Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 760
  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1

    I was in the store

    that evening, getting a boot fit done in the boot area. The guy who is posting all this crap has forgotten HIS attitude towards the staff at Neptune's that night. He should of been kicked out that evening, period. I have been a Neptune's customer for a very long time and yes, a period of time comes and goes when Gary has not had the best help. But, there is no doubt, that this current staff is more friendly and helpful than ever. And the customers attitude was the problem, not the staff. And I am glad they kicked you out, I would of done it sooner.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Collins
    Posts
    438
    Great first post jong. I'm sure you'll make some great friends here.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a state of confusion.........
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Puscifer69 View Post
    that evening, getting a boot fit done in the boot area. The guy who is posting all this crap has forgotten HIS attitude towards the staff at Neptune's that night. He should of been kicked out that evening, period. I have been a Neptune's customer for a very long time and yes, a period of time comes and goes when Gary has not had the best help. But, there is no doubt, that this current staff is more friendly and helpful than ever. And the customers attitude was the problem, not the staff. And I am glad they kicked you out, I would of done it sooner.
    Your 1st post JONG? I guess someone has finally told you what a douche bag you were that nite and you are just coming here to finally defend yourself? Not a wise move. If Admin was the only one talking shit that would be one thing, but don't make him out to be some kind of ass-clown..............
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Of course. Classic backpedal. Nice work, Neptune Whore.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Puscifer69 View Post
    that evening, getting a boot fit done in the boot area. The guy who is posting all this crap has forgotten HIS attitude towards the staff at Neptune's that night. He should of been kicked out that evening, period. I have been a Neptune's customer for a very long time and yes, a period of time comes and goes when Gary has not had the best help. But, there is no doubt, that this current staff is more friendly and helpful than ever. And the customers attitude was the problem, not the staff. And I am glad they kicked you out, I would of done it sooner.
    I can believe that. I can also believe that you are Neptune Employee. I can also believe that Admin is right. There's no real way to tell.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a state of confusion.........
    Posts
    174
    Yep, what are the odds that a guy who happened to be in the shop that night, and happened to be over with the boots, happened to over hear the conversation, then happened to stumble upon this thread, then happened to register and make his first post, which happened to contradict Admin's version of the story?

    Well, slap me in the ass and call me Sally, what a coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Of course. Classic backpedal. Nice work, Neptune Whore.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,190
    Bullshit walks around here, Puscifier.
    Please prove who you are, or STFU.
    JONG.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Sandy UT
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Puscifer69 View Post
    that evening, getting a boot fit done in the boot area. The guy who is posting all this crap has forgotten HIS attitude towards the staff at Neptune's that night. He should of been kicked out that evening, period. I have been a Neptune's customer for a very long time and yes, a period of time comes and goes when Gary has not had the best help. But, there is no doubt, that this current staff is more friendly and helpful than ever. And the customers attitude was the problem, not the staff. And I am glad they kicked you out, I would of done it sooner.


    bwhahaha! classic first post
    Points on their own sitting way up high

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    25,190
    Or find out who he is, and make his life a living hell.
    Don't doubt that it can be done.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,203
    Having not read this entire thread I can say without a doubt that neptune sucks. I got there to look and handle the gear I want then I buy elsewhere. They have a great selection of stuff that not many shops carry and the stuff on the walls is pretty cool.

    Having said that, I walked in one day (for the first time) and looked around for a while, asked some questions that I knew the answers too but wanted clarification and immediately got the "tude". They also didn't know that there was such a thing as wax for your skins and tried to sell me toko! I was actually going to buy some climbing shoes that day but decided to drive to bent gate instead.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    34
    Those fuckin pussies cant even climb. Damn nancy boys. Namby pambys.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    I've been giving those guys the "Program" for a while now. The manager must have a little rage going from all that he's been taking

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    776
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    lets keep bumping this thread until Google searches for "Neptune Mountaineering" yield results with this thread as one of the first hits...
    It helps if you make it a link: Neptune Mountaineering. Unfortunately, neptude is apparently a French word already and the name of a popular song, so that one probably won't work.

    I found this choice description in a Rocky Mountain Sports article about Neptune Mountaineering:
    The shop offers everyone from the first-time rock-climbing (or skiing) novice to the discriminating climbing (or skiing) enthusiast the opportunity to browse through its wide inventory of gear and apparel, along with help from its reputable and well-informed staff members.
    Change is good. You go first.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    CO/AK
    Posts
    2,125
    google "neptune mountaineering" and this thread pops up on the second page.

    ouch.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    the Can-Utardia / LMCC VT
    Posts
    11,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
    google "neptune mountaineering" and this thread pops up on the second page.

    ouch.
    put "ski" at the end of the neptune search and it comes up top 5!
    bonus: 9,300 viewings

    Thanks neptune, I have learned alot obout CS- or more specifically what happens in its absence- just reading this post...

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a state of confusion.........
    Posts
    174
    So, Skiing magazine does an article on Maggots, then some douche at Neptude insults one causing a flaming for all new comers to see?

    Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Of course. Classic backpedal. Nice work, Neptune Whore.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    land of the free
    Posts
    8,220
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    319.447.5488

    uhhhh....just got the weirdest phone call EVER from that number.


    I missed the first call and called that number back.

    Automated voice: "Thanks for calling Frank N. Maggot Associates Inc.....We called you about some business related survey"

    Hmmm. Automated Voice Dialers from F'N Maggot?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,288
    FRANKENMAGGOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Having not read this entire thread I can say without a doubt that neptune sucks. I got there to look and handle the gear I want then I buy elsewhere. They have a great selection of stuff that not many shops carry and the stuff on the walls is pretty cool.
    Wait - you go there to do your research and handle the gear, knowing you will NOT buy from them.... and THEY suck?

    Put the paint thinner down, son. The fumes is gettin' to ya.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    East Jackson
    Posts
    339
    wahhhhhhhh!!!! so you got poor service.... go cry to mommy.

    or, take your business elsewhere. or speak to a manager, if it's really out of control. i sometimes get 'tude in shops, who doesn't? but i don't let it bother me, and either beat the information out of the employee(s) or leave. sometimes when i'm really in a mood, i just start yelling, "don't you know who the fuck i am? my daddy could buy this whole store and fire all of yall in an instant" etc...

    this thread is ghey.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,794
    google neptune mountaineering service and this thread comes up #3
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

    We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    250
    Yeah, ive gotten the "Tone'e tough guy" vibe a few times at neptune. However, I have also gotten good service.....

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    FRANKENMAGGOT!

    Wait - you go there to do your research and handle the gear, knowing you will NOT buy from them.... and THEY suck?

    Put the paint thinner down, son. The fumes is gettin' to ya.
    Just because they have the gear doesn't mean I have to buy it from them. If I can get a better deal elsewhere then my buck goes to the lowest bidder, plus like I stated before I think their service and attitude stinks so I would rather not give them my money. I also buy gas at the cheapest station in town, might only save a few cents but it's just the principle.

    No paint thinner, just an ice cold pale ale
    Last edited by shredgnar; 12-15-2007 at 02:44 PM.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    2,573
    Jon Turner can talk about my Neptune's experience, which, in all honesty, is pretty mixed. I rented some AT gear when I was visiting, as unfortunately, my ski bag only fit 2 pairs of boards. The skins that they gave me were absolute shite, bad glue cut too short, and about everything that could go wrong with a pair of skins. I brought the set up back and the manager hooked me up by refunding the entire rental.

    I was still pissed that they sent me out with disfunctional gear, but they did make up for it
    Support a 6,000 mile bike tour for early literacy!

    http://www.ride4ror.com

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    C-Town
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbd View Post
    It helps if you make it a link: Neptune Mountaineering. Unfortunately, neptude is apparently a French word already and the name of a popular song, so that one probably won't work.

    I found this choice description in a Rocky Mountain Sports article about Neptune Mountaineering:
    ya links are the way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    9,300ft
    Posts
    17,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart T View Post
    wahhhhhhhh!!!! so you got poor service.... go cry to mommy.

    or, take your business elsewhere. or speak to a manager, if it's really out of control. i sometimes get 'tude in shops, who doesn't? but i don't let it bother me, and either beat the information out of the employee(s) or leave. sometimes when i'm really in a mood, i just start yelling, "don't you know who the fuck i am? my daddy could buy this whole store and fire all of yall in an instant" etc...

    this thread is ghey.
    I laughed pretty hard
    Last edited by Summit; 12-15-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbd View Post
    It helps if you make it a link: Neptune Mountaineering.
    The links need to be on other websites and if those websites also contain the search term this thread gets a higher relevancy ranking.

Similar Threads

  1. 6 Austrians banned for life
    By GBB in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
  2. PSA: Int Mountaineering offered at Lake Tahoe Com. College
    By harpo-the-skier in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •