Page 1543 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 ... LastLast
Results 38,551 to 38,575 of 41142
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    That the dude that wears a top hat and sash? Remember him when I used to ski there a lot in high school.
    I haven't seen that but you never no. Cookie duster 'stache and a sticker on his helmet that says "The Mayor". I'm all about "you do you" but he fits to the category of "60+ year olds reliving the worse parts of Jr. High". He rolls with a cliquey crew of hangers on with their own lingo that act like they own the place.

Despite my way more that 1K days in may life at The Wanker, I come from the low pro swift and silent school. I kinda let it all go down around me versus being part of it. Its better for my brain that way. And I almost never find myself at The Jane during the busy times as those folks tend to be the miserable cool people.

Anywho...back to the stoke.

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...99.00&zoom=4.0

Look at those colors! Find your own way to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Is this the same dork that proclaims himself the Mayor on Mary Jane. 'Cause that guy and his crew that think they are cool and want to tell mountain opps and patrol how to do it is a loser.

My buddy on patrol had to tell me, "We are not friends and you don't get to come in PHQ and hangout whether you brought us a case of Hersey's Bars or not. Quit trying to give us weed and just be a regular guest of the ski area".
    Nope he lets his skis do the talkin

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Is this the same dork that proclaims himself the Mayor on Mary Jane. 'Cause that guy and his crew that think they are cool and want to tell mountain opps and patrol how to do it is a loser.
    Yeah not the same guy. The Mayor we're talking about had his name bestowed by others and is one of the nicest, most down to earth dudes you'll ever meet.
    Also he's in his 70s now and still fkn rips.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yeah not the same guy. The Mayor we're talking about had his name bestowed by others and is one of the nicest, most down to earth dudes you'll ever meet.
    Got a lap with him down Elation 9 in Mirkwood this morning... not the greatest picture more like a lucky snapshot. 'Twas pretty deep back there today. Snowing again lightly and staying cold at Monarch, I think I'll be getting decent leftovers for another day or two if I'm willing to hike a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5548.jpg.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	698.7 KB 
ID:	443542
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

That's good to know! Sounds like my hero is that he's got some of my life goals dials in. My wife always asks me now long I think I'll be able to ski. Forever 'till I'm dead is the answer.

When I'm at the ski area this people I admire are the old timers with the big smiles and the kids just giving it the fuckin' onion! I'll be sure to let the Mary Jane Mayor no his nothing but a narcasstic imposter.

My body can't take much more abuse but when is the next wave of atmospheric river coming? I mean this has been nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    My body can't take much more abuse but when is the next wave of atmospheric river coming? I mean this has been nuts.
    It's your lucky day - it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The showers favor the Park Range, Elkheads, and Flat Tops, with 6 to 8 inches of total accumulation by Wednesday evening
    Its written in code. Let me interpret. Drink lots of water, stay current on your Yoga with Adrienne videos, set realistic expectations with the boss many, hord Lucas full synth and non-ethanol. Breath deep. This was just the pre-season. Take a quick hitter to the beach if you feel like you need it. Your team needs you at the top of your game for about three more months.

Three more? No wonder I'm a broken person when I start mountain biking in June.

That's good to know! Sounds like my hero is that he's got some of my life goals dials in. My wife always asks me now long I think I'll be able to ski. Forever 'till I'm dead is the answer.

When I'm at the ski area this people I admire are the old timers with the big smiles and the kids just giving it the fuckin' onion! I'll be sure to let the Mary Jane Mayor no his nothing but a narcasstic imposter.
    When is this guy out skiing? I am at WP Sat & Sun but never see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    When is this guy out skiing? I am at WP Sat & Sun but never see him.
    Think about it. You've probably never seen me out there either.
    This morning was nice. Chalky and empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Pretty sure if I saw you skiing in your drawers I would not come back

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    But Thursdays, OTOH...

It was pretty good yesterday afternoon, everyone seemed to stop skiing at 2. But somehow the road stayed shitty until 8pm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Knee-to thigh blower. God damn.

Any of you Winter Park folks have any idea when the Bench Lot (the free "walk to" lot on the WP side) fills up on weekends?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Ha...that's basically the employee lot plus Comp Center. I'd say 7:30 @ the absolute latest. What are you trying to accomplish? Because there are options.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Ski race tomorrow. I'm trying to accomplish parking for free on the Winter Park side and walking to the base.

I will probably get there at 7 am. Thanks!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

The visibility has just been godawful lately.

Attachment 442943

Also, since we're talking about Hesperus, that place is my new favorite ski area. I enjoy sucking dick over at Telluride as much as the next guy, but there's something special about the no-fucks-given approach to skiing that Hesperus offers. Is this run adequately lit for night skiing? Absolutely not, open it anyway! Will our lift break? Probably! Will our only two patrollers be on it when it breaks? Also probably! Is all of our staff blazed out of their minds? You fuckin' know it!
    It’s been eons since I skied Hesperus….and night skiing. Great vibe, snow, views and tailgating.

Name:	Image1674879238.763043.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	444876

Name:	IMG_1335.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	357.4 KB 
ID:	444877

Name:	IMG_1336.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	444878

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Any of you Winter Park folks have any idea when the Bench Lot (the free "walk to" lot on the WP side) fills up on weekends?
    Last Saturday the last people were squeaking in at 7:30. The walk from the next lot down is not too bad if you don’t want to wait for the bus.

Thanks, my kid's got to be outside Mountain House at 730 geared up, and kids move like molasses, so we'll be there at 7 at the latest, probably even earlier.

I mean we all knew it several years ago after Ikon, but just to be sure... This screenshot is from 10:30 am. #motorboat

Name:	Sbt012823.jpeg 
Views:	141 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	444925

If the roof over that stage was just a little steeper...

There were lines like that before they moved the gondola. They just didn’t have a camera on it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums