Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by homerjay View Post
    Fer reals. All this after hearing one side of a two-sided story?
    agreed. but there are a lot of experiences posted in the thread, not just his. It seems pretty clear that there's a pattern there (but yes, there is definitely some assbaggery by folks in this thread too).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It's just a smidge excessive....

Plus I bet Neptune's can't hold a snoot to Feathered Friends when it comes to elitism.

We should try and get one of us barred from there to prove it.
    It's on the way home. I'll let you know how it goes.

Damn, I hope Gary reads this and realize he has a bunch of asshats working for him. I mean shit this aint good for his business. I can't say I have ever bought shit from them. Mainly cause I only buy online. But when I have gone in there and wanted something that day, they just didn't have it. So I called the rest of the gear shops til I found what I needed. Price doesn't really matter to me when I want something ASAP.

But really weather the customer is right or wrong, who cares, if the customer is sarcastic and has attitude, who cares.

DO THEY SPEND MONEY?

That should be all the matters to a business. Your employees should know basic business skills and not to sweat some words which don't mean shit after about 2 minutes. Just laugh it off and say how gay Adimen was when he was in here and you had no idea what boots he was talking about in the first place. And what a douche manager going and escalating the situation. He should be straight fired, apparently he has no idea how to run an business and he is the one managing. I mean what the fuck?

Now look what has happened. A huge smear campaign against Neptune, which may be deserved and may not. Shit just cracks me up.

I think customer service is key. I have really had my mind baffled lately at gear shops. Lately Sports Garage lost most of my business for bike shit. And I spend thousands a year. I mean in 05 I spent like 4 grand on my bike and shit from them. I would go there cause they carried my frames and figured they would know the most and take care of me. Well not true at all. I broke a rear hub earlier this year and they just told me it was done, that Mavic wouldn't even take it back, they didn't even call or nothing, just said done. So I go to another shop and he said no problem, I will just send it back. They are now on my shit list and The Fix is the only place I will go anymore just cause of the customer service. Again what the fuck.
    A gay-rage full of toys. You can guess em.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    It's on the way home. I'll let you know how it goes.
    You're the ideal man for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You're the ideal man for the job.
    I know you think highly of me, and I am sure the fine folks at FF will too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    agreed. but there are a lot of experiences posted in the thread, not just his. It seems pretty clear that there's a pattern there (but yes, there is definitely some assbaggery by folks in this thread too).
    I've experienced my share of nep-tude, too, and when I had my gf's AT skis mounted there I couldn't have felt less comfortable with the tech. Still, the angry mob assbaggery here knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    ba haaa. you live at sea level
    And I can see a 14,000 foot peak from my office window.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    And I can see a 14,000 foot peak from my office window.
    BFD, i can see 3 of em from mine. suck it trebeck.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

the Nep-tood is a long-standing issue at Neptune. See it every time. I've been told by a Neptooded dude salesman - in that, snorting, can-you-believe-this-dork sort of way - that "there is not such thing as 120mm skins." I spend my money elsewhere. They might not know it - yet - but it is their loss.
    On first

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay View Post
    Fer reals. All this after hearing one side of a two-sided story? adamemmnon or whoever was probably mouthing off.
    I have given Neptune plenty of chances over the last 5 years. Every time I have been in there there is 3 or 4 "employees" standing behind the counter with their thumbs up their asses talking about all the rad shit they are gonna do on the weekend.

Go up and ask for help and they look at you like you just stabbed a baby. Finally get any help and they have an attitude the whole time. Make it the least bit obvious that you are still "in the market" and the attitude gets even worse.

Many times they say they have stuff in stock on the phone that they don't have at all, or don't even carry.

Having grown up in a customer service oriented family business the most important thing I have learned from my father is, "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"

Even if a customer is getting irked or acting like a douche you gotta still do your best to please them. Shower them with helpfulness no matter what. Do your best to assist them. They can't leave angry if you try your best to assist them....usually.

There is a reason we have 10,000 accounts. Many of which have been with us since the '40s.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

fuck Neptude.

Dibs on the axons!

Anybody got a code at Neptune?

uhhhh....just got the weirdest phone call EVER from that number.

I missed the first call and called that number back.

Automated voice: "Thanks for calling Frank N. Maggot Associates Inc.....We called you about some business related survey"

I can only imagine it has something to do with this....but I don't know who the hell has my number...

I am on the national do not call list as well....what the hell?

I shop there on occasion and I find their service to be variable but I've never been run out of there with a Bible and a rope or anything. They let you bring your own malt liquor to their slide shows and Gary is a good egg. They are one of the few places locally that sell the maps and guidebooks to South America and Europe that I occasionally buy. As long as you know exactly what you need, it's a good store. I do wish they would hire some hotter hippie chicks, though!
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

i just luv neptunes always got instant gratification.

not a big fan of uranus

pluto sucks

FWIW: Before this thread I didn't know the shop existed. I happened to be driving through Boulder today and noticed Neptune so I figured I'd stop in and see what all the fuss was about. I was greeted at the door and asked if I needed help. I didn't, and started a quick lap of the store. I was asked again if i needed any assistance as I walked through camping. I walked by an associate helping a guy with a splitboard. In passing, I gathered that he was going to cut one skin for the guy to get him started, and let him do the other one himself at home. I stopped briefly to look at AT bindings and was again asked if I needed anything. My first impression was a good one.

Of course, this is just one isolated incident. As were the negative ones mentioned by other people in this thread. Unfortunately for Neptune, these things don't balance each other out by any means. Even given today's visit, they're not very high on my list of places to shop at due to the accounts in this thread. I may stop in again though.

Anyway... figured it was worth posting since this thread's been so biased so far.

ALSO... I couldn't help but wonder if the attentiveness of the people working there had something to do with this thread...
    Feel the rhythm... feel the rhyme...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Reasonably quick response (1 day):

yes we have two, if you want one act fast!
    He probably means they have one pair.
    Change is good. You go first.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    The whole idea of running a business is to be successful. You do everything in your power to make that happen. If you don't, the next guy will.
    I understand your idea of having a business that you go to just so you don't work in a cube, but that can only last so long when you keep running people off time and time again.
    I'd wager that most Americans consider "success" as meaning "perpetual growth" and similar crap. I don't know about you, though. So maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or you're misunderstanding me.

As I read your response, I think that you and I have different ideas of what is "success," then. The only "success" that I need is to be able to live in a decent hovel, to be able to ride MTBs, to be able to ski, to be able to write, and to be able to eat. Beyond that I don't care about "success."

It is conceivable to me that Mr Neptune can have enough of a core group of clients/customers that he doesn't need to court business from others. I understand that some people might assume that "the customer is always right," but I've done enough business litigation to know that such platitudes are way too general. There are asshole, douchebag customers that deserve to be booted from a store.

Not saying that the OP here is one of them. Personally, I thought his sarcasm was very funny. And I thought Neptune Mtn'gs response was VERY LAME. But it seems, from all the complaints about what dipshits the Neptune shop and staff are, they remain in business despite their not courting "success" and not acting as though "the customer always is right."

I have to guess they are able to defy your model of what is "successful." I don't see any other explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    uncle crud is the head of the p.r. department for the City of Missoula.
    HAH. Would that I could do such a thing.

In my view a town should not need "PR" and definitely should not need a "Chamber of Commerce" or a "Downtown Business Association."

If a town and its businesses cannot survive without such phony promotion and enticement, then there's something seriously wrong in the town.

What is gained by enticing more people to your town?

Take it to a smaller scale. You buy a house. It's good-sized for you and whomever you live with.

Now why would you want to start adding housemates if it's not crowded now? If you don't need another housemate to fill the space, why would you entice them, seek them, promote your house to them?

My parents live in a nice small town in rural NH. That town doesn't promote itself, doesn't have a "Chamber of commerce", doesn't have a "public relations" section. They do fine. They have businesses which meet the needs of the locals. The residents like the space between the houses and farms and outbuildings. They don't want to "grow" the town. And why would they? It would only make it more crowded.

If you want to live in a big city, then move to one. That's how I see it.
    Last edited by uncle crud; 12-14-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bedtime4bonzos View Post

ALSO... I couldn't help but wonder if the attentiveness of the people working there had something to do with this thread...

oh im sure that the worker bees have been informed of this thread by the higher-ups.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

CU Business School students did a study of Neptune a while ago and determined they should've went out of business years ago, at least according to "the rules." So there is something to Uncle Crud's point that they are successful despite themselves, in some regards.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Good call on going to edgeworks, the owner is one hell of a stand up individual. I worked there for a time and he always was the first to handle an issue at his shop, unlike others previously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    CU Business School students did a study of Neptune a while ago and determined they should've went out of business years ago, at least according to "the rules." So there is something to Uncle Crud's point that they are successful despite themselves, in some regards.
    They need like three 40-something-north-boulder-milfs to come in there and drop a grand on some totally-full-retail-price patagucci shit a week to stay in business.

FWIW I bought hiking boots there a while ago, and they were plenty helpful and didn't get the 'tude.

I wanted to post before this got to page 10. First things first:

Holy shit! The power of the Maggots! I'm not a HARDCOREMOFO, sometimes I wish I was.

That being said, & it may not be right, but I tell you.

I would never step into Neptune after reading this...ok maybe, only because its reminiscent of a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge McBragg View Post
    Free Tibet but your ski gear is made in China.
    * I am impressed with some of the TGR BB class 0f 07.

Some of you stepped it up and made laugh. Made great points, & kept me coming back to this thread.

*After reading some of the comments about "climbers" I now understand Xover a lil bit better

Quote Originally Posted by bedtime4bonzos View Post
    I hope Neptune gets the message!

Im sure Ill think of 10 otherthings to add...
    Last edited by MacDaddy; 12-14-2007 at 10:24 PM.
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post

uhhhh....just got the weirdest phone call EVER from that number.

I missed the first call and called that number back.

Automated voice: "Thanks for calling Frank N. Maggot Associates Inc.....We called you about some business related survey"

Bwahaha! I used to work for that company. It's Magid BTW. So far as I know, the various call lists pertained to sales calls, but it's been years since I did that, what a crappy job.

I like to go in there and ask stupid questions like what is the consistancy of the climbing rubber. I also get attitude in there.... the last couple of days they have been better. Pretty sure all the employees know about this, and some of them might even be bent out of shape about it. It IS amazing how these forums will affect real life things.

I also like Bent Gate.... they gave me beer and pie the other night. It was awesome. oh yeah, and they showed Lost and Found...
    “The word user is the word used by the computer professional when they mean idiot.” - David Barry