Page 1574 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 ... LastLast
Results 39,326 to 39,350 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Not to bitch about new trails…. But it’s a beginner-level flow trail that’s 8’ wide and drops 750’ in 3.5 miles with a climb in the middle. Yay.
    So what? Lots of people enjoy the hell out of it, based on what I have read. Not every trail has to appeal to you for it to be cool. I have zero desire to ride Blackjack, I'll never be good enough and I like my bones to stay unbroken, but I still cheered loudly when it was built, because it clearly provided others with something to be psyched about. This may come as a shock to you, but it's not all about what you like.

If a new trail is providing a large segment of the trail riding users lots of new joy, that is worth celebrating. If it's directional and biker only, even more so (because the more the full spectrum of bikers learns to appreciate bike-only directional, the better).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So what? Lots of people enjoy the hell out of it, based on what I have read. Not every trail has to appeal to you for it to be cool. I have zero desire to ride Blackjack, I'll never be good enough and I like my bones to stay unbroken, but I still cheered loudly when it was built, because it clearly provided others with something to be psyched about. This may come as a shock to you, but it's not all about what you like.

If a new trail is providing a large segment of the trail riding users lots of new joy, that is worth celebrating. If it's directional and biker only, even more so (because the more the full spectrum of bikers learns to appreciate bike-only directional, the better).
    Pretty much this, plus it's gotta be more interesting than riding the bike path along the creek back to the trailhead.
    The sheer quantity of bike specific trailbuilding on the Frange has been outstanding. Within the last few years we've gotten what, all of Floyd Hill, all of Maryland Mountain, new segments at Dakota Ridge, bike-only directional designations on Longhorn and Enchanted/Apex, and now a directional bike only connector alleviating the most congested section of LOTB? Even if not every segment directly appeals to my tastes I've gotta give that all a sturdy hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have zero desire to ride Blackjack, I'll never be good enough and I like my bones to stay unbroken, but I still cheered loudly when it was built,
    I helped build that trail. Goddam that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    I'll still ski, but yesterday was the cherry on top of a fantastic season in the San Juans.

North Twilight solo mission, slog reputation held up, even had failing skin glue to make it more fun.

Attachment 460446

Attachment 460447
    Nice work! That is a wicked long slog but a worthy capstone on a season

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Looking like a wet, shitty closing weekend at ABasin

And about new flow trails that are “easy”: I’m just excited about all the new trails and trail work being done by COMBA and Boulder MTB Alliance and Clear Creek & JeffCO. Maybe the new trail at Lair is “easy”? Oh well. That’s why Ore Chute or Blackjack were created.

I can’t make it but there’s a mtn bike comp every Wednesday in June at Floyd Hill starting this afternoon. Might be fun to check out.

What working adult can make a Weds afternoon race at Floyd Hill? Anyone making those needs to get a real job. Not like it's in a town you can just pedal to an event. Everyone there has to drive there. Wankers

Nice work on the ski descents miserywhip and skiracer! I'm still bummed that the dust and warm temps stole much of my ski mojo this spring. I guess I'll be content with the killer winter and a bucket list peak to end the spring.

After riding a bit on the front range over the past few days, I can see why people get excited about the directional and bike only trails. It's amazing how little flow there can be when there are hikers everywhere. I had a lot more fun on Maryland mountain than I've had in a long time as far as front range trails go. Even if it was crowded, at least they were all generally going the same direction. Hit Staunton on the way home and it was chock full of moderately unfriendly boomer hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    What working adult can make a Weds afternoon race at Floyd Hill? Anyone making those needs to get a real job.
    If you can't get out of your job once a week at 4:30pm to ride your bike (prime working age groups start at 5:20-5:40), you're the one that needs to consider your employment choices.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    If you can't get out of your job once a week at 4:30pm to ride your bike (prime working age groups start at 5:20-5:40), you're the one that needs to consider your employment choices.
    obviously you do not know what a real job is.
    Nice line miserywhip. every time i see it I think I should ski it. Now that I don't have a job maybe I will.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Nice work on the ski descents miserywhip and skiracer! I'm still bummed that the dust and warm temps stole much of my ski mojo this spring. I guess I'll be content with the killer winter and a bucket list peak to end the spring.

After riding a bit on the front range over the past few days, I can see why people get excited about the directional and bike only trails. It's amazing how little flow there can be when there are hikers everywhere. I had a lot more fun on Maryland mountain than I've had in a long time as far as front range trails go. Even if it was crowded, at least they were all generally going the same direction. Hit Staunton on the way home and it was chock full of moderately unfriendly boomer hikers.
    Lol. Your ski stoke on the gram has been making me wonder why I haven't skied lately more than anyone.

Hate to say it, but I fell for bike mode hard as soon as it got nice around here. It still hasn't got too hot and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Isn’t everyone remote or not working? Seems like it

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Races at 5:20? So the Enduro bros show up at 3pm to get their DH practice on? Something tells me a bunch of general contractors are driving their Denali pickups to participate. So many tailgate pads....

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Isn’t everyone remote or not working? Seems like it
    Hey Fred....you remote working today? Meet me at the brewery so we can act like we have those TPS reports ready by the end of the month.

Hey Fred....you remote working today? Meet me at the brewery so we can act like we have those TPS reports ready by the end of the month.
    in my underware right now working at the computer gonna make it to 6 or 630 tonight to get shit done having a job sucks balls not like I'm in my twenties and can bail early for the wednesday night races I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay

I'll never ride a mtn bike on the front range sounds like something that will make you hate mountain biking in general

real life and real jobs suck

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I helped build that trail. Goddam that was a long time ago.
    You're old.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    obviously you do not know what a real job is.
    Nice line miserywhip. every time i see it I think I should ski it. Now that I don't have a job maybe I will.
    Do it! Skis were on and off, some dirtskinning, and it takes forever, but the alpine was still quite nice. Not really worth it from a vertical ft skied vs effort perspective, but a sweet summit and scratches that itch from always seeing it from 550.
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

Races at 5:20? So the Enduro bros show up at 3pm to get their DH practice on? Something tells me a bunch of general contractors are driving their Denali pickups to participate. So many tailgate pads....
    I fucking called it

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    You're old.

Snowing in breck currently, couple inches on the snowstake at the basin.

I can't figure out if I like this weather pattern. Been hero dirt on the trails that are dry every morning, but also wouldn't mind some warm n sunny days since we've only had may two so far. Also doesn't help us sending out bike rentals when tourists see the forecast.

If any of you guys are ever curious about summit trail conditions, the shop does a trail conditions page now. Updated way more frequently than the town of breck's page: https://www.slopestylebreck.com/serv...il-conditions/

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Snowing in breck currently, couple inches on the snowstake at the basin.

I can't figure out if I like this weather pattern. Been hero dirt on the trails that are dry every morning, but also wouldn't mind some warm n sunny days since we've only had may two so far. Also doesn't help us sending out bike rentals when tourists see the forecast.

If any of you guys are ever curious about summit trail conditions, the shop does a trail conditions page now. Updated way more frequently than the town of breck's page: https://www.slopestylebreck.com/serv...il-conditions/
    Nice, man! Glad someone is keeping conditions reports current.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Fun skiing at ABasin this AM

last inbounds day for me

6/2/2023

Name:  350973395_1612289839291330_648809818750087254_n.jpeg
Views: 430
Size:  84.2 KB

Dry dirt in town, but at this rate we ain't riding the Crest until August.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Yeah, CBMBA was joking that 401 will be open in 2024. Pretty wild that there were trails open last December that are not ready to go now (like lupine). Even where the snow has melted, water is bubbling out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    in my underware right now working at the computer gonna make it to 6 or 630 tonight to get shit done having a job sucks balls not like I'm in my twenties and can bail early for the wednesday night races I have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay

I'll never ride a mtn bike on the front range sounds like something that will make you hate mountain biking in general

real life and real jobs suck
    Is it called mountain biking when you have to stop every 10 seconds for a hiker? Cause this describes mountain biking on a tunnel trash trail Saturday morning.

Anyone know how conditions on Independence Pass are currently? Wife and kid are planning on heading up esrly Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL