Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GayRay View Post
    Headcase, don't let them get your goat!! You'll always be my sweet thing. I loved the time we spent together that night in the tent. You made a man of me for sure.

Stay strong, and don't let these posers get the last word
    Oh dearest Ray...........i did love that time and the many other times we spent together. I very much remember the special time when it was you , me, Andy and the other summit county pretty boys. Damn, i get chills just thinking about it.

Hey, just in case you lost my number it's......719-213-1389. Call anytime day or night big boy. If you forget again just look under the thread Andy started "Silverton this Weekend?".

GayRay Guest
    Dude, you're alright. I don't care who you are, that shit's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    What website was that? I GOOGLED YOUR QUOTE AND GOT NO RETURNS. ARE YOU A LIAR? Are you just "making shit up and hoping that it sticks"?

Any reasonable person will assume that you and headcase are employess. Nobody without a vested interest (Headcase) or a vendetta against the maggots (Dave Bourassa) would join the board and spend so much time or energy on this thread as you guys have without such a reason. It is the ONLY logical explanation.... unless of course you guys are just psycho stalkers in your spare time. However, there is no proof.

There IS proof that jwolter is an employee. He admitted it.

600+ responses 34,000+ views
    The original was right here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...o.html#REVIEWS
    But then someone removed it. Which was probably you.
    Check out the jwolter7 in the link, its one you liars pretending to be him.
    Summit: The Nancy Grace of TGR

Not to beat a dead horse but I thought I'd finish the story. I spoke to Gary Neptune today and it was NOT him who replied in this thread.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by adimmen View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse but I thought I'd finish the story. I spoke to Gary Neptune today and it was NOT him who replied in this thread.
    So how stupid do you feel right now?
    Summit: The Nancy Grace of TGR

Sweet, now while you are back tracking, apologize for being a dick to my friend and his girlfriend at Loveland. You can stand anywhere you want there.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Dside11-11 View Post
    Sweet, now while you are back tracking, apologize for being a dick to my friend and his girlfriend at Loveland. You can stand anywhere you want there.

I'm not backtracking at all. I never said that was Gary Neptune. In fact, I highly doubted it was Gary. That's why I called instead of driving down to the store. Also, if he was so concerned about the terrible service, he would have replied to me in this thread or to the multitple emails I sent.

I now realize what you are referring to about Loveland. I was heading across a narrow (1 ski track wide) traverse and your friends were stopped right in the middle of the traverse. There were a bunch of shark's teeth above where they were standing so I had to drop off the traverse to go around them. I muttered nice place to stop as I skied by. I see nothing wrong with this comment. Not stopping in the middle of a traverse is basic skiing etiquette. Simply take one step off the path in either direction and you are out of everyone's way.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

Wow, this thing is a cluster fuck

All you trolls should choke on each others dicks

Note to self: embrace the Type A personality only in competitive situations.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    ...Best Buy employees are somewhere between my balls and my dick.. pathetic...
    -steve
    Ummm.... wow. Your Balls and dick are pathetic? Which one is pathetic-er?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Ummm.... wow. Your Balls and dick are pathetic? Which one is pathetic-er?

both.

can't tell you how many women have heard about my size 15 foot and then had their hopes and dreams dashed.

well, zero. but many would have if i had any game whatsoever.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    both.

can't tell you how many women have heard about my size 15 foot and then had their hopes and dreams dashed.

well, zero. but many would have if i had any game whatsoever.

-steve
    [EMBARRASED FOR POSTING IN THIS THREAD AGAIN]
    Give yourself some credit man! Judging by your avatar, it looks like you've got a kid. So, unless you did the Tom Cruise thing, (had you wife impregnated with the thawed out sperm of L. Ron Hubbard) I would venture to guess that they're at least sufficient to deliver the goods! [/END EMBARRASMENT]
    Last edited by smolakian; 01-31-2008 at 10:09 AM.

I just bought a new pair of gloves.

Did you get them at Neptune Mountaineering?
    How was the service?
    Shut your eyes and think of somewhere. Somewhere cold and caked with snow.

