Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Verde View Post
    Is seeing the movie on IMAX much better than a standard movie theater? Our nearest IMAX theater is ~1 hour away.
    Usually I think IMAX movie showings of regular films are bunk... that being said if you can see dark knight in IMAX you won't be disappointed, when batman bails off a building, so do you!
    "I have never exploded. But I know what it would be like. Don't ask me how. I just know. I've always just known." -Garth Merenghi

Quote Originally Posted by mmcpheet View Post
    I thought they were 'Gotham' plates that looked like Illinois plates. Scenery looked like Chicago.

Great movie, though I agree with the voice and length comments.
    I was just in Chicago this weekend, rode bikes past a street and my buddy said, "did you see the new Batman - does that look familiar?" and sure enouggh it was absolutely the street and it was fucking dark on a sunny day.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

damn that was a good movie.

Watch me make this pencil disappear...

loved every minute of it

I might have to go see it again.

Here is what I mean about the music... Shirley Walker's mature evolution of Danny Elfman's theme to the original batman was pure genious and what's more, the eery apprehensive music FITS the Dark Knight well. HERE IS PROOF:

TDK - Shirley Walker's 1993 Theme

TDK - Shirley Walker's 1992 Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by gomez View Post
    Here is a opening 6 minute clip from the movie that only played in IMAX.

clip

can't wait.
    Much of the film was shot within a few blocks from our loft. These are some crappy pics from the shooting of the opening scene.

The film was being shot under the alias of "Rory's First Kiss".

The turned the old post office into Gotham National Bank.

You can see the school bus inside the bank...

The rigging for the zip line across the street...

And the beginning of my own chase scene as security called in the cops to get rid of me...the heli was shooting at this point.

I played hide and seek in a parking garage with them before ducking into the tunnels tht connect to Union Station. It was good for a rush.

Just saw it again. Such amazing depth in a movie.
    Congrats, mags! We collected 1030.68! for birdman!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    No is that like whne I come on your mosms face whle you lick my ballsss???

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Explosion View Post
    Just saw it again. Such amazing depth in a movie.
    that good eh? I'll be seeing it this weekend hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    A Top 10 action movie of all-time.

It has a 9.5 out of 10 on IMDB with over 90,000 votes. That is #1 on their all-time list!
    Is it really better than The Godfather?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    They are two completely different kinds of movies...

I am a HUGE Godfather fan, but this movie, Dark Knight...it is SOOOO damn good. Can I call a tie?

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    They are two completely different kinds of movies...

I am a HUGE Godfather fan, but this movie, Dark Knight...it is SOOOO damn good. Can I call a tie?
    Seeing it for the 1st time on IMAX tomorrow afternoon.

You got any availability?

Seeing it for the 1st time on IMAX tomorrow afternoon.

You got any availability?
    What time are you going? Are they sold out? I was thinking about blowing out of work on Monday afternoon to check it out again, but this time on IMAX...

If it is early enough, I could make it. I have a party to go to tomorrow at 5:30PM, but if it ran over, I could make up some excuse...

EDIT: looks like they still have tickets for 12:20 and 3:40...I could make the 12:20.
    Last edited by PowTron; 07-25-2008 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    EDIT: looks like they still have tickets for 12:20 and 3:40...I could make the 12:20.
    12:20 it is. I'll give you a call later tonight.

12:20 it is. I'll give you a call later tonight.
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Seriously, the whole concept of the IMDB top 250 is total shit. Sure, it gives you a general idea, but for films like this the voting is totally swayed by the thousands of Batman fanboys abusing the system. I'm not saying this wasn't a good film - it's definitely on my top 10 and I just went to see it again last night for the 2nd time, and I can honestly say that Heath Ledger's performance was the best acting I've ever seen (not something I say lightly). In the same sense, I think the movie has been viewed by many as a Ledger tribute, and in response all go on IMDB and vote 10 because they feel sympathetic. Like I said before, Ledger's performance was absolutely kick-ass, but this being the best film ever made? I don't think so.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Seen it twice. Better than expected.

just finished seeing it again. ledger amazes the shit out of me. i still don't get why he just kinda vanishes towards the end. i need some closure with the joker since I won't be seeing him again.

I dunno - they really did leave that open-ended. There's being a lot of talk on various forums regarding casting a new Joker (Johnny Depp, Daniel Day Lewis etc), which I can't even imagine. Personally, I don't think the role could ever be replicated and that Ledger really set a new bar...if they did recast, everyone would constantly be comparing the role to Ledger which I think would really degrade the entire experience. The thing with the Joker is that he's Batman's arch-nemesis, so I'm sure they originally planned to have him around for a couple of movies at least...but who knows. I'm sure Nolan'll come up with something.

holy shit, that was the best movie I've seen for ages. Ledger stole the show every time he was on screen. Dark humour done perfectly. I've never loved a bad guy more. It was brilliant how human they managed to keep him while being a supervillain, and every plot twist and turn was so intelligently done.

I do think that the length dilutes some amazing performances, and I think they could of used Aaron Eckheart/Harvey Dent as the leadin to another movie rather than the route they chose, but like someone said earlier - can't complain, more length meant more awesome.

The only possible complaint I had was towards the end I was left not caring what Batman was saying and wishing he'd clear his fucking throat.

I thought Heath Ledger's performance was amazing. The rest of the movie? It was a good comic book/action flick, but not really my favorite by any means. Absolutely worth seeing though.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    . i know its a comic book movie but it could have used more plausibility. 9/10

Comic Book's are the farthest thing from plausibility...

For me, it had nothing to do with whether Ledger is alive or dead, I just found it to be the best movie I have seen in years, period.

DG and I saw it last night.
    I've been trying to place this move with other "action" movies that show the dark side of humanity. I believe this movie to be the equal or better of Silence of the Lambs but not quite in the same league as Apocalypse Now. Ledger's performance does diserve to be classed in the same league as Hopkin's Hannibal Lecter or Brando's Kurtz.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Saw it today with my brother and a buddy of his. It really is one of the great films out there. Ledger´s presence made me think of Klaus Kinski in Nosferatu (1979). He was that good, maybe better.

Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    just finished seeing it again. ledger amazes the shit out of me. i still don't get why he just kinda vanishes towards the end. i need some closure with the joker since I won't be seeing him again.
    Didn't he die before the movie was finished? I seem to remember a story about having to re-edit because of his death. Could be wrong and I'm in no mood to Google.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    Didn't he die before the movie was finished? I seem to remember a story about having to re-edit because of his death. Could be wrong and I'm in no mood to Google.

Jay
    He didn´t die. Just kept laughing in his very own sick way when SWAT came to bring him in. Harvey Dent boggled me, though.