bruised sacrum/tailbone

i was skiing the bird today, 15" inches, but felt way deeper, and decided it was time to step it up a notch, so i tried to 360 off a maybe 15 footer, and managed to land on my back/side and hit sometime fairly hard, and felt some decent pain, either my look heel peice or a rock.
    i have some decent swelling my just to the right of my spine just below my low back but above my tailbone, kind of inline with the top of my asscheek, and when i sit down its not underneath me, but just above where my back bends
    i don't have any numbness anywhere, can walk fairly well, but with some decent pain, but it hurts like hell to bend over. My health insurance doesn't kick in untill the 1st of the year so i really don't want to go see a doctor. I guess i am just wondering what the best thing to do is! i guess started this thread because i am worried the swelling my fuck with my spine/nerves. do i have anything to worry about or am i just being a pussy, and is the RICE formula all i should be doing??
    Last edited by thebigeast; 12-21-2007 at 02:20 PM.
    ayuh

bruised tailbones suck.
    I bruised my tailbone 3 year ago and it hurt for a long time. after the bruising went if I sat down funny I kept getting the electric shock feeling there. I was starting to think it was if for life, but now it's all good I can sit away I want no pain, just took about 10 months to have no more issues. I now own impact shorts (with hard plate for the tailbone) that I wear everday I ride, I'm not going back there.
    "So what's a homeless instructor do? Teach people how to build houses outta cardboard boxes and build good trash fires?" - Phuckhuck