First off, sorry for bringing this back to the top, but I'm really glad i found this thread. I thought that i was the only one that thought that fucking shit hole was filled with elitist asses. Well, that not everyone is a total D-bag, but there are some real jerks that work there. I guess my one man boycott of 2002 was one of many. Fuck neptune and their overpriced boulder-ite bullshit. This thread has brought me much joy reading all the disdain that people have for that crummy place. I hope they get bought out by boulder ski deals and are all forced to work with 20 year old park-rats. (not that there is anything wrong with 20 yr old park-rats, I'm just guessing they would HATE that)

I can't believe after 20,000,000 views no one has axed: "SO WHAT DID HE SAY?"

Sheesh.
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

A couple of things...

I find it funny that the threads that speak negatively about a shop get HUGE views and responses (bklyn's latest post about her bad shop experience is similar to this one). The threads that said soomething positive got no where near the reposnes or views. Human nature I guess. We all love to watch a train wreck or a Floyd Landis get reamed, but don't really have much time for those who do great stuuff and are upright.

Second, I was recently down in Boulder/Estes Park etc... I took an Avi course with the Colorado Mountain School (they did a very good job withj the class, and tow out of the three instructors were good, one being exceptional. The third, while very competent in the info and skills was an egotist and not someone I would turn to in a real emeregency...) and I was in Boulder for part of the course. Holy Shit is Boulder a nasty, uptight, crackertown, yuppie-haven. Talk about broom sticks up the collective rectum of a community!

I did meet some pretty cool folks though who lived in Boulder (well, three anyway...) and I asked them about Neptune. I had read this thread prior to leaving for my short holiday/getaway to Colorado, so I did have a biased view of Neptune before even asking. Two fo the three said they loved Neptune and had never had a bad experience. I did listen to them and was going to try and go to Neptune just to see for myself (and fwiw, I am a 17+ year backcountry professional and guide) if the 'tude was there.

I never made it, and I am fine with that, because , honestly, after seeing the shop employees behavior here in this thread and also hearing quite a bit of negative feedback online (here) I have no desire to support any shop that does this or acts as enabler to this behavior.

The OP was probably a smary out of line jackass (sorry, but they way he wrote it and his 'tude suggests he is probably a arrogant butthole) but for the shop guys to come here and try to debate this crap instead of issuing some serious mea culpas seems idiotic.

Neptune, you are loosing out.

There is a shopw in Anchorage that has a bad rep too, and I wouldn't go in there for a few years, but they listened to the outside world (ie - CUSTOMERS) and really changed their ways, and now I will intentionally go to them to spend my hard earned money.

That is what Neptune should be doing.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post
    Holy Shit is Boulder a nasty, uptight, crackertown, yuppie-haven. Talk about broom sticks up the collective rectum of a community!

Out of curiosity I would like to know exactly what gave you this feeling? And why did you come all the way from AK for an avi course?

I came down to CO to help a freidn with her ranch. She keeps a bunch of horses and cashmere goats and divorced a few months ago and is trying to manage it solo, so I came dow to help with the sheering. The Avi course was just serendipity. I found out about it and signed up for it while down there, so it was not that I came down specifically for the course.

My friends ranch is up Deer Creek Canyon outside of Littleton, so I drove up to Boulder and Estes Park for the course.

Like I said too, I thought the Colorado Mountain School did a good job with the class and would recommend them and the class. Mark, one of the instructors, was exceptional. This was a man who was modest and soft spoken, yet was very VERY good at what he did. If you do take a course with them, try and get Mark.

As for Boulder, I do admit I have a bias against it to begin with. As a professional guide, I have taken people from all walks and demographics as well as geographic locations out into the backcountry in a myriad of ways. People always ask where the people are worst (meaning - New Yorkers, Los Angelenos...) and unilaterally I say "Boulder." Seriously, in my experience, people from Boulder have been arrogant, uptight, and "too-cool-to-be-impressed-with-anything-because-hey-we're-from-Boulder" types.

But while in Boulder (and it has been 20 years since I was last in Boulder) I had it confirmed. It is a VERY pretentious community. A lot fo "dress Mountain" without being "Mountain." It is just very contrived and arrogant. And the thing is, the majority of the "Mountain types" in Boulder, I would bet, wouldn't know what to do if their SUVs actually had to drive a dirt road.

Now I know I am guilty here of being a bit ethnocentric, but when you live in the actual wilds and go without all the things that Boulderites would shudder at being without (WHAT! No Wasabi Peas with our Fugu rolls! The horrors!) you do feel a bit of disdain for the psuedo-outdoorsy attitudes.

Also, it seemed that nobody is actually FROM Boulder! Not that that is a bad thing, as in Alaska, there are only a few that are born and raised here (hell, I am a transplant here. Been here for 18 years) but with Boulder there was just a vibe of entitlement that was unsettling.
    "If it had taken any effort I wouldn't have done it at all. I mean it. I wouldn't have done anything" - B. Kelso

I came down to CO to help a freidn with her ranch. She keeps a bunch of horses and cashmere goats and divorced a few months ago and is trying to manage it solo, so I came dow to help with the sheering.
    Yeahhhhh right.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

This is as good a place as any to tell Makers that his avatar rules really damn hard.

I came down to CO to help a freidn with her ranch. She keeps a bunch of horses and cashmere goats and divorced a few months ago and is trying to manage it solo, so I came dow to help with the sheering. The Avi course was just serendipity. I found out about it and signed up for it while down there, so it was not that I came down specifically for the course.

My friends ranch is up Deer Creek Canyon outside of Littleton, so I drove up to Boulder and Estes Park for the course.

Like I said too, I thought the Colorado Mountain School did a good job with the class and would recommend them and the class. Mark, one of the instructors, was exceptional. This was a man who was modest and soft spoken, yet was very VERY good at what he did. If you do take a course with them, try and get Mark.

As for Boulder, I do admit I have a bias against it to begin with. As a professional guide, I have taken people from all walks and demographics as well as geographic locations out into the backcountry in a myriad of ways. People always ask where the people are worst (meaning - New Yorkers, Los Angelenos...) and unilaterally I say "Boulder." Seriously, in my experience, people from Boulder have been arrogant, uptight, and "too-cool-to-be-impressed-with-anything-because-hey-we're-from-Boulder" types.

But while in Boulder (and it has been 20 years since I was last in Boulder) I had it confirmed. It is a VERY pretentious community. A lot fo "dress Mountain" without being "Mountain." It is just very contrived and arrogant. And the thing is, the majority of the "Mountain types" in Boulder, I would bet, wouldn't know what to do if their SUVs actually had to drive a dirt road.

Now I know I am guilty here of being a bit ethnocentric, but when you live in the actual wilds and go without all the things that Boulderites would shudder at being without (WHAT! No Wasabi Peas with our Fugu rolls! The horrors!) you do feel a bit of disdain for the psuedo-outdoorsy attitudes.

Also, it seemed that nobody is actually FROM Boulder! Not that that is a bad thing, as in Alaska, there are only a few that are born and raised here (hell, I am a transplant here. Been here for 18 years) but with Boulder there was just a vibe of entitlement that was unsettling.

I guess thats understandable. Lots of truth to what you are saying. I like how you actually explain yourself rather than just hate on Boulder without any actual backing like 99% of people do.

I do agree with Makers though. Dude from AK coming down to "help" a recently divorced woman in Boulder....classic.

Uhhh, reread that...she isn't in Boulder! She is in Littleton, south of Denver, up Deer Creek Canyon.

And it was kinda cool sheering the cashmere goats and learning how to weed out the guard hairs! Seriously, it was kinda cool!

I did get some skiing in too! While on the course, we had a damn good field day, doing some BC skiing in RMNP, going into the Dragontail Couloir. That was very fun. Nice country for sure, but again, DAMN, TONS of people!

And I managed to get up to Winter Park and Mary Jane. Mary Jane is the better Mountain for sure, but I was there during a big wind day and the upper bowls weren't open, and the chutes were closed as well, but I did manage to get a few good runs in on some nice terrain. Good tree skiing at Mary Jane.

And if anyone ever goes to Chrsity Sports in Littleton, look out for Ashlee! Holy Shit I am in LOVE!!! Total cool chick and hot babe!
    Last edited by Nanuq; 02-14-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Uhhh, reread that...she isn't in Boulder! She is in Littleton, south of Denver, up Deer Creek Canyon.
    Either way. If I lived in AK I would come down to America for poon too!

Quote Originally Posted by MOHSHSIHd View Post
    Either way. If I lived in AK I would come down to America for poon too!
    Funny! Naw, she is a bot older than me, and NOT my type. Just a damn good friend, and we all need those!

That said, reread my edits about Christy Sports in Littleton...one of the hottest and coolest chicks I ever met works there...damn I am in LOVE!