Page 1187 of 1201 FirstFirst ... 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 ... LastLast
Results 29,651 to 29,675 of 30024
  1. #29651
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post

    -Biggest skis you have
    This. Well, widest. If you decide rent pure powder boards they may not have your size. One time mrs beece went there assuming she would rent some wideboys and as a 5'2" 110lber ended up on nearly 180cm long something or others.

    I just told her to ski fast. If ya point downhill it don't matter.

  2. #29652
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,099
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You guys should start your own thread, look into dates around 2022, and GTFO of the weather thread.
    sorry to muck up a thread that is always so on point.

    New thread here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-summit-thread
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  3. #29653
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,579
    Personally I wouldn't ski the biggest skis possible at Silverton. You'll ski some deep snow but you'll also ski some windfucked alpine nonsense and some funky hardpack runouts as a lot of runs start as big bowls and funnel down into tight avy path gullies. I'd take my Billy Goats or Wrens over my Protests, no doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  4. #29654
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,924
    Good beta -- thanks. I'll take Bibbys and Protests and start on the Bibbys.

  5. #29655
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Personally I wouldn't ski the biggest skis possible at Silverton. You'll ski some deep snow but you'll also ski some windfucked alpine nonsense and some funky hardpack runouts as a lot of runs start as big bowls and funnel down into tight avy path gullies. I'd take my Billy Goats or Wrens over my Protests, no doubt.
    I had my Caylors a few weeks back and it was the best decision ever...so there..


  6. #29656
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Aspen
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Personally I wouldn't ski the biggest skis possible at Silverton. You'll ski some deep snow but you'll also ski some windfucked alpine nonsense and some funky hardpack runouts as a lot of runs start as big bowls and funnel down into tight avy path gullies. I'd take my Billy Goats or Wrens over my Protests, no doubt.
    Agreed. Like any resort the best ski on a given day at Silverton depends on the current conditions.

  7. #29657
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    95
    And if there's weather, probably pack diapers for that stretch south of Ouray

  8. #29658
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Agreed. Like any resort the best ski on a given day at Silverton depends on the current conditions.
    And, like any resort, whatever skis you happen to have should work fine...

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  9. #29659
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    30
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020...rm-22nd-jan-2/

    ​​​​​​​The latest blog update for North America (the first of 2020, finally) from my perspective. Colorado is likely to get more snowfall in a mid February pattern change in the long term.

    In the next week or so, much of the mountains in Western Colorado are expected to get snowfall starting on Monday morning, and continuing through to Wednesday morning.


  10. #29660
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Au
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    And if there's weather, probably pack diapers for that stretch south of Ouray
    Or just wear brown pants.
    The older I get, the faster I was.






    Punch it, Chewie.

  11. #29661
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybeans1000 View Post
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2020...rm-22nd-jan-2/

    ​​​​​​​The latest blog update for North America (the first of 2020, finally) from my perspective. Colorado is likely to get more snowfall in a mid February pattern change in the long term.

    In the next week or so, much of the mountains in Western Colorado are expected to get snowfall starting on Monday morning, and continuing through to Wednesday morning.

    I'm curious; how did your Dec. and Jan. long term forecasts match up with reality?

  12. #29662
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    10,579
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Personally I wouldn't ski the biggest skis possible at Silverton. You'll ski some deep snow but you'll also ski some windfucked alpine nonsense and some funky hardpack runouts as a lot of runs start as big bowls and funnel down into tight avy path gullies. I'd take my Billy Goats or Wrens over my Protests, no doubt.
    This is sound advice depending on your quiver.

    I've also gone and swapped out skis mid day as conditions have changed, as you go right passed/through the parking lot every run.

  13. #29663
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,228
    Silverton let me powsurf some runs last year. That was a worthy swap out.

  14. #29664
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,881

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Total sleeper 12Ē day at Loveland. 16Ē in leeward spots.

    Canít believe a quiet day is possible with social media.

  15. #29665
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Total sleeper 12Ē day at Loveland. 16Ē in leeward spots.

    Canít believe a quiet day is possible with social media.
    Well, thanks to you, tomorrow will be a junkshow.


  16. #29666
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    summit county
    Posts
    292
    2Ē reported at the basin but more like 6-8 maybe more in places? (didnít get on the chair til 1:45, stupid work) beavers were awesome

  17. #29667
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Well, thanks to you, tomorrow will be a junkshow.

    Plenty left in the trees and 9 didnít run, but that will be windfucked. It was howling above treeline.

  18. #29668
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Plenty left in the trees and 9 didnít run, but that will be windfucked. It was howling above treeline.
    Windy?

    At Loveland?

    You sure you were at Loveland?


  19. #29669
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,384
    We've got a customer that is visiting copper and abasin. They have asked if we know of any discounts for Feb 9 and the week beyond. what's out there. 2fers? , safeway still have anything?, i am not trying to acquire buddy passes on their behalf or anything.....just find out what deals may be out there ...im out of the loop on this stuff....
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  20. #29670
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    We've got a customer that is visiting copper and abasin. They have asked if we know of any discounts for Feb 9 and the week beyond. what's out there. 2fers? , safeway still have anything?, i am not trying to acquire buddy passes on their behalf or anything.....just find out what deals may be out there ...im out of the loop on this stuff....
    Are they a AAA member? If so, this deal for Copper is probably as good as it will get, outside of asking an IKONer for a 25% off buddy pass the day of. https://www.colorado.aaa.com/discoun...ountain-resort

    A Basin still sells 4 pack hard tickets, so they can be found on CL from time to time, being sold by folks who bought a 4 pack in the early fall.

    That's all I got...

  21. #29671
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,435
    The 2-for-1 deals (shell gas, etc) died off once CO became ikonic

  22. #29672
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,384
    Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post
    Are they a AAA member? If so, this deal for Copper is probably as good as it will get, outside of asking an IKONer for a 25% off buddy pass the day of. https://www.colorado.aaa.com/discoun...ountain-resort

    A Basin still sells 4 pack hard tickets, so they can be found on CL from time to time, being sold by folks who bought a 4 pack in the early fall.

    That's all I got...
    thanks i will check this out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    The 2-for-1 deals (shell gas, etc) died off once CO became ikonic
    that was the one i was thinking about...figures i guess..
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  23. #29673
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by COinIA View Post
    Are they a AAA member? If so, this deal for Copper is probably as good as it will get, outside of asking an IKONer for a 25% off buddy pass the day of. https://www.colorado.aaa.com/discoun...ountain-resort

    A Basin still sells 4 pack hard tickets, so they can be found on CL from time to time, being sold by folks who bought a 4 pack in the early fall.

    That's all I got...
    Also, Ikoners can get $69 A-basin tickets at the window for friends.

    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

  24. #29674
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    4,384
    ^ thanks for this 411
    Made in Colorado Tech wear:

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT20'

  25. #29675
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Windy?

    At Loveland?

    You sure you were at Loveland?



    It was money below treeline though. Nice January blower faceshots.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •