A gaper's review: Nordica Enforcers

Nordica Supercharger Enforcers: 185cm (more like 182) 135-98-125, 21M radius.
    Me: 6' 170lbs. Trying to leave the gaper behind. I have fairly solid technique, but I'm un-athletic. By TGR standards, I think I ski at Medium+ speeds.

Well, I have a full day at Moonlight, and Half a day a Bridger on these skis now. All I can tell, because of the current weather, is that they rail groomers.
    They seem a little short and turny for a Maggot ski, but if you like to use your edges, and ski at a mountain where there are a lot of groomers back to the lift, this might be a good choice.

The fat tail didn't really bother me, and I adjusted to it in about 30 seconds. Changes in turn radius can be made be holding your legs close together and giving it a little angulation. Bam, perfect longer turn.

In a mild skied out glade, they did fairly well and are easy to throw around. There was definitely some tip and tail banging from it, and there are two topsheet chips to show from it.

When I get these in some more freshies, I'll update the review, but all in all, I'd say it a solid ski that's easy to throw around, and fairly stable. I think laseranimal gave these a bad review because he expected them to be a powder ski. These are NOT powder skis, they are all-mtn skis, and damn good ones. You can even throw them around in easy moguls or throw them sideways in tight places to bleed of some speed.

As far a durability, it seems ok. The edges are a little thin, but it's a full edge wrap, full sidewall, and two sheets of metal.

I'd say if you come from and east-coast background, or otherwise like to use your edges, or you ski at a mountain where you can't get away from groomers, this is a good ski for you. Definitely not a ski for someone who like to skid turns.

I'll try to answer anymore questions posted here, but I need some days in the fresh to give a more thorough review.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Im really sorry but I dont think you should post a review after you tell everyone how much you suck.
    LET IT SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by el penoso View Post
    Im really sorry but I dont think you should post a review after you tell everyone how much you suck.
    Really? Or maybe this guy is just realistics about his skills. There are too many people on this board claiming to be skiing gods.

I never said I suck. I'm just saying Silverton would probably own me, right now.
    No longer stuck.

I never said I suck. I'm just saying Silverton would probably own me, right now.
    I know what you mean... we can't all be as good as el ponoso. I for one appreciate you taking the time to post a quick review.

Thank you and you're welcome.
    Another thing: One thing that can make them "hooky" is if you really put all your weight into the shovel. It's soft up there, so a slightly centered stance is better. But the sweet-spot is basically the whole ski. You can even turn from the backseat. "Hands forward, asshole!"

Just to add about the mogul performance: I ski them kinda slow, and lift the inside ski. It was a little awkward with these at first, then I got in a groove for a second there, then I got tired. But basically, very manageable. It won't turn back uphill on me at all.
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 12-18-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    No longer stuck.

I was saying that noone is going to listen to him when he discloses that.
    LET IT SNOW

Oh, and they are mounted with 912 lifters, and I'm using comp 120 LF's with custom footbeds.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by el penoso View Post
    I was saying that noone is going to listen to him when he discloses that.
    You are stupid.

That is all.

wow, people on TGR coming to my defense!
    Anyone else have some experience with this ski they'd like to add? Unless you already did in a previous review.
    No longer stuck.

I bought a pair of enforcers last year when I was back at Stowe and they rule for the EC. I used to race so I still like to be able to rail some groomers on the off days and these skis, with a 19m radius can do just that.

I think it's awesome that they are making them in the Nordica race room as the construction seems very solid. The bases have held up very well and I will never forget the amazing tune that they came with from the guys in the race room over in Italy.

The float is good for a ski with 98mm underfoot and I have found them to be super maneuverable in the tight stuff, of which there was plenty at Stowe. I really don't have a single bad thing to say about these skis and they certainly soften the blow when there is no snow and I get to ski them out here in Utah for a day.

I'm 6'1 205lbs so I'm a skier, size large. I have the enforcers in a 185. I have no problem flexing these and tossing them around, but I have heard people complain about that. At the end of the season I picked up the Blowers in a 193 and they are a good ski for deeper conditions, but overall I really like the way the Enforcers ski better.

To me this ski is a perfect one ski quiver if you are living on the EC and have the ability to carve a turn and enjoy doing so. I haven't skied a ton of skis in this category, but swapping among my buddies, they seem much more lively than the Scratch BC and the Gotama which does not appeal to everyone.

I've owned quite a few pairs of skis over the years but these are by far my favorite!

I guess I'm kind of wondering why you opted to shop-form Enforcers instead of Blowers, but that's just me.

Personally I might have liked something with a bit more edge to it than my Pistols today.

How is the flex of the Enforcers when lined up to a Seth or Scratch BC? Just curious b/c of the similar dimensions.

Seth is softer than soft, scratch BC is medium soft, and the enforcer would be considered medium overall I think. Oddly enough, even though there are 2 sheets of titanal, they're pretty flexy, but the stiffest of those you mentioned.
    No longer stuck.

Just skied these in up to a foot and boot deep fresh pow at Moonlight. I was snowing hard all day. I didn't find them hooky at all. I skied it mostly a little slow (powder is still kinda new to me) and they performed admirably. The big soft shovel with bend back in the fresh.
    No longer stuck.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I don't think that the ski has changed very much. I got to demo a pair this past week at Alta on a "tweener" day.

Nordica Enforcer 177cm (r=19m)
    me: 5'10", ~205lbs loaded w/gear. A bit of a gaper but pretty aggressive; former tennis player. Love charging pow and railing groomers.

Conditions: Sunny, 6in of cut-up, 14% mank on top of ~25in 7% pow.

So, I wasn't even looking at these skis to demo, but my Districts are not crud busters by any means, and they were the only skis I brought. Pretty hot chick in demo shop pushed them as a ripping ski and stiff enough for the firm conditions. I timidly obliged. First run was a screamer from top to bottom. They were pretty easy to smear but really railed at speed w/no chatter. Second run was through some trees which hold pretty good snow normally. Very maneuverable. Third run was cut up mank. I could have used the extra length of the 185 here but they were super stable. Bumps were fine, but not their forte (or mine). Later in the day, I skied untouched, pretty light pow and they were heavy, but they worked well.

Overall, I love these skis. I want a pair for firm and manky days. I could use something stiff, but I don't want to jump right to LPs. I never had a problem with their sidecut.
    That is all.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08