Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    How ….. timely!

Yes that's sarcasm, so ban me.

Couldn't sleep last night, so I read this thread all the way through. Sadly, it didn't put me to sleep.
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

OMG...so awesome reliving this classic thread. The "New Axons" alias, how amazing.

Sinking under the weight of their Neptude, soon they shall be in Neptune's company.

Neptune faces Eviction
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Texas-based outdoor sports retailer doesn't thrive in the Boulder market? Crazy talk.

Memories,

And kinda sad.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Guys it's throwback thursday not throwback tuesday. First the Highway Star and now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

sarcastic remarks can get you banned from Neptune Mountaineering

They're in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy . Went in for some skin glue and they didn't have any and I was told it was because they couldn't buy inventory while in bankruptcy.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-b...backwoods-file

They've been sold out of bankruptcy to some locals, and apparently will rise again!

Maybe I'll shop there, I'm certainly curious if they will revive the Neptude along with Neptune.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

sarcastic remarks can get you banned from Neptune Mountaineering

Still the same dynamic.

Here I stroll in looking at AT boots, with my 25ish years of skiing on AT, or Randonee as they used to call it. But I’m treated like some newb moron from the Midwest who can’t tell the difference between cross country skiing and serious skiing.

Pretty much the dynamic at most ski shops I’ve visited I suppose. The guys working there are typically late 20s core brahs who are, like, experts in all things mountaineering with their 5-6 years of practice.

‘We’ll need to size your foot’ ( yeah and tell me to buy a full size smaller than I know after owning 10-12 differ boots will fit me’

‘You can’t ski real stuff in those boots’. ( yeah tell me how I couldnt ski 14ers 25 years ago in Asolo low top boots and Riva cable bindings like I did)

I wonder if Yo Yo Ma gets a lecture from the 20 something music store employees when he stops buy to buys some strings?

I wonder why I typically buy online anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I hear this chick Marsha can do a pretty good mount
    Pics?

I love this thread

Glad to see nothing has changed in Boulder, while so much is......
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Still the same dynamic.

Here I stroll in looking at AT boots, with my 25ish years of skiing on AT, or Randonee as they used to call it. But I’m treated like some newb moron from the Midwest who can’t tell the difference between cross country skiing and serious skiing.

Pretty much the dynamic at most ski shops I’ve visited I suppose. The guys working there are typically late 20s core brahs who are, like, experts in all things mountaineering with their 5-6 years of practice.

‘We’ll need to size your foot’ ( yeah and tell me to buy a full size smaller than I know after owning 10-12 differ boots will fit me’

‘You can’t ski real stuff in those boots’. ( yeah tell me how I couldnt ski 14ers 25 years ago in Asolo low top boots and Riva cable bindings like I did)

I wonder if Yo Yo Ma gets a lecture from the 20 something music store employees when he stops buy to buys some strings?

seems like a scenario where you could have a lot of fun with the employees if you wanted to play dumb. or bring your old boots in with you, if you want some mountain cred.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    seems like a scenario where you could have a lot of fun with the employees if you wanted to play dumb. or bring your old boots in with you, if you want some mountain cred.
    Who has time for that

Still the same dynamic.

I haven't been inside Neptune in years, though I had heard that they were "different" now.

Your experience sounds like the classic ski/bike shop experience
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    But But, if one of them were asian or Brown. That would be racist Right?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I was actually in there today randomly. It is totally different, but still a very nice gear shop, definitely lost the grunge and went more "REI" but whatever. Very Boulder. Didn't buy anything.

My thoughts since it got bought out of BK ~2 years ago by the Sea to Summit owner... 1) back to great inventory, 2) nicely renovated including coffee/beer bar where can flip through books/maps (also big inventory) and 3) the people are knowledgeable and on average friendly (some very fun, some kinda introverted... averages out pretty good I think). They're serious, not over sales-y and will go find an expert if they don't know a particular area the best. They have a rewards program. Have good end of season sales. Do good ski and boot work. Overall a great resource in Boulder where only real general outdoor alternative is REI (and kinda Moosejaw I guess).
    Oh and I'll also put in a positive plug for the Boulder Sports Recycler, also under fairly new ownership. Used stuff, so selection on specifics is always hit or miss, but get good stuff in and prices are generally good. The trick is finding it tucked among the north Boulder warehouses.
    S

how does an m-series jong have a 2009 join date?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how does an m-series jong have a 2009 join date?
    Maybe I should change my handle to "m-series-jong"

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    My thoughts since it got bought out of BK ~2 years ago by the Sea to Summit owner... 1) back to great inventory, 2) nicely renovated including coffee/beer bar where can flip through books/maps (also big inventory) and 3) the people are knowledgeable and on average friendly (some very fun, some kinda introverted... averages out pretty good I think). They're serious, not over sales-y and will go find an expert if they don't know a particular area the best. They have a rewards program. Have good end of season sales. Do good ski and boot work. Overall a great resource in Boulder where only real general outdoor alternative is REI (and kinda Moosejaw I guess).
    Oh and I'll also put in a positive plug for the Boulder Sports Recycler, also under fairly new ownership. Used stuff, so selection on specifics is always hit or miss, but get good stuff in and prices are generally good. The trick is finding it tucked among the north Boulder warehouses.
    S
    That is the kinda stuff I run into. Nothing is sacred, not even the TGR Forum DB. "Shit you not"

It should give you pause. I am always thinking Did I ever Ski with this fucker? Did anyone?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

So to answer this question...

A few years ago I walk into a local guitar shop with a buddy of mine who is a guitarist in a band big enough to sell out Red Rocks, who a handful of years ago was in Guitar magazine as one of “the 25 new guitar gods”. In town touring.

My buddy starts asking some questions of the employee about some guitars and is promptly told he is flat out wrong on a number of issues. Treated like a total jong nubie. It was incredible. It went on and on until another employee happened over, recognized my friend, and immediately lost his shit.

After some autographs we left. The amount of attitude this first sales guy showed was incredible.

So yes, Yo Yo Ma would get the lecture. I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    So to answer this question...

A few years ago I walk into a local guitar shop with a buddy of mine who is a guitarist in a band big enough to sell out Red Rocks, who a handful of years ago was in Guitar magazine as one of “the 25 new guitar gods”. In town touring.

My buddy starts asking some questions of the employee about some guitars and is promptly told he is flat out wrong on a number of issues. Treated like a total jong nubie. It was incredible. It went on and on until another employee happened over, recognized my friend, and immediately lost his shit.

After some autographs we left. The amount of attitude this first sales guy showed was incredible.

So yes, Yo Yo Ma would get the lecture. I saw it.
    Great story. Bow down before the unlimited knowledge of the retail store 20 something expert!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Maybe I should change my handle to "m-series-jong"

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    ahem
    PM me your favorite stashes, I'll send you a pic of skidog's tits