Page 686 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... LastLast
Results 17,126 to 17,150 of 41143
    Pali skied great and surprisingly not a total shit show.

What limited terrain Loveland had today skied awesome- a legit 24", more in some spots. Hopefully this will help them open a bunch more, they certainly need to.

With the wind and snow, it was damn near impossible to take pictures... but I managed to get a couple decent ones.

Was it still dumping at AB? Is everything off Pali skied off completely?

I don't know about AB, but it was absolutely nuking at Loveland when I left around noon. With the wind and the add'l snow, tomorrow is still going to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    What limited terrain Loveland had today skied awesome- a legit 24", more in some spots. Hopefully this will help them open a bunch more, they certainly need to.

With the wind and snow, it was damn near impossible to take pictures... but I managed to get a couple decent ones.

Snow was super fun, for sure. Too bad I couldn't see anything, but hey...I'll take it!

It was still puking when I left around noon at the LUV.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Thanks! More pics!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Abasin delivered. Trees off Pali were double deep and lift lines were manageable. It's still nuking and a total white out past mid mountain. Loveland pass is not in very good shape will likely be closed through tomorrow when then sun comes out I would guess. If the snow keeps up it will be fun tomorrow, but not as untracked as the early birds saw this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Thanks! More pics!
    Unfortunately this is the only other one I got today due to the conditions... this was the shot immediately before the one above.

Awesome...still better than 99.5% of any of my pics.
    Hopefully Luv will get some significant amount of terrain open now.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Awesome...still better than 99.5% of any of my pics.
    Hopefully Luv will get some significant amount of terrain open now.
    LL might be able to open some lower terrain, but I'm guessing that most of the high terrain remains closed for a while. Think windslabs. Most of that stuff will slide when they bomb the shit out of it in the next few days.

Steve, what opened? Anything right of 1?

Breck was DEEP today as well. I was happily surprised to discover that the snow was much lighter than I thought it would be. Rode up 2nd chair and skied between the SuperConnect mid-load, E-Chair and Falcon Chair. Turns down the south side of Peak 10 were waist deep. Lift lines were a little longer than they could have been due to the T-bar, 6 Chair, Imperial and Peak 6 being closed, but I did well with the timing on lift/terrain openings. Favorable aspects in the alpine should be really nice tomorrow.
    Old's Cool.

Nope.... I'm not sure what was open/closed before today, but it was basically Lift Gully to skier's left. Nothing to the right.

They opened some more stuff (I think) under Chair 4, but that's the extent that I know of.

great shots, steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Here's a pretty accurate representation of what it was like most of the morning conditions-wise:

Looks good out there! Fucking stuck in the office today since I had all last week off visiting in-laws out in the flat lands. Rough seeing the reports and watching it pile up outside. Going up early tomorrow to sample the goods around here. Shocked by how little to no wind we got here. Maybe only 5-6 inches in town but guessing way more than that up high.

You're welcome. Thats what I get for spending the holidays in the PNW for the first time in years. Hitting the road after Christmas, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Copper will have some great stuff. I was on boot pack crew again yesterday and there were very high winds at the top of Union Peak (which is closed) with very low vis for most of the day. There was a lot of deep dust on crust areas yesterday but should be less of an issue today.
    Copper was very good. Had way too many lift issues that did not seem to be wind-related, but there were many places that were deep and it was not that crowded.

Still nuking when I left Loveland at 4pm. today was the first real inbounds winter storm day for me. So fun.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Wow so much fun at the beav this morning. Got one of the first chairs up. Larkspur bowl and favored spots on grouse were $$$$. The 9 inch report seemed about right. Really heavy and wind impacted in some spots. I kept lapping a wind loaded spot in larkspur that was easily waist deep. So fun, and no crowds at all. I love the beav

bukkake faceshot avalung needing chaos in the whiteroom

Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Copper was great today. Lapped resolution most of the day, not too crowded. Fresh tracks and face shots most of the morning, moguls underneath made for tons of fun. Snow was heavy, but "Bouncing" around was pretty damn fun today. Only complaint is i am majorly out of shape

I think it stopped snowing at Vail for maybe 30 minutes at most today. Started nuking huge flakes right after the lifts stopped turning. Tomorrow is going to be awesome too.

What a storm.

Big 48 hour totals....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL