Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Positive Neptune's Experience

I just bought a pair of boots from Neptune’s today - Scarpa Spirit 4s. I have heinous bunions and needed some special attention. Had a great experience – they really know how to fit boots. I wouldn’t have gone anywhere else.

Sounds like a guy came in to Neptune’s and was handled poorly. Then said guy acted like a dick and they handled it poorly again. Too bad. It happens. I’m sure they are well aware of this thread. Maybe it will help them refocus on customer service.

Neptune’s is one of the greatest shops in the country, hands down. Just look at the walls in there. Or go to one of the slide shows. If you want clueless sales people, try a box store. Think about how hard it would be to fill the shop with people who are willing to work retail, really know what they are doing, and also have great customer service skills. Part of the Neptune brand is that the sales people there really get out and get after it. I like the feel there. Lots of history.

Don’t judge a shop by a one sided story or by the numerous losers who have nothing better to do with their time than to jump on the bandwagon and anonymously flame a local business.

I'm not an employee. I usually don't spend my time in these forums. I had a great experience there today, heard about this thread, and decided to add my 2 cents.

Why are you so protective of your silly flame?

Quote Originally Posted by just_send_it View Post

Don’t judge a shop by a one sided story or by the numerous losers who have nothing better to do with their time than to jump on the bandwagon and anonymously flame a local business.
    Unlike you, I am not anonymous. I use my name. And I flamed them .

Neptune’s is one of the greatest shops in the country, hands down. Just look at the walls in there.

Yeah, I always judge my ski shops by what the walls look like.
    Tangible experiences had by myself and others mean nothing to me.
    Jesus dude, get the fuck out of here.

FRANKENMAGGOT!!!!!!!

I'm not an employee. ?
    so you must be either good looking or you are looking good?

money influences volumes

I love this thread, I love that shop "techies" with tude are finally getting "theirs"

I remember the day that I walked into a "high end" ski house here in UT and the fuckrat told me that Nobis was not going to have Dynastar signature ski. when not two days before JN sent me the ski....fuck them all

srry Im drunkenpostin
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Mark my words, Taos will never allow snowboards, and Boulder will never have 'tude.
    Unpossible.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I was in there earlier in the fall to try on some Syner-g's. I had a good deal lined up on a used pair and wanted to make sure the size would be right. I was "serviced" by an older ski tech and he had no problem pulling out a bunch of boots so I could find the right size eventhough I had no intention of buying them. I was up front about this. I ended up getting the used pair and came back to Neptune's for the thermo-fitting beacuse they helped me out. Anyway, pretty good service the one time I was there (although, as I recall, when I came back for the fitting I was without the gf and had to wait around for a while).

Funny how every positive opinion is from someone with only a handful of posts...

We have a store which blows like that in Berkeley: Marmot Mountain Works... Tons of attitude, poser employees, ugh. Unfortunately, they're one of the only stores of their kind in the Bay Area, so sometimes there isn't much of an option.

I had a few retail jobs in college (bike shop, mountaineering store) it's sooo easy to make people feel stoked to come in; I don't get why shops don't nip the bad attitude in the bud.

Conclusion.

People skills are important. Not everyone is your mama. Thanks to the internet, the cutomer is always right.

Shit, Shinola.
    Last edited by Cono Este; 12-16-2007 at 05:05 PM.

hcubed is legit. He lives in Mass.
    Support a 6,000 mile bike tour for early literacy!

http://www.ride4ror.com

Welcome to the 21st century dude...A buisness is gonna have to be accountable for their service, especially when it's exposed and preserved on the internet for all to see. That's how it is now....for better and worse...get used to it.

There are a lot of folks here from the front range that know each other. We've been there numerous times. A negative opinion isn't a flame unless you are stupid enough to take it personally. There is such a thing as sharing opinions, and just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's flaming. Most people that have been there and shared their experiences know thier shit and know whats "good". Plus, just because it's a "local busness" doesn't mean it's immune from criticism. So, until you hang around here for a while and realize, that us "anonymous losers" have a valid voice and the opinions shared on this board carry far more weight for me (and 99% of other maggots and lurkers) than any skiing magazine or trade publication, STFU dude.
    Last edited by smolakian; 12-16-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smolakian View Post
    Welcome to the 21st century dude...A buisness is gonna have to be accountable for their service, especially when it's exposed and preserved on the internet for all to see. That's how it is now....for better and worse...get used to it.

There are a lot of folks here from the front range that know each other. We've been there numerous times. A negative opinion isn't a flame unless you are stupid enough to take it personally. There is such a thing as sharing opinions, and just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's flaming. Most people that have been there and shared their experiences know thier shit and know whats "good". Plus, just because it's a "local busness" doesn't mean it's immune from criticism. So, until you hang around here for a while and realize, that us "anonymous losers" have a valid voice and the opinions shared on this board carry far more weight for me (and 99% of other maggots and lurkers) than any skiing magazine or trade publication, STFU dude.
    I'd guess based on this and other material here that there a lot folks from the front range that think the "Maggots" are a bunch of spoiled brats.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    A perfect attitude for a salesman from Neptune. Think your above your customer base.
    You think I work at Neptune ski shop? You got problems I can't solve.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    Who knows you haven't posted anything other than rants about how the Mags are treating Neptune. Throw up some pics of you in action. A TR of your last trip to the hills.

Oh and don't get so bent out of shape. Flame wars only happen when people get bent. What do you care if one of our own had a bad time in Neptune if you don't work there
    That's funny - What do you care if one of our own had a bad time in Neptune if you don't work there Take your own advice!
    I can show some pictures but don't usually take a camera when we're skiing. Every now and then maybe. Some of the TR's I've read are a little much. I don't think I'll be posting any look at me pictures.

At least you've perfected your use of underlining.

The funniest thing about the reply is......
    These are your [potential] customers! well, not anymore.

Real world feedback is one of the most valuable metric's that one's shop could be measured by (except for sales and/or loyalty, conversion, ect), and the real world feedback ( that you are getting in two threads w/ PV's over 14.5K combined) is saying that your shop's CS blows. You cannot write off a group of people(regardless if you consider the 'interweb' just a bunch of BS/hearsay.) Welcome to the 21st century. Internet feedback ( define Viral?) can cripple almost organization.

Maybe... just maybe, you should address the problem of shitty CS instead of spewing garbage:

Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    The store is committed to back country skiing and has been for many years. So many negative vibes is more a symptom of people with too much spare time, and wanting to be part of a group.
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Might want to think about Damage control. Probably too late for that though.

Here's to a strong fiscal 2008 for Neptune!

Hehe... its hilarious to see Neptune's pathetic attempts at damage control.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What happened to the positive experience thread? Maybe he just figured out his boots fit like shit.
    Last edited by Fritz; 12-16-2007 at 08:31 PM.

I work in IT and just took a customer service seminar last week. The most valuable thing a manager can receive is criticism. Accepting criticism and improving customer service does not include turning customers away out of loyalty to employees. There is a middle ground.

Looks like the manager of Neptune called his employee and told him to delete the "positive" thread when it didn't go the way he wanted... who didn't see this coming after the manager deleted all his comments which consisted mostly of personal attacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bwah

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Didn't someone save it on google?

Quote Originally Posted by SL View Post
    You think I work at Neptune ski shop? You got problems I can't solve.
    Yea man, like...like...thinking I work at Neptune Mountaineering. That is so fucked up maaan.

Some of the TR's I've read are a little much. I don't think I'll be posting any look at me pictures.
    You really don't get the point of posting a TR (with pics), do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Of course. Classic backpedal. Nice work, Neptune Whore.

I don't think I'll be posting any look at me pictures.
    Yeah, I wish all the althetes in the magazines and movies stopped taking all of those look at me pictures. I'm sure that all your skiing is solo and you never talk about it so as to maintain your humility.

I'd guess based on this and other material here that there a lot folks from the front range that think the "Maggots" are a bunch of spoiled brats.
    Ok, so sharing opinions and experiences makes us spoiled? Get a clue dude. Your attempts to invalidate this place are useless. You'd have better luck trying to travel back in time to assasinate Al Gore before he could invent the internet.
    Last edited by smolakian; 12-16-2007 at 09:24 PM.