Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    any Garmont dealer should be able to order you some boots.
    Not for this season. It's a limited-release, mid-season launch. Only 120 pairs were offered in the Rockies (CO, UT, NM, and WY), and even then the boot was only offered to select Garmont dealers who also carry Dynafit. The boot was pre-sold and there are none available for reorder until fall of next year. Sorry, just had to throw that in.

Carry on

So, how are the Axons??

Any feedback or impressions yet??
    . . .

Danno, I never blamed it all on anyone. I just said I have never experienced it myself, which is puzzling. I don't claim that it never happens. Maybe the fact that when I go into Gary's shop I feel as if I am visiting an old friend gives me a different perspective and vibe.

I sent adimmen a PM by way of explanation of my somewhat cryptic post. I think you may have an idea what it is about.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Well, this thread has been viewed 600+ times so far. That's 600 negative hits for Neptune's jackass responses.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Neptune had a damn fine selection of guidebooks. Worth stopping in just for that.

had you just came unglued and cursed, you'd have been welcomed back. Most dont put up with smart asses. I know i dont. Theres a difference between being a dick and being pissed off.

doesn't/didn't Aaron Ralston work at Neptune?

that speaks volumes
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

A lot of people have worked at Neptune's.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

They agree to mount your skis, then call you two days later to say "fuck off and we aren't going to perform the services we promised to" because some employee had a bruised ego????

Those guys are about as slick as a bucket of dicks.
    Last edited by Summit; 12-13-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I see this attitude in many of the mountaineering, ski, snowboard, and bike shops out here. They hire folks who are probably very accomplished in whatever discipline the store happens to cater to, but have absolutely NO customer service skills. Then, when some of these stores go under, people blame the internet sales as the reason. However, those stores with a good vibe do quite well, even with internet competition. Hell, when i bought my last pair of snowboard boots i was in the store for over 2 hours, getting a proper fit and pair that worked the best for my odd shaped feet. I should add that I went in midweek around 1pm, when the shop was dead because i knew i needed a bit more assistance. I would not expect the same level of service if i went in on a saturday afternoon when the shop is slammed. Customers should also be aware of this when shopping.

Somebody should email the owner this thread. I've never heard of the place but I'd be interested in his response.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Of A Flat Planet View Post
    Hell, when i bought my last pair of snowboard boots i was in the store for over 2 hours, getting a proper fit and pair that worked the best for my odd shaped feet. I should add that I went in midweek around 1pm, when the shop was dead because i knew i needed a bit more assistance. I would not expect the same level of service if i went in on a saturday afternoon when the shop is slammed. Customers should also be aware of this when shopping.
    I wasn't asking for any special service. All I wanted was the salesman to retrieve my boots from the hold shelf. That's about as basic as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Somebody should email the owner this thread. I've never heard of the place but I'd be interested in his response.
    Done.

Edit 4 – I have bought guide books from them due to their wide selection. I stopped going there after they screwed up 2 mounts (I didn't learn the first time).
    Last edited by Pow4Brains; 12-13-2007 at 04:35 PM.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by adimmen View Post
    I wasn't asking for any special service. All I wanted was the salesman to retrieve my boots from the hold shelf. That's about as basic as it gets.
    comment wasnt really directed towards you. It was directed at many of the fucktards i see in shops wanting excessive service when either the shop is slammed on a saturday afternoon, 5 minutes before closing, or in between their fucking cell phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    IMHO, sarcastic remarks feel satisfying when you say them, but rarely result in getting what you want. Better to grumble quietly and get your problem solved. Of course, once you realize you never want to deal with a particular person/store again, let 'er rip.

This probably applies with significant others as well.
    Hey JONG, stfu.

If a salesman doesn't even know of a particular model and throws 'tude around, fuck him.

The customer is ALWAYS right, and a lot of these IDIOTS still can't comprehend this very important mentality. If you're a dick to your client, you make less $$$$. Pretty fucking simple.

Fuck'em Adimmen, they'll get theirs.

Neptune sucks. Way too core for me.

I avoid Neptune's unless I know exactly what I want and can just go in and get it. I don't bother buying climbing gear there anymore, because there's been countless times I've been standing at the counter waiting for help watching two employees chat with each other rather than come over to grab a biner or sling off the wall for me (and yes they did look right at me then go back to their conversation). A couple of the older guys that work there are cool, and I know another salesman who is awesome at bootfitting and helping out, but so many of the younger employees seem to have no interest in actually working and helping out customers. It often feels like I am bothering them to ask a question or look at some gear.

Bent Gate on the other hand has been nothing but awesome every time I've been there, as well as Sawatch Backcountry here in Leadville.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

I’ve never been to Neptune Mountaineering, but their customer service sounds exactly like Marmot Mountaineering’s (in Berkeley, CA).
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

They mismounted 2 pairs of a buddies skis, that's good enough for me.
    Calmer than you dude

Reason #45782 why Marshal should run his own shop.

Seeing that we're kicking Neptune when they're down, I'll put on my crampons: I went in to Neptune a few days ago and had some questions about the skins they carry. I've owned five or six pairs and had some specific questions. During the conversation, it became apparent that the guy helping me didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about. So I changed the subject and bailed.

Previously, I'd gone in to rent some AT skis for my girlfriend. When we got to the trailhead, I found that the forward pressure wasn't even close.

So, in general, I've learned not to trust them for any sort of ski stuff. Climbing may be a different story, but they're hopeless with skiing.

Same vibe experienced here...fuck that shop. I've never even been waited on once going in that place. I guess I don't look core enough or some other shit. Bent Gate is the shiznit, and Alpenglow have always made me feel welcome too. Neptune never ever got a chance after the second time I could get no one...on a slow day both days mind you...to even stop what they were doing to help me. Dumbasses...their loss.

The word Gaper is overused Guest
    Ski shop techs are fucking jong faks who think they know everything. In reality they read to much SKI Magazine and rarely ski.... they also pride themselves on having cum stains on the wax scrapers they use.

I remember going to Neptune in 1991 when they were located in Idaho Springs.

Pinheads from Hell.

Then they moved to Boulder and got more extreme. So did their attitude,if I member correctly.

Self absorbed Buddhists.

Free Tibet but your ski gear is made in China.

er... Neptune Mountaineering has been in Boulder since the early 70s, jong.

Again, I am not here to apologize for the bad service many have received there. There is no excuse for bad mounts or staff chatting away in their own self-absorbtion rather than assisting customers. If it were my shop I would fire their asses.

--MT--