Page 922 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 ... LastLast
Results 23,026 to 23,050 of 41291
    It's super rocky.

There were some good sections up near the top of Caribou yesterday too, but down around Mud Lake (8000 feet) the aspens still have a way to go.

I bet GGCSP is getting close to peak this week too...

Someone on mtbr posted: "One of my favorite fall rides.. set up a shuttle.. park at camp dick, drive up to the parking lot before the entrance to Brainard lake. Climb up to SSV and hit that top to bottom (climb road or Little Raven if you have the time).. after SSV, climb up jeep road past lake and take single track down to Buchanan pass road, climb that until you can hit the Buchanan pass singletrack and take that back to camp dick... great ride, plenty of climbing and lots of descending."

So maybe the colors are great. But that ride will be beastly, I'm not man enough for it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't get it... I personally think that area sucks for riding. Of all the guys I regularly ride with around Boulder (and there are some really, really good riders), no one likes that stuff.

I know a few guys that ride there every 4-5 years, almost just to remind themselves how not-fun it is. I guess it's fun if you want to show people that you really like overly chunky, non-flowy trails that no one else likes. Those guys up at Redstone love it, so maybe I'm just missing something.

I don't get it, the SSV is the shit, once you get the flow.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

It's been 12 years ish... but I kinda liked it then, but remember it being chunky as heck. I wasn't cleaning as much stuff back then and was probably just OK with hike a bike.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I bet GGCSP is getting close to peak this week too...
    Some friends were there yesterday, appears more green than yellow based on their pictures.

I don't mind hike a bike as much as some people, if there's a point to it. I don't like chunk for the sake of chunk, I'm just not good enough technically or fitness wise.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Was lots of nice yellow peaking up near 10000 feet kinda close to Kenosha.

way too much thought is being put into this, just go ride a bike, if you see an aspen take a picture and post it, aspens are over rated

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I don't know man, I love flying through an aspen grove on flowy singletrack.

Vail has some great stands:

Aspens are overrated? Interesting.

There's not much better than hauling ass through a giant aspen forest, regardless of the season. I think they're kind of magical and mesmerizing.

There's a fire burning on Tenderfoot Mountain to the east of Dillon. I took this photo at about 5 o'clock from the Dam Road when it was really starting to blow up...

Crews hit it hard with water and retardant drops and it's looking far better, but still burning. Currently 21 acres and I heard it could have been an exploding electrical transformer that caused it. Hoping the winds stay favorable.
    Old's Cool.

Oh shit, there is so much beetle kill up there. Hopefully the moisture from last week keeps it from spreading quickly.

Follow the yellow brick road!

Here's a few more pics from just before sunset. Pretty amazing. They seemed to be making some progress but had to stop at dark I think. Wind died down as it got dark too thankfully.

Wind gusts to 50+mph out of the WSW today. Hopefully crews can stomp the fire out some more this morning before the wind kicks up.....that direction will just blow it higher up the mountain into more fuel.
    Old's Cool.

Smoke is much less than yesterday. Red flag warning...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Wife said it was smaller this morning when she drove by. Planes already flying over my house. Hopefully douse it all out by this afternoon before those winds pick up. Already a little gusty this morning. Lots of beetle kill up there but not really dry, it's been raining a bit lately and cooler so hopefully that helps. At least the winds were blowing away from Corinthian hills. I know that firefighters cut some breaks in up there a few years ago so hopefully that helps a lot. Power was turned off in Dillon, hopefully to avoid the high tension power lines starting more fires if they were damaged.

We have some of our best trails through some of the best aspen groves... TB, Sunnyside, Gov't, etc... I make it a point to ride at least one each year. A few years ago I did SS... and literally flew over the bars as I was gaping at being in the foliage with a low light angle.. it was crazy.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    We have some of our best trails through some of the best aspen groves... TB, Sunnyside, Gov't, etc... I make it a point to ride at least one each year. A few years ago I did SS... and literally flew over the bars as I was gaping at being in the foliage with a low light angle.. it was crazy.
    Yep. There are aspens and then there are ASPENS in Aspen.

The Aspens in Steamboat are just on the verge. Riding there the last few days was awesome but in the next few days it's gonna be unreal.

Silly aspen shit get it before it's gone gapers

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

How's Vail looking? Peak next week?

Any recommendations on ski passes? I can't decide.

I figure with the front range having added so many people that any Vail resort will be packed. Most years I have gotten the Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus but in some ways I am looking for a change of scenery and terrain.

What would you choose between:
    Loveland
    Epic (Local, Summit County Value, or just Keystone and Abasin)
    RMSP
    ?????

What passes are you guys skiing this year?

Eldora
    ROLL TIDE ROLL