Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grand Canyon

Horse shoes
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Horse shoes
    We've already picked our teams for our Extreme Croquet tourney that will be going down, so I think we're set there. Been told by a lot of people that I ought to bring my old RPM instead of my Kingpin, or else I'll never catch a single wave. My Kingpin IS slow as shit...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Hopefully L's dad will be able to get you all copious amounts of beer at cost. That would be completely awesome.
    You guys are going to have some serious fun.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    Hopefully L's dad will be able to get you all copious amounts of beer at cost. That would be completely awesome.
    You guys are going to have some serious fun.
    Did you know that 60 cases of beer is 17,280 ounces, and weighs approx 1080 lbs? Good thing I have a 1 ton pickup truck, because I'll be hauling at least a half of a ton of beer. Word is its gonna be the Champagne of Beers. Hah!

Damn, you need another rubber pusher hehehehe.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Definitely the KingPin. Something to clean your feet, shoes/sandals that you can keep dry and aren't your river shoes.

oregonkayaking.net has a pretty nice write-up about a recent trip...with some tips.

Should be a once-in-a-lifetime, satisfying trip.

I just turned down a 17-day trip in June...I think I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by NlytendOne View Post
    I just turned down a 17-day trip in June...I think I'm an idiot.
    WTF,man!?
    So local it hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    WTF,man!?
    Has to do with a wedding and a graduation. If it had only been one thing, I would have gone...no question. I also felt a little strange going with a whole group about twice my age. Still, I should probably be stoned in public for turning the opportunity down.

Shit, wedding and graduation? I didn't bother going to my gradation. I went boating. And weddings, hell, if they want you there, they will change the dates
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

^^^ hehehe...that makes more sense to me.

Honestly, I really didn't feel right going with the group that I was invited to go along with. I only know one of the people going on the trip. Hopefully, I'll get another chance someday

Quote Originally Posted by NlytendOne View Post
    ^^^ hehehe...that makes more sense to me.

Honestly, I really didn't feel right going with the group that I was invited to go along with. I only know one of the people going on the trip. Hopefully, I'll get another chance someday
    Myself and another guide for the same company went along with his father and group of his friends on an 8-day'r down the Lower Salmon. Awkward was certainly the key word.

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy View Post
    Myself and another guide for the same company went along with his father and group of his friends on an 8-day'r down the Lower Salmon. Awkward was certainly the key word.
    Heh...

This is the reason I turned down said trip of a lifetime. My sis went on a GC trip a few years back and it was one of the most amazing things she's ever done. Same goes for just about everyone that ever does this. When BB invited me (and I truly appreciate the invite Mr. BB) I was stoked until I found out exactly who was leading the trip.

Let's just say that going on a 21 day raft trip with the only person that's ever threatened to kill me was not high on my list of things I should do. I might not ever get this chance again, but I'd rather not try and force it and put my life at risk with said individual.

That being said, I'm sure that 1080lbs of High Life along with the magic of the GC will do wonders and make the trip amazing for all of those that he's not threatened to kill. Have fun all!
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

supplementary lottery with a few good dates started today
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

canyon opinion

i dont mean to be a bummer but the rangers will try to get you to smoke them out so bring tons of weed. hard alcohol is not as cool as it sounds and you will want beer no matter how cold it is and you will want more than you bring and as tough as you are people who bring less than you will take yours somehow. grease for oarlocks is such a good idea a squeaky one will drive you crazy. one caveat on hard liquor-a fifth of good whiskey and a fifth of tequila are a must. they will be gone as soon as they are openend so just know that now. baby wipes are a necessity to protect your rear and so much more. playboat is very nice as the rapids really arent that hard and you wont need a drysuit unless you have gotten used to one already. dry top for plastic, paddle top for rubber and belay parka for camp. it helps if clothes dont do double duty. one set for river, one for camp. wrist rocket is so fun remember no killing please. i liked rubber boots for mud camp. bring rowing gloves if you have to you probably wont use em. have a great time!

ps just kidding about bringing weed of course boating high is dangerous, not to mention illegal and could make you schizophrenic from only one toke and cause lesions to pop out on your face and ruin your life forever ever ever ever
    Last edited by toddljack; 03-26-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toddljack View Post
    just kidding about bringing weed of course boating high is dangerous, not to mention illegal
    I heard the rangers were busting people at the put in.