Page 1460 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 ... LastLast
Results 36,476 to 36,500 of 41143
    Yesterday was decent at Loveland, better snow than I expected. They reported 3 but it was boot deep up top. Unfortunately it was the busiest day I skied so far this year, but first world problems I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Yesterday was decent at Loveland, better snow than I expected. They reported 3 but it was boot deep up top. Unfortunately it was the busiest day I skied so far this year, but first world problems I guess.
    Sold out of rentals there the next several days. Spring break even impacts Luv. Luckily you can usually ski around the hordes.

I went to the brewery for the first time in almost 2 months today, a Tuesday.

There was parking on the frontage road in both directions. There was a chick paint a trucker hat seminar or some shit, and that was only 20 people.

One and done until some magical semblance of crud mud season comes to an improbable fruition.

I even doubt that at this point. I am really at the tipping point.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I went to the brewery for the first time in almost 2 months today, a Tuesday.

There was parking on the frontage road in both directions. There was a chick paint a trucker hat seminar or some shit, and that was only 20 people.

One and done until some magical semblance of crud mud season comes to an improbable fruition.

I even doubt that at this point. I am really at the tipping point.
    You didn’t want to paint a trucker hat? Or drink some Rose’?

1 - no;
    2 - all day baby.

Got the last spot in the lower lot at the basin yesterday at 9am. Molly hogan was the longest lift line I saw all day with pali still being empty, spring break!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Got the last spot in the lower lot at the basin yesterday at 9am. Molly hogan was the longest lift line I saw all day with pali still being empty, spring break!!!!
    The Spring Breakers were up for taking on the steeps and chutes of Molly Hogan Bowl?

was entertaining to watch as we grilled up some brats for lunch. without a nice sunny day or fresh snow my motivation becomes quite low this time of year. I am sure I will get bored of sitting around doing nothing on my day off and go up there eventually.

Anyone hear what’s going on in Loveland Pass? Closed, alpine rescue trucks wizzed by on I70, two helis in the area (I’m at Loveland). Avalanche?

Monday/Tuesday were shockingly busy, seems there are more spring breakers than ever. Got suckered in to M-Side on Monday, took one look at line and made b-line out the road. Skating better than waiting.

Hot pow yesterday on Rabbit Ears with the pup, nice day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WaltonPk031522.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	635.1 KB 
ID:	409681

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Monday/Tuesday were shockingly busy, seems there are more spring breakers than ever. Got suckered in to M-Side on Monday, took one look at line and made b-line out the road. Skating better than waiting.

Hot pow yesterday on Rabbit Ears with the pup, nice day.

Name:	WaltonPk031522.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	635.1 KB 
ID:	409681
    get those Tectons I sold ya on there? haha

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Anyone hear what’s going on in Loveland Pass? Closed, alpine rescue trucks wizzed by on I70, two helis in the area (I’m at Loveland). Avalanche?
    Yes, sounds like it happened early and they were looking to see if anyone was in it

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    get those Tectons I sold ya on there? haha
    Yeah, finally. I noticed both the worm drives were stripped, oddly enough, so ordered new ones from BD before I could do the install. Thankfully I know ppl. Hope you found another pair.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yes. Idiots cornice area.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Yes. Idiots cornice area.
    Slide with tracks. Helicopter swept with external beacon nada. CC is slow rolling one ground team in to triple check.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yeah, finally. I noticed both the worm drives were stripped, oddly enough, so ordered new ones from BD before I could do the install. Thankfully I know ppl. Hope you found another pair.
    oh no! Had no idea, they came on and off my skis fine. Glad it worked out though. I ended up just buying a Tracer Tour instead since we carry em in the shop, managed to get my money back on Venmo though haha

Question for the experts: on Sunday I'm driving from powderhorn to Winter Park. Most direct way (according to me and Google) is Trough Road. It's been many years since I've driven it, and never in winter. Is that a reasonable choice for a decent vehicle? Or would I be better off choosing another route?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Question for the experts: on Sunday I'm driving from powderhorn to Winter Park. Most direct way (according to me and Google) is Trough Road. It's been many years since I've driven it, and never in winter. Is that a reasonable choice for a decent vehicle? Or would I be better off choosing another route?
    Please go that route and post a trip report.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Trough Rd. is in great shape. Couple sections of washboard, but nothing to worry about. With fresh snow it can get quite greasy though.

It adds 6 minutes to go the standard route. It's standard for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Trough Rd. is in great shape. Couple sections of washboard, but nothing to worry about. With fresh snow it can get quite greasy though.
    This sounds like good beta.. I was going off a buddy who drove it after a storm a few weeks ago. Greasy is exactly the word he used.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    It adds 6 minutes to go the standard route. It's standard for a reason.
    Where's the fun in that?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Slide with tracks. Helicopter swept with external beacon nada. CC is slow rolling one ground team in to triple check.
    Clear Creek didn’t find anything. I drove over LL yesterday. Lots of tracks on stuff just waiting for the right trigger IMO. This storm will just attract more yahoos.

Name:	IMG_9977.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	637.1 KB 
ID:	409745
    I show this area on an old avy map as Loveland Ridge. I’ve always heard it referred to as Idiot’s Cornice.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by bendtheski; 03-17-2022 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Snowed hard at Loveland for a couple of hours before closing. Very wet snow.

Spring Break yahoos out everywhere. On the mountain and on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Clear Creek didn’t find anything.
    If someone triggered it, it's pretty lame that they didn't call it in and made the highway close and people go looking...