Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Bump for jongs to read
    Nice bump, hopefully Hairy Neptude will show up again. My favorite alias ever.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by SL View Post
    I'm confused why he had to get his boots from a retail shop.

And to Uncle Crud, my last comment was badly written and meant to be general, not directed at you specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwolter7 View Post
    The best answer yet.
    It like a ride at the fair I can't get enough. WEEEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by SL View Post
    So he was buying boots for $800? Holy shit, and is making a big deal about it? Holy trust fund batman! Sounds like a spoiled kid didn't get his way and had a melt down. Boo Hoo.
    How do you know he doesnt spend his time between
    1) working a million dollar a year job
    2) skiing
    and has so much money and so little time between his job and skiing that the money spent is nothing and the time spent trying to get deals isnt worth it?

whatever the reason, I asure you we will hate him for it.

you must be new here, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Headcase22 View Post
    HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

It's all right there Andy, in the internet. Just type in " a dimmen colorado" in google..
    HOW EMBARRASSING!!! First entry, that he was number 1 in a race. For some reason I doubt you have the embarrassment of having the first entry on you in google being that you were number 1 in a race

Sorry, I truly am also a loser. I said I was done with this thread but after driving to work I had to add something: When you air your dirty laundry in public everyone loses. This was a classic Lose Lose situation. Ad is the biggest loser because he is a spoiled person that wants to hurt people when his world goes wrong(learn you shell size it wont change for the rest of your life, .
    Really? SL posted his personal info and asked people to google him (ad), and the first google result was him winning a race, and another was from a professional photography company giving him credit for skiing the backcountry. Looks to me like if he took the time he could get pro deals at about half off, but apparently has too busy a life to do so. It is not like he spends all day posting here either. (yeah, I know I have been replying to posts over a year old, but this thread has been brought back, it is not like I have gone back)

nothing to add other than I went to some lecture with Gary Neptune and the entire time I was sitting there listening to him, I couldn't help but think about this thread and the 'neptude that some of his employees display. He seemed like a nice guy, but definitely jaded me and I probably won't ever go in the shop because of it.
    "...but I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road, my country is the caravan, my life the most unexpected of voyages".-Leo Africanus

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Neptune Mountaineering F-in sucks!!!*

*I've never been there.
    That would make a good bumper sticker. Someone should make a couple hundred and pass them out in Boulder, including making sure all the cars parked near Neptunes have one

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Boulder sucks. Nobody should move here.
    But that is where Mork lives?!??!? No one is cooler than Mork

Clueless

I went to Neptune's yesterday and it was bad. These guys are hacks in this store. I am not sure why this store is popular. You can get any of this gear at much less of hit to the wallet at other stores. I think they just have minimum wage CU students running the place too, and they have no clue.

Neptune's sucks balls

This thread is awesome. I have had bad experiences with Neptune's since the first time I shopped there. These guys think they are the shit and it is so not true. A bunch of incompetent drug addicts. And wtf is up with all the T&A on the walls. I had heard Gary Neptune is a sexist bastard but geez. If I were a woman I would never shop there. Spend your money elsewhere. This place is not gonna last long if they continue the way they are.
    Last edited by pebble wrestler; 06-01-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I just assume all ski shops are like this....

Back in the day, I flipped out on an old guy at BSD after bringing in a pair of skis to get some patch work and a basegrind. I just came back from xmas break skiing back home in Tahoe with a 144" base. He asked how the skiing was and I replied it was awesome. He looked at my skis and said they must lie on the snow reports because it looks like you skied on rocks. I tell him that its just from Kirkwood, they have volcanic rock all over the place. It goes on and on...and I stop and tell him if I could just get my skis fixed. He tells me to throw them away, so I grabbed my stuff, tell him that he is moron, and proceed to tell the manager as well, when he comes over and says that...here comes the best line..."I can ski shit that would make me piss my pants." Never went back.
    love that last bit but yes generally believe they are all pretty poor too. have a had a few similar experiences with these guys as well. never had the heart to flip em off and show em the business though.
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

Bump from the past!

Neptune was just sold to a Texas company.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Bump from the past!

Now they can be worse, and not care, even more!
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

A wise man once said "Even Reinhold Messner would get attitude if walked into the 'Tune for a carabiner."

Hugh Conway Guest
    Bump from the past!

not just any Texas company Lurker Dan, backwoods <- who have avantlinks on TGR in deepest irony. Yup, TGR is getting paid to besmirch the company's own reputation

backwoods vs. the house

FIGHT!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Wow, that was fun!

Bump from the past!

There's gotta be a Pace picante joker somewhere in the crowd who applauds the irony here.
    Above the fingers of death sits a delicate winter garden

What the fuck did I just read
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

I have a love hate relationship with this thread. In 2010, one of the geniuses there put up his icelantics with dynafits on ebay for a buy it now of $25. So I had the button, and sent a paypal. Hours later I get an email about how the transaction was cancelled, and a follow up email about how the seller just fucked up and that I didn't really want cheap skis, right? I kind of felt like, people get ripped off on auctions every day, and you guys suck, so mail me my skis. It did go to show me that these people are grade-A morons though, i mean, eBay was 10+ years old at the time, right?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

What would Stevie S. say?

Epic thread.

Great thread. Glad to see it still alive.

Funny thread.
    tele hacker

Neptune

I got nothing but love from them...amazing service from shoe dude