Page 1147 of 1147 FirstFirst ... 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147
Results 28,651 to 28,663 of 28663
  1. #28651
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,230

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Another powder day for Breck/ABasin. Love this moisture. Gotta think ABasin will make it to June 21st?

  2. #28652
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,063
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Another powder day for Breck/ABasin. Love this moisture. Gotta think ABasin will make it to June 21st?
    They could snow-wise, but probably can't employee-wise. But who knows?

  3. #28653
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,214
    They could likely make it to July 4th if they want to this year. My need to get Al to bump chairs though.

  4. #28654
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    They could likely make it to July 4th if they want to this year. My need to get Al to bump chairs though.
    Seems like there should be plenty of folks up there that can't do their summer jobs yet available to bump chairs...

  5. #28655
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    They could snow-wise, but probably can't employee-wise. But who knows?
    We’ll see. I’ll be skinning if not.

  6. #28656
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,063
    They were pretty short staffed today even. The place is skiing like mid winter right now though. So fun. Wish the gullies were open though.

  7. #28657
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,904
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Wish the gullies were open though.
    Saw a big old pile of avy debris at the bottom of one of the gullies last weekend, along with a pretty tall crown below the steeper sections. Looked like it slid down to the dirt.

  8. #28658
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,063
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Saw a big old pile of avy debris at the bottom of one of the gullies last weekend, along with a pretty tall crown below the steeper sections. Looked like it slid down to the dirt.
    Yeah, #2 slid a while back, apparently caused by a large rock letting loose on a warm afternoon after the ski area was closed. Still, the others would be skiing really nice right meow.

  9. #28659
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    213
    10in of nice pow up by LL pass. Settling and getting heavy quickly even with filtered sunlight. Hopefully a few more inches tonite!!


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #28660
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    10,994
    Purgatory's re-opening this weekend. Yeah, it's The Purg, but way better than Wolf Creek.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    ˇÓrale, vato!

  11. #28661
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,071
    ^WC has to be getting close to 600" year to date.

  12. #28662
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,230
    Unreal conditions at ABasin. Lots of untracked somewhat heavy winter powder in the right spots. People getting after it on the East Wall. What a season.

  13. #28663
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,063
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Unreal conditions at ABasin. Lots of untracked somewhat heavy winter powder in the right spots. People getting after it on the East Wall. What a season.
    Yep, good two days. Wish I could have stayed later and hiked the wall, but work.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •