS. I dont know why anyone skis there....
    Terje was right.

Loveland SUCKS. I dont know why anyone skis there....
    lol. Don't try to play it off. Only loveland could find themselves jammed up with so few people... at least when people ski at abasin with upside down goggles and backwards helmets they're trying to be funny. The loveland folks looks at their backwards shit in the mirror of and think "today's the day I'm gonna catch that fucking chicken!"
    Hugh Conway sucks

They're doing what they can, with what they have.

On a less-bitchey side note: was one of you yahoos skiing Loveland on xmas eve on wood grain Protests?
    That was me - what an amazing day!

You guys second guessing terrain you are obviously not experts in, might force them to second guess their choices.

Obviously there are some pro patrollers here with axes to grind......very sad.
    LOL!!!!
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Apparently 9 is opening today. That's cool.

^^Thank god. This bitchfest will finally be nearing its close.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Apparently 9 is opening today. That's cool.
    No, it is not opening, false alarm, control work etc....

Seriously, Loveland sucks. too many lines and they keep ropes up everywhere. gaper central.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    ^^Thank god. This bitchfest will finally be nearing its close.
    not a chance, the bitchfest will continue forever!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Loveland, Eldora, and Sol Vista were the only front range resorts to survive the season pass wars of the 90s while remaining independent. OK maybe Eldora doesn't have that distinction anymore. Many others closed. Many other planned resorts never opened.
    I was living in Durango during the season pass wars you speak of, so maybe I missed it, but what "many" resorts closed? And what "many" planned resorts never opened?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    not a chance, the bitchfest will continue forever!
    Should have clarified...nearing it's close for the 15/16 season. Now that we've reached peak retard for this season and 9 is soon to open we will see the downward trend with another gigantic spike in Nov '16.