Page 1556 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 ... LastLast
Results 38,876 to 38,900 of 41290
    Had some of the better conditions this season on Peak 6 yesterday, the perfect amount of snow to be soft but super fast.

Granted, It seems so mellow after skiing bridger all last week... haha

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    <snip>
    Granted, It seems so mellow after skiing bridger all last week... haha
    That hill is fkn SPICY, innit?

Meanwhile it keeps snowing in CB.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Meanwhile it keeps snowing in CB.
    Dayum - 100 inch base? That's pretty damned good for CB. Bet it's skiing really well...

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm no architect or builder but seems there's two ways to look at it. The snow is coming off the roof eventually one way or another so either you build it low angle and strong enough to hold the entire season's snowfall (even in a historic year) or you build it steep enough that it sheds naturally any time it snows ( ideally to a location where it doesn't matter and won't cause risk to life or property).

In other news, Telluride skied just fucking fantastic both days this weekend. Real shame they're closing already and that when rich tourists go skiing rarely coincides with good skiing.
    This, or do a competent roof plan that sheds roof snow onto areas where people will not be all winter, or provide solid canopies below there there will be. Obvious but amazing how little thought is given to it.

Saw these new homes in Winter Park. In a big year, I could imagine snow piling up big time between each unit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6431.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	453394

I wonder if flat roofs holding snow provides any kind of insulation for the home? I worked for a guy in Edwards with a multi million dollar fancy ass house with a flat roof and he said that he's had to have the roof worked on because of leaks every spring since he bought it.

Our house is a pretty good example of a good roof design. Peak runs N/S and the sides shed to the yard where no one goes. Large overhang over the deck and the entryway. Not a big house, but it is well designed in a lot of ways. Entire roof gets sun at some point. I've had to shovel it once in 11 winters living there.
    It is amazing how few homes have this kind of well thought out design in the high country. It is almost like the architects are from out of town or something . I've seen sunrooms on the north side of a house.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    This, or do a competent roof plan that sheds roof snow onto areas where people will not be all winter, or provide solid canopies below there there will be. Obvious but amazing how little thought is given to it.
    It's not like the folks in the Alps/Scandanavia didn't sort this out HUNDREDS of years ago already. The main problem is morans that want the outside of their house to looks some dumb way that doesn't take their environment into consideration.

Lightest blower I think I've skied all season today at Powderhorn. Such a tragedy that almost everywhere around here is closing Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Lightest blower I think I've skied all season today at Powderhorn. Such a tragedy that almost everywhere around here is closing Sunday.
    Silverton should be an epic shitshow next week.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Silverton should be an epic shitshow next week.
    For sure. I'll either be in Moab or touring, depending if Ullr is done for the year or not.

For sure. I'll either be in Moab or touring, depending if Ullr is done for the year or not.
    Tomer doesn't think Ullr is done with us yet.

https://christomer.com/blog/

Such a tragedy that almost everywhere around here is closing Sunday.
    One of the best recent developments for skiing on the front range is how the resorts routinely extend their seasons and how some, like Winter Park, plan to stay open as late as they can. Considering how many ways skiing on the Front Range has gone downhill in recent years, this is a big bright spot.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    One of the best recent developments for skiing on the front range is how the resorts routinely extend their seasons and how some, like Winter Park, plan to stay open as late as they can. Considering how many ways skiing on the Front Range has gone downhill in recent years, this is a big bright spot.
    Amazing what happens when ski areas are run by people that like skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Tomer doesn't think Ullr is done with us yet.

https://christomer.com/blog/
    I'm good with that, it's the wife that wants to go *ducks from objects being thrown* mountain biking.

I'm good with that, it's the wife that wants to go *ducks from objects being thrown* mountain biking.
    That's what the desert is for, FFS.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Hasn't been like this since 07-08. Kind of depressing for an old fart like me. If it's another 15 years before it gets like this again, I'll be in my 60s. Today was an amazing sleeper day. Hope it mellows out for an amazing spring.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Hasn't been like this since 07-08. Kind of depressing for an old fart like me. If it's another 15 years before it gets like this again, I'll be in my 60s. Today was an amazing sleeper day. Hope it mellows out for an amazing spring.
    08-09 was almost as good as 07-08 on this side. I think we got 400” or so in 08-09.

Hopefully you only have to wait 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    #frontstranger
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Powderhorn season extended another week. Here's to the independent resorts!

Purgatory:

"We will be switching to weekend only operations after April 9th. Closing day is April 23rd"
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

The skiing has just begun, barely. Suck it vanlifers in UT.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	550EFF74-9212-4297-8222-87E1B38D6F19.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	453473
    Still finding this at 4pm was a joy. But damn is it cold.
    Might hit Sunlight for the first time tomorrow for funsies while car getting serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The skiing has just begun, barely. Suck it vanlifers in UT.
    I'll be sure to swing by on my way out of town and idle outside your house hope you like the smell of diesel in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    08-09 was almost as good as 07-08 on this side. I think we got 400” or so in 08-09.

Hopefully you only have to wait 1 year.
    Yeah, for sure. There have been some other good years to be sure, but 07/08 and my first year 96/97 really stand out, along with this one.

The craziest thing this year is how cold it has stayed this spring. Even in a good year you start noticing the sunny aspects getting crunchy or even starting to melt out. Not this year

#notafrontranger but stoked on the the ski area staying open. Its spring break in Grand County and #teamflipflops with be #overit I'll get more skiing in between now and when its over than I have so far. Ski area gets quiet. The vibe improves. Stability in the BC will trend lower. Afterwork tourning. And so on.

As mentioned, mid winter weekends have turned into a shit show that I generally avoid. That's OK, I've got other ways to get my fix like powsurfing and snowmobiling.

#IhearMoabisgreatthistimeofyear Luckily the desert is a big place. I can't even begin to imaging the #vapidpuffycoatmom scene at places like the Fruita City Market or the Slick Rock Trail Head. The conversation in the line up for the shitter will be #alltime