Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    Damn shame, been shopping there for over a decade, I can get Eider there and never get tired of all the climbing history on the wall. I do know what you mean about the customer service though.

So, can Bent Gate mount my Comforts?
    FWIW, prolly a third of that 'climbing history' was bought from the boulder sports recycler.

and give your business to bent gate. good people over there for sure.
    Last edited by marshalolson; 12-14-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    As a long time friend of Gary Neptune
    Does this mean you and Gary hang out in south Boulder back yards together wearing g-strings?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    I'm a Sex Panther man myself. 40% of the time it does the trick everytime!
    sex panther ? mannnnn that stuff smells like bigfoot's dick.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Quote Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
    Does this mean you and Gary hang out in south Boulder back yards together wearing g-strings?
    Well, Gary has a bit of a southern euro style. I think the referenced g-string is prolly some kind of speedo.

My style is more like the Germans who vacation in Spain.

But when we ski together, we both have a liking for leather.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

They definintely sound like self-important, self-impressed douchebags.

However, "bad for business" is a bullshit call. Not every person who has a business wants to be Bill Gates. Some want only to be able to have their business, instead of going to work in White Collar Hell or Blue Collar Purgatory.

If Neptune can stay in business acting like douche-baguettes to everyone who isn't in their "core" group of regulars, then who the fuck cares? It's not like they are obliged to make anyone happy.

You people seem to think that "the customer always is right." I can tell you for sure that if the customer is a walking pile of horse shit, he's not right. Ever. Nobody's obliged to see the world in a false light "just for business."

Douchebaggery works both ways. Douchebag customers are no "better" or no more "worthy" of attention than douchebag stores or douchebag store employees.

I think uncle crud sounds like the ideal shop owner! Your business model could be a great fit for all the rich yuppies flocking to the state.

This thread is the first hit when you google "Neptune Mountaineering Sucks." Maybe that'll get their attention. I've been in the customer service industry for almost 20 years, and it baffles me they are still in business after the comments I have read here.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    i like how dooever and rimjob bump the thread so that more people will see that
    Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks Neptune Mountaineering Sucks

that should get the search engine's attention
    washu feeze drive me to firenze?

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    sex panther ? mannnnn that stuff smells like bigfoot's dick.
    Could you explain how it is you know what Bigfoot's....no, wait. Nevermind.
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gbarnum View Post
    This thread is the first hit when you google "Neptune Mountaineering Sucks." Maybe that'll get their attention. I've been in the customer service industry for almost 20 years, and it baffles me they are still in business after the comments I have read here.
    It baffles you that there's a whole group of people who don't posture, act, or think like the maggots?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    They definintely sound like self-important, self-impressed douchebags.

However, "bad for business" is a bullshit call. Not every person who has a business wants to be Bill Gates. Some want only to be able to have their business, instead of going to work in White Collar Hell or Blue Collar Purgatory.

If Neptune can stay in business acting like douche-baguettes to everyone who isn't in their "core" group of regulars, then who the fuck cares? It's not like they are obliged to make anyone happy.

You people seem to think that "the customer always is right." I can tell you for sure that if the customer is a walking pile of horse shit, he's not right. Ever. Nobody's obliged to see the world in a false light "just for business."

Douchebaggery works both ways. Douchebag customers are no "better" or no more "worthy" of attention than douchebag stores or douchebag store employees.
    The whole idea of running a business is to be successful. You do everything in your power to make that happen. If you don't, the next guy will.
    I understand your idea of having a business that you go to just so you don't work in a cube, but that can only last so long when you keep running people off time and time again.

Marsha LOL Son, it's time. It's your calling.

GIT'ER DUN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    It baffles you that there's a whole group of people who don't posture, act, or think like the maggots?
    No, not what I'm saying. Read the thread again.
    washu feeze drive me to firenze?

"Sarcasm is Freedom"

-Jello Biafra.

From an interview I did with him in Boulder on KAIR in 1985.
    Stood upon a mountaintop.
    Walked barefoot in the Snow.

Maybe the real problem here might be that addimmen doesn't know how to mount his own skis.
    Last edited by mud; 12-14-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gbarnum View Post
    No, not what I'm saying. Read the thread again.
    the comments you read here are not necessarily indicative of anything

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    i could have gotten the boot for ya too
    Next year maybe. The boot is not available for reorder this season- we are already sold out at Garmont- all pairs have been spoken for, outside of the random pairs in our demo fleet. Heck, we can't even get ourselves a pair.

BTW, they will be available for demo this Saturday at Aspen Highlands, Sunday at Crested Butted. Sizes 25-28. Stop by and break 'em in!

[/shameless plug]

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    the comments you read here are not necessarily indicative of anything
    Hey JONG. Like I've said before, you and all the other jongs haven't been around here enough to understand the impact this place can have on the ski industry.

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    doesn't/didn't Aaron Ralston work at Neptune?
    That's who I thought waited on me when I bought a bunch of stuff at their recent sale. He was a nice guy. Had a bit of a difficult time opening a plastic bag with one hand to put my purchases in. I've shopped there for years and have never had a bad experience. But they should know "the customer is always right!"

Quote Originally Posted by cocavaak View Post
    the customer is always right!
    alright, that's the second time i've seen that in this thread. i have to clear something up.

the customer is usually wrong, you just always make them THINK they are right.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

It's a coin flip every time you walk in there. I've had guys hook me up with free rivets and service on boots and also have felt the Nep-tude. They hire climbers with huge egos and some don't ski. These same asshat are expected to help out in the ski section of the store but aren't humble enough to drop the "I am a climbing legend in the making" bullshit. It's a mountaineering shop with some ski equipment. You may get better info in REI on ski gear depending on who you talk to.

About 7 or 8 years ago I had an employee try to talk me out of buying ski boots because they were "too stiff." These were the T Races with the yellow heels, which were heavily sought after a year later when Scarpa softened the boot up. This same ass also refused to mount some G3s on the old atomic heli guides... maybe 90 under foot 200cm. I had to get another employee to right up the ticket. His argument was that was way too much ski to try and tele on. Funny shit.

So yeah, half of those guys suck, and the other half are helpful. In the end I stopped buying equipment from them due to the tude....

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    alright, that's the second time i've seen that in this thread. i have to clear something up.

and even that is not always the case! I do believe there are times where you do have to protect/stand up for your employees, and some customers just aren't worth having. But it doesn't seem like the OP falls in this group, nor does it explain the clear pattern of poor service documented here. Hell, I'd just be happy if they actually treated me like a customer!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post

It's been my experience buying electronics, appliances, skis, cars, etc that 8/10 sales people have no idea what the hell they are talking about. They just rely on customers being to dumb to notice.

What the heck happened back there with rimjob and do overr? Who are they and why do they want to fight?

I need to pay more attention, I guess. Or less.

It sounds like the good guy owner has delegated a lot of the day to day management of the shop and the idiots are now running the asylum. Maybe this serves as a wakeup call for them and they get better but who cares in the end? Sounds like you have other good options so fuck em.

If I owned that shop and read this, I'd be raising bloody hell in there today and a copy of this thread would be posted in the staff room (minus the juvenile gangster death circle jerk posts). I could see this thread costing this dude tens of thousands of dollars in sales this year alone. The maggots have a long memory.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

adimmen,

Shocked that you got treated that way!! But only shocked cause I have never set foot in the place, and now... I never will.

If I went to a shop to pick up a special order item, and could see it behind the counter... yet the sales guy was trying to tell me it wasnt there. I would have immeadiatly said.. "I am done talking to you, go get your manager"

I think you acted with restraint given the circumstances. The brick and mortar retail establishments days are numbered, the only ones that will be left standing are the ones that offer something that you cant get online.. and that is GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I suggest that anyone reading this thread go into Neptune to try on Ski Boots in order to determine proper shell size, and then go buy your boots else where!!

If Gary Neptune is reading this, he ought to realize how big his employee screwed up, call you personally and issue you a sincere apology for the completly unacceptable way in which you were treated. Then he should fire said employee and implement a customer service training program for the remaining ones.

Here in Summit Co I have always been treated well by Wilderness Sports and Mountain Outfitters.
    Last edited by kentheskier; 12-14-2007 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Spelling and to say that nearly 5,000 people have seen this

Quote Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
    I think uncle crud sounds like the ideal shop owner! Your business model could be a great fit for all the rich yuppies flocking to the state.
    uncle crud is the head of the p.r. department for the City of Missoula.