Page 1439 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 ... LastLast
Results 35,951 to 35,975 of 41276
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Went xc skiing at CU South today. Man I wish Boulder had more consistent snow in the winter.
    Jealous. I'm swamped with work but my goal is to get out there at least once a winter. Probably trying for this afternoon for a quick lap or two.

Vibes on the leg/knee. Heal up soon. Eric Pollard almost lost his leg to compartment syndrome a while back so you're in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by cspringsposer View Post
    That's weird on the pics. Just had emergency surgery. Fucked myself up far worse than oinitially thought. Pretty much tore everything and broke tib/fib and patella. Also ended up with something called compartment syndrome - calf was swelled like a watermelon and hard as a rock. No idea WTF compartment syndrome is but was literally told that I could lose the leg if they didn't do surgery immediately. Guess I will be hanging out in the gimp forum for a while. My season is officially over.
    I developed compartment syndrome when I did a tib/fib distal spiral fx to my left leg a decade ago. I was already in the trauma unit and luckily they caught it in time. I barely remember much after that thanks to dilaudid. Be patient with recovery. You'll get through this. But you did pull a number on yo self, sending healing vibes.

Went xc skiing at CU South today. Man I wish Boulder had more consistent snow in the winter.
    Agree. Wouldn’t mind if all the foothills and the cities against them had consistent snowpack for a few months. Some of the touring options in the various canyons would be really good as well as some XCing.

Opensnow’s 2 weeks out cut and paste forecast:
    “Thursday was a very cold day, but temperatures on Friday and Saturday will be warmer and skies will be mostly sunny. Our next chances for snow will be on Saturday night and during the middle of next week, but it appears unlikely that these storms will produce much snow. We might need to wait another 10-15 days for another chance at significant snowfall.”

I need to drive a Uhaul truck across the state over President's Day weekend so it'd probably going to be nuclear fucking winter. Especially at Wolf Creek. Schedule your trip now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I need to drive a Uhaul truck across the state over President's Day weekend so it'd probably going to be nuclear fucking winter. Especially at Wolf Creek. Schedule your trip now.
    If that doesn't help us, nothing will.

Sweet humblebrag

Translation: Enjoy I-70 suckers, I get to move to the San Juans.

Stoked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Agree. Wouldn’t mind if all the foothills and the cities against them had consistent snowpack for a few months. Some of the touring options in the various canyons would be really good as well as some XCing.
    x3, chapman drive has been pretty fun kick and glide the last 2 days. lotsa skimo types out...

Unless you are pulling a trailer, I predict sunny 50's all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Sweet humblebrag

Translation: Enjoy I-70 suckers, I get to move to the San Juans.

Stoked for you.
    Technically right now I'm just moving all my stuff including the wife and dogs, then I'm going to live in a camper in my old driveway and remodel a house for however long that takes. But eventually I get to move to the San Juans, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Unless you are pulling a trailer, I predict sunny 50's all the way.
    Oh yes, I'll be towing a car behind the box truck. Blizzard guaranteed.

<snip> then I'm going to live in a camper in my old driveway and remodel a house for however long that takes

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

So you're saying that you are gonna just drop off your wife in a mountain town and then just leave?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    So you're saying that you are gonna just drop off your wife in a mountain town and then just leave?

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Jealous. I'm swamped with work but my goal is to get out there at least once a winter. Probably trying for this afternoon for a quick lap or two.
    I was just out there again, warming up but still totally skiable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    x3, chapman drive has been pretty fun kick and glide the last 2 days. lotsa skimo types out...
    I have never been up Chapman; now that the bike path has been extended I keep meaning to take a spin there instead of NCAR. Never even thought about it on skis. CU South is cool and pretty, but a little vertical would be good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have never been up Chapman; now that the bike path has been extended I keep meaning to take a spin there instead of NCAR. Never even thought about it on skis. CU South is cool and pretty, but a little vertical would be good.
    from the TH to the flag gate its 1k' over 2.5 miles, so nothing worth really skiing, but beats i70 traffic. oh and don't tell anyone or it'll turn into abasin.

Oh man, good stuff above.

adrenelated, I think you need to commit to the Red Mountain route. Uhaul+trailer+the gnarliest pass = the biggest storm.

adrenelated, I think you need to commit to the Red Mountain route. Uhaul+trailer+the gnarliest pass = the biggest storm.
    I can only imagine that there will be multiple trips going forward. Spread the love across all routes.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

x2. I'll even offer up a room if you get stuck on this side of the pass. I mean, I'll probably be skiing pow, but you can park your uhaul and ski with me.

Wolf Creek will be fine as long as you are driving through. Don't expect to find a parking space. Wall to wall toy haulers. This weekend could be nuts. Hopefully they leave.
    off your knees Louie

Could we not waste the blizzard on the holiday weekend at least?

Quote Originally Posted by ddgdl View Post
    Could we not waste the blizzard on the holiday weekend at least?
    Or maybe he could drive through Steamboat that holiday weekend? I hear it's a blackout...

OK, but only because going Weston to Hancock to Tomichi to Engineer isn't open in the winter.