Page 1409 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 ... LastLast
Results 35,201 to 35,225 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Ah, now it makes some sense why my SIL and her BF are so stoked on visiting us and skiing Monarch for the weekend. Hoping we do well with this storm. It'll be my first days on snow for the season (too much dry dirt to bother with skiing early season conditions) so I'll try to remember to report back.
    Just drove over and damn monarch looks dry. Lots more snow in cb right now.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Is the new Storm Peak taproom in the village open yet? Place was looking pretty sweet when I was up there this fall.
    I totally forgot they were opening up that space, will check it out later this week and report back. I think I read somewhere they were supposed to open by New Years but who knows if omicron throws a wrench in that.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Sounds like it’s tearing ass through Eagle County. All Vail’s fault.
    Yeah, ripping and roaring here

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    the rat flue is tear assing through employee housing like lice and the herp do in late march
    vail is trying to figure out what to do and how to spin it
    business as usual though don't mind the liftie hacking as you load
    This is the first time I've seen total jerry's complaining on all the mtns social media pages about lines and dangerous skiing conditions. Vail just responds by saying "welp, get there early!".
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 12-23-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Yup, experience of a lifetime for the guests and they don't even offer her holiday pay for working on xmas day.
    Corporate Retail eats your soul. If you can manage a Patagonia Store well you are qualified for an number of jobs. Your wife must know this. Don't you work in a ski shop as well? Now would be a great time to bounce and get into a different sector.

I could get up and day trip tomorrow but boy thats gonna be hard to do on what has to be one of the 10 busiest days of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Just drove over and damn monarch looks dry. Lots more snow in cb right now.
    Weird, how did all those clear cut stripes on the pass look? I was thinking of making a trip down later this season to ski the pass and check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    On the note of Vail spinning it. My wife got an email on how to communicate to customers why her Patagonia store is not participating in having the 25th through 1st off like all normal Patagonia stores. They actually think she is going to tell them "we are staying open through the holiday in order to provide an experience of a lifetime for our guests". Yup, experience of a lifetime for the guests and they don't even offer her holiday pay for working on xmas day.

This is the first time I've seen total jerry's complaining on all the mtns social media pages about lines and dangerous skiing conditions. Vail just responds by saying "welp, get there early!".
    Oooh, the gapers are getting mouthy are they? Time to raise lift ticket prices to keep the riff raff out. The Crepe cart line was all time yesterday. Main St is always so fun to drive down and try not to hit people, kinda like running a gauntlet, except they'll get hurt and you'll go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Corporate Retail eats your soul. If you can manage a Patagonia Store well you are qualified for an number of jobs. Your wife must know this. Don't you work in a ski shop as well? Now would be a great time to bounce and get into a different sector.

I could get up and day trip tomorrow but boy thats gonna be hard to do on what has to be one of the 10 busiest days of the year.

Double edge sword. Enough about that though, we're fortunate to have what we have and don't take it for granted, just want some damn snow now!
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 12-23-2021 at 07:58 PM. Reason: vail is watching?

Double edge sword. Enough about that though, we're fortunate to have what we have and don't take it for granted, just want some damn snow now!
    Got it! I knew it sounded I bit Dad like and I figured I was telling you what you already knew but I wrote it anyway. I've just seen so many people I know transition out of retail management I just become so much more happy. If this situation gets unbearable, maybe consider some BS job with pass benefits for the remainder of the season while the job hunt is on?

But yes, snow is coming...this town could use a bit of nuclear winter. I'm about ready to just see all hell break loose. It ain't all perfectly fitting yoga pant and Vin Chaud. We need rental cars in the ditch and people crying in the lodge.

Got it! I knew it sounded I bit Dad like and I figured I was telling you what you already knew but I wrote it anyway. I've just seen so many people I know transition out of retail management I just become so much more happy. If this situation gets unbearable, maybe consider some BS job with pass benefits for the remainder of the season while the job hunt is on?

But yes, snow is coming...this town could use a bit of nuclear winter. I'm about ready to just see all hell break loose. It ain't all perfectly fitting yoga pant and Vin Chaud. We need rental cars in the ditch and people crying in the lodge.
    HA! By all means go full dad, I love reading and writing in this thread in the early morning hours.

Yeah I just want the snow to cause hell already because all it's doing otherwise is back-building like a tornado in that Twister movie, the gaperocalypse is inevitable. Thank god for the Basin, been loving watching empty lift lines on the cams the last few days.
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 12-23-2021 at 07:57 PM.

We will have to do a Basin Day at some point this year. I just like to see our mountain communities full of happy, healthy working class residents. Having lived the mountain town life for 25+ years, I've seen what is sustainable and what isn't.

Find a job that you don't hate that pays pretty well, stay the fuck outta the bars and off the hard drugs, learn to love thinks besides skiing at the the ski areas, don't live beyond your means to keep up with the trusites....or something like that.

Oooh, the gapers are getting mouthy are they? Time to raise lift ticket prices to keep the riff raff out. The Crepe cart line was all time yesterday. Main St is always so fun to drive down and try not to hit people, kinda like running a gauntlet, except they'll get hurt and you'll go to prison.
    you are brave driving down main st, park and french are bad enough I asked the dog if he wanted drive down mainstreet yesterday and bark out the window at tourists and he said No, I'm good

G

people have been tossing their cars in the ditch left and right around here the dirt hilly roads they are super ice hard packed right now
    some guy tossed his car 20 ft over the side of a back road the other day and I lost a 1/2 hr of my day while the tow truck pulled it out
    the worst is some of these roads are 1 lane in places and good drivers know how to yield
    I've yeilded and other people yeild and some ass wipe takes the car in front of them pulling over as an opportunity to go around them I love playing chicken
    but watching these people haul ass on these roads is mind blowing as I'm in first gear chugging down

Weird, how did all those clear cut stripes on the pass look? I was thinking of making a trip down later this season to ski the pass and check those out.
    CB got that one huge storm and Monarch didn't (as much). Plus CB faces N and Monarch S. The clear cuts didn't look ready, but if we get the snow forecasted, no problem at all..

Foggy en fuego
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Monarch says they are 65% open

the Vail Patagonia store is NOT a corporate Patagonia store....it's a Vail ski corp store with a Patagonia sign and merchandise....nothing to do with the Patagonia corporation and policies except that it looks like it......surprise, surprise

Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    the Vail Patagonia store is NOT a corporate Patagonia store....it's a Vail ski corp store with a Patagonia sign and merchandise....nothing to do with the Patagonia corporation and policies except that it looks like it......surprise, surprise
    Ummmmm, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by CTR View Post
    Haha I found this out about a decade ago and when I went to return something I had bought in Denver and they couldn’t accept the return.

I also like how this is somehow surprising. Why do you think that Vail buys shitty Midwest resorts and sells them epic passes? It’s because those Midwest skiers can then justify the trip to Vail, where Vail resorts makes money every step of the way. The shuttle from the airport, the lodging, the restaurants, the retail - even the ski shop/Starbucks combo at Downieville. Vail owns it all.
    go upside down.

Instead of talking about how much vail sucks can we talk about how hype these next round of storms have? 90" in the forecast for CB between now and the 2nd? DWG predicting 30-40+ on Wolf Creek pass by Sunday. The next 10 days look bonkers.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

It’s not real hype until Frankie Macdonald picks it up.

Basin was empty, again. Good times. Snow really picked up at 2pm. Bring on the main event!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    90" in the forecast for CB between now and the 2nd?
    I just hope I can get back to CB on Sunday. In the meantime I'll hang out in these 60 degree temps in Golden and obsessively hit refresh on the powcam

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I just hope I can get back to CB on Sunday. In the meantime I'll hang out in these 60 degree temps in Golden and obsessively hit refresh on the powcam
    I sense some shitty driving in your (and my) future. Here's to hoping this storm delivers and roads stay open.

Windy is saying 30" in South Fork. Their predictions seem to be conservative. Should of house swapped with one of these Texan's for the week. No point in hurrying back to CB. They probably won't get the whole mountain open till MLK weekend.
    off your knees Louie

Couple inches in Eagle Cty today....warm and wet. Highpoint is still saying 2-3 feet. I guess we’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Yesterday I went to Snowmass since they were opening Alpine Spring and High Alpine. Showed up a few minutes late and had to ride up the VX six pack with an instructor. I hate the VX.

First one up Alpine Spring and then got ten laps alone on the chair before people started to show up.

Since some of the chairs are closed, I had to go back to the VX, to get to my car. I hate the VX.

Line wasn’t bad, so I joined a foursome and then then the lift stopped. The reason hate the VX.
    While we were waiting, a smoking hot MILF, I’d met at the Belly Up a week ago, slides in with me.
    She wants me and I know if we take a run, it will seal the deal.

I ended up ditching her and skiing back to the car, because I didn’t want to go back to the VX.