Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Attn: Boise area mags (PSA)

Bogus opens frontside Thursday 10-4:30.
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

We just got dumped on here. The snow depths are varying from 6 to 12+ inches at different spots. Like my house we got 6+ inchy in 4 hours today but Brundage cam says 2 inch today? I hit Tamflat the last 2 days and there is windbuffed cream to pow depending on the slope. It was fun for me. There are deep spots. Tamflats has early season pricing. Tomorrow will be fun.

I bet Brundage is getting deep in spots too.

1 hour ago. 4750 ft.

Last edited by Sponge McBragg; 12-18-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Free ski day so it's going to be BUSY. I will be at Brundage tomorrow and Thursday. Should be good.

I should be there running a lift! Sweet. Every time I go to Washington it dumps back home. Last spring break I went and rode crap at alpental and stevens while Bogus got 12"

We should be there, maybe Sunday. Don't track it all up.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

SheRa you know I will save a couple of stashes just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post
    SheRa you know I will save a couple of stashes just for you.
    Perfect. I'm bringing the camera.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post
    Free ski day so it's going to be BUSY. I will be at Brundage tomorrow and Thursday. Should be good.
    Gonna be there too. If you're rockin the Praxi, I should be able to pick you out. I'll be grey pant, grey coat (or maybe red if it's wet) w/ about 4 fellow tele guys. First day on these dogs:
    Last edited by hose-man; 12-18-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: fix image

Quote Originally Posted by hose-man View Post
    Gonna be there too. If you're rockin the Praxi, I should be able to pick you out. I'll be grey pant, grey coat (or maybe red if it's wet) w/ about 4 fellow tele guys. First day on these dogs:
    I will be up there on the Praxis, Gold Gotama's or Legend Pro XXL. If you are up there tomorrow I might do a quick sidecountry tour. Red Coat black pants.

There is no powder at Bogus Basin. Only Ice. Brundage and Tamarack has the goods

Tamarflats sucks, everybody knows that. Its so flat that........ well you know.

Brundage is way,way steeper, Bogus is closer. Tamarflats is for stupid down valley locals that moved here from Montana for the snowmobiling not the skiing. If you move here for the skiing well uh, the jokes on you. Cause every where else in the western U.S. is better than here. But the snowmobiling is really good. Cause a rain crust on a snowmobile aint nothing.

I'm hearing that backside lifts will open for the weekend if they get a little more snow by then (which is expected).
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge McBragg View Post
    Tamarflats sucks, everybody knows that. Its so flat that........ well you know.

Brundage is way,way steeper, Bogus is closer. Tamarflats is for stupid down valley locals that moved here from Montana for the snowmobiling not the skiing. If you move here for the skiing well uh, the jokes on you. Cause every where else in the western U.S. is better than here. But the snowmobiling is really good. Cause a rain crust on a snowmobile aint nothing.
    Yeah, its midnight & the website for Tam says its 34* and raining!!!!! FUN

Weird, snowing here still. That place does sit at a place that things like that happen. Its probably snowing a couple lift towers up. Its all about the all mountain experience right.
    Last edited by Sponge McBragg; 12-19-2007 at 12:53 AM.

Avalanche forecast.

"24 hours

The primary concern is the new snow will create an inverted snow pack. Temperatures have remained in the low teens to single digits in the upper elevations for well over the last week. Because of this the pre-storm snow had little moisture in it. This storm, with snow levels projected to rise to around 4,000 feet, and accumulations up to two feet in the higher elevations, will “tip the scales”.

None

Yesterday Rick toured in the North Fork Payette River drainage and found little new snow but a stout wind out of the south that was gusting up to 35 miles per hour at ridge top as Tuesday nights storm began to move in. Wind slabs were beginning to develop on west through east aspects, but not reactive at the time. He found an ice layer about 2cm thick under about 30cm of loose snow, then more loose snow to about 85cm. From 85cm to the ground the snow was more granular in nature and wet enough to form a ball. With the change in the weather it is time to put your avalanche eyes on. Let the storm pass and the snow settle before venturing into or around avalanche terrain. Remember: Whoomping sounds and shooting cracks around your skis are Mother Nature’s way of telling you to get off that slope.

A winter storm warning is in effect for the west central mountains. Expect about a foot to fall tonight with up to two feet in localized areas and then on Wednesday a larger storm will spread heavy snow and gusty winds into our forecast area through Thursday. This storm is likely to exceed precipitation amounts of the first storm. "

I'm gonna need a bigger snowblower.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaBum View Post
    I'm hearing that backside lifts will open for the weekend if they get a little more snow by then (which is expected).
    Pine Creek and Superior? Let's hope it nukes, be there this weekend.

Pine Creek is a go for Saturday. Waiting on Superior.

Nights also open up friday night.
    Jesus,. 18.5 inches of fresh for tomrows opening, still snowing, and Ill be spending the whole day driving home from seattle. You guys better get some for me Ski Faster looks like those Praxis will go to better use than at Brundages opening eh?
    Last edited by boredboiseboy; 12-20-2007 at 12:24 AM.

A local weather buff told me this is getting to be most ever before Xmas ish.

I bought a snowblower today. Anybody need a reliable 4 horse deck blower for your cabin?

Its over the hood on the 580 in town. Ripping donuts and going to the store,getting some beer, hit the kids trails.

Crack o noon Tamflats tommorrow for me.

Have fun out der.

edit. I'm not workin till after the first. Vacation at home.
    Last edited by Sponge McBragg; 12-20-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Brett has my spats in his truck and I'll fly out Saturday night with alpine boots. I will bring my pack (beacon/shovel/[robe) but will have to boot for anything ob. I had a super fun time in bounds last year, but I'm easy - will go with the flow.

Pretty excited actually. Idaho is cool.
    Henry David Thoreau

^^^^^

we're most likely going up to Brundage on Saturday...would be cool to meet up with you two

Likely tour over to Sargents on Saturday afternoon...depending on if they open upper HV

You guys are going to have a blast at Brundage. It was DEEEEEEEEEEEEEP on Wednesday and they got dumped on last night too.

Today was pretty damn good at Brundage. No lines and lots of powder. Good day for sure. Conundrum has a few pictures of today. I have a few as well but I need to resize them.

The stuff was settling like mad today,my nose was up at the Tamflats. It was fun. Resort report coming, low angle powder, blurry pics and all. ??

Today didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!