Page 1242 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 ... LastLast
Results 31,026 to 31,050 of 41256
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I do not think Wolf Creek is trying to gouge people. .... But having the largest employer in the area closed might suck more for the area.
    I agree entirely, the mountain has looked at their options and in light of the current situation. There will always be locals appreciation days (already on the calendar) for those who do not want to go all in on a season pass.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Stopped in Dillon and Silverthorne today. So many interesting buildings going in. A small hospital. A new hotel. Some apartments. But the coolest: a new modern looking market hall built around and over the Old Dillon Inn. That’s going to be a cool spot after COVID.

Between that, the new Dillon amphitheater and the Performing Arts building in Silverthorne, there’s some cool new architecture there.

Oh, weather wise: smoke was coming in at 3...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    How much was a season pass at Wolf Creek last season?
    The price has almost doubled to have an unrestricted pass. IIRC, pre-season full pass price was $800ish last season. Weekday only but now with some restrictions went up 30%.

Proposed COVID reduced capacity is 74%. Max at WC is 6800 skiers, so this season it drops to 5000. Over 4000 skiers on that mountain is really busy, 5000 is all the parking lots full including the snow shed overflow and all the shuttles running constant laps.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Proposed COVID reduced capacity is 74%. Max at WC is 6800 skiers, so this season it drops to 5000. Over 4000 skiers on that mountain is really busy, 5000 is all the parking lots full including the snow shed overflow and all the shuttles running constant laps.
    Which is why I really don't get 75% being the reasonable COVID capacity. Where those people gonna put boots on? Use the rest room?

WOuldn't be surprised if we end up at 50% capacity or less for resorts in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Stopped in Dillon and Silverthorne today. So many interesting buildings going in. A small hospital. A new hotel. Some apartments. But the coolest: a new modern looking market hall built around and over the Old Dillon Inn. That’s going to be a cool spot after COVID.

Between that, the new Dillon amphitheater and the Performing Arts building in Silverthorne, there’s some cool new architecture there.

they need all this shit to make it a highlands ranch typa suburb of denver whole food and target for the milfs rei for the posers and health care for all us fuck ups
    and that market hall is ugly as sin, silverthone is so desperate for development they allow stupid shit to happen they think the highway is going to be their main street just wait for the speed bumps and 25mph speed limit to show up in a year or twho if they have there way

and don't worry the ski areas are going to fudge the numbers play games and get people skiing take a massive loss and hope to sell 20 dollar burgers and 12 dollar beers next year

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post

Glad you enjoyed our little town, thanks for stopping in. The ODI will never be the same but I'm glad they are doing what they are doing to keep it around. Pretty fucking funny to put a dive bar in a bubble to preserve it. Can't wait to sit at that bar again, lots of memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Glad you enjoyed our little town, thanks for stopping in. The ODI will never be the same but I'm glad they are doing what they are doing to keep it around. Pretty fucking funny to put a dive bar in a bubble to preserve it. Can't wait to sit at that bar again, lots of memories.
    I miss the ODI. Used to have a condo in Wildernest years ago and spent a lot of time there.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    The price has almost doubled to have an unrestricted pass. IIRC, pre-season full pass price was $800ish last season. Weekday only but now with some restrictions went up 30%.

74% capacity - proposed by whom? Is this coming from State Public Health or County Public Health?

Quote Originally Posted by wkd-rdr View Post
    Went for a little bike stroll and I can smell the smoke a little for the first time since storm. Smelled a little of that other smoke from time to time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    74% capacity - proposed by whom? Is this coming from State Public Health or County Public Health?
    https://snowbrains.com/wolf-creek-74-percent-capacity/

"Last week Pitcher submitted his operating plan to the local public health department. He is willing to cap skiers and riders on the hill at 5,000 a day. The capacity of the mountain is 6,800. The cap would see the resort running at just under 74% capacity.

And guests are ok with this, the majority of them would be happy with a reservation system. But here’s the genius in Pitcher’s plan, he’s adjusting the pricing on passes, which go on sale towards the end of September, to help manage crowds at the resort."

Wolf Creek will be able to do pretty much whatever they want/propose I suspect.

The resorts off of I-70 have been in "secret negotiations" with State/County Public Health officials on the capacity. We'll see what they come up with. 74% might be a bit high, but it's interesting to know that Wolf Creek proposed that number.

If I lived in Pagosa, I could see skiing it a lot due to convenience. It seems I would get kinda bored with it skiing it a lot, Seems a pretty steep price for those that would ski it enough to get a value out of it. You know, the locals. That many people travel to ski it on the reg?

Tentative plan is to head to WC a year to the day I broke my back, finish the run I was carted down, and call it a season. Is there a pass for that? Hopefully I get a chance to thank the patrollers that helped out, that's the real reason I want to go. Heck by early March, who knows if places will still be open if things get locked back down this winter. Hope all you able bodied folk can get a semblance of a season in.

Edit for smoke: sorry to see it's back in, but seems like encouraging progress on Cameron Peak while it cooled down for the crews. Hopefully that thing doesn't explode back up again.

contact the ski patrol office and let them know your plan - I bet they’d help you out for a day - I know we would where I work
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    contact the ski patrol office and let them know your plan - I bet they’d help you out for a day - I know we would where I work
    This. In the couple interactions I've had with them, WC patrol seems like a good crew. I bet they'd get you on the lift and ski the lap with you.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    This. In the couple interactions I've had with them, WC patrol seems like a good crew. I bet they'd get you on the lift and ski the lap with you.
    Can verify, WC ski patrol is the chillest patrol I've ever met and they will 100% ski the lap with you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Can verify, WC ski patrol is the chillest patrol I've ever met and they will 100% ski the lap with you.
    Good stuff I'll try to get in touch closer to the date assuming things stay on track. I won't be completely healed by then but hoping to mark the year and go from there. Those guys are a big part why I'm even thinking of getting back on snow at this point so would be a fun way to show gratitude.

Bluebird announced their pass and terrain. Bear Mtn, north of last year’s location.

https://bluebirdbackcountry.com/prod...s+Announcement

^^ You called it, nice.

Claim is that this location gets 50% more snow than the previous one. Which is good, because the previous location didn't seem very snowy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

9845'? That's about the elevation of the trailheads I park at most. Is there actually consistent snow around there?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    9845'? That's about the elevation of the trailheads I park at most. Is there actually consistent snow around there?
    It is right next to Rabbit Ears, which gets a shitload of snow, but I'm not sure if it gets the same weather or gets blocked. It does snow a decent amount there.

Hope it works out for them. I like the concept, and might try to check it out someday, but it doesn't really fall into my kind of skiing. But I think it is awesome for some folks and I wish these guys well.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app
    There's a nice peak just west of this that I've scoped out as a nice mid-winter area on drives to/from steamboat. Always has solid midwinter coverage. I think this place should get a decent amount of snow.

Looks like this location has way more north facing terrain. I love the concept and probably will do a day there this season. It’s also cool they’re allowing camping in their lot.

Looks like they'll have camping, which seems like a cool idea. Hope it works for them. As I've told them in some of my feedback, what would get me interested in something like this is if they could offer avalanche mitigation on steep slopes, since those are often too risky to ski in the backcountry midwinter. I'd pay for that, though not for meadow-skipping.