Page 1249 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 ... LastLast
Results 31,201 to 31,225 of 41247
    North side of Lake of the Pines at roughly 36 and Lefthand lost several homes. Video of friends driving through a ring of fire to escape was scary.

Can they just ban all fires in the entire state already? There are too many yahoos camping and not giving a fuck for it to be worth the risk right now.

Last weekend I camped up high on Rollins Pass, east of the Divide, and it was scary how many campers below us were burning fires. At least 4-5 in plain sight along the road down to East Portal and Rollinsville.

List of damaged or lost homes from Calwood: https://assets.bouldercounty.org/wp-...Assessment.pdf

^^^ lots of big homes up that road.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Can they just ban all fires in the entire state already? There are too many yahoos camping and not giving a fuck for it to be worth the risk right now.
    Hasn't a statewide fire ban been in place for the past month?

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    Past several months.

People give far too few fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    I believe it expired Oct. 1.

Are they trying to cater to hunters? Last is saw it was Stage 1 on the Cdot VMS.

FWIW, the "statewide fire ban" was kind of toothless from what I saw. It was still up to the counties, and there was inconsistent levels of fire ban from county to county, which added to the confusion. When I went to the Butte for Labor Day, I looked into the fire ban and discovered that where I was camping, it was "level 1" and campfires were permitted.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Campfires piss me off no end. There is absolutely no justification for a damn fire at this point in this type of environment. You really want that responsibility? You don't need them to cook or to stay warm or any other reason of need. Honestly, what the hell? You wanna burn some shit so you can be cool? Knock it the hell off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F51F984-CA73-4720-801E-62F870972332.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	344006

On the upper C a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5F51F984-CA73-4720-801E-62F870972332.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	344006

On the upper C a couple months ago.
    What could possibly go wrong?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MCS5280 View Post
    Sadly bans appear to not matter any more. People need to get their authentic Colorado camping experience, and that includes a campfire in the background of their Instagram pictures while they drink coffee from their Yeti mug and show off the latest Melanzana hoodie that they bought for 3x retail price from an eBay/Amazon scalper while sitting outside the $120k Sprinter with a perfectly functional Webasto heater.
    Nailed it.

#vanlife #camplife #coloRADo #mountainlife #sleepinunderthestars #neature #coffeeviews #campviews #mylifeisbetterthanyourvacation

Yeah poke fun at the fake rich. I tend to think that your camper problem people are the dirt bags in shitty pickups and mini vans pulling landscape trailers. Overstuffed with walmart bags full of camping gear and canned food. The IDGAF crowd that you probably don't even notice because they are used to being poor and pitiful.

I mean what do I know...I only spend 2 or 3 days a week cleaning up after them.

Cheap beer, cheap drugs, cheap gas, and food stamps fuel their interest in the great outdoors.

Poking fun at the glampers sounds like jealousy. The real dirt bags you wouldn't even approach because you are scared of them. Seeing homeless and poor people as much as I do frustrates me but I still clean up after they move on. If I don't then the piles get bigger as they think it is a community dump site. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yeah poke fun at the fake rich. I tend to think that your camper problem people are the dirt bags in shitty pickups and mini vans pulling landscape trailers. Overstuffed with walmart bags full of camping gear and canned food. The IDGAF crowd that you probably don't even notice because they are used to being poor and pitiful.

Cheap beer, cheap drugs, cheap gas, and food stamps fuel their interest in the great outdoors.

Poking fun at the glampers sounds like jealousy. The real dirt bags you wouldn't even approach because you are scared of them. Seeing homeless and poor people as much as I do frustrates me but I still clean up after they move on. If I don't then the piles get bigger as they think it is a community dump site. Fuck.
    The Spring Creek Fire (108,000 acres) in 2018 was started by a vagabond/homeless guy trying to heat up some food.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Nailed it.

#vanlife #camplife #coloRADo #mountainlife #sleepinunderthestars #neature #coffeeviews #campviews #mylifeisbetterthanyourvacation
    I'm signing up to buy a van can't wait it's all I think about 100k who cares, just trying to figure out how to explain it to my dad and how to bridge the purchase time and to when I get my next trust fund dispersment in may next year I never did the flat brim but I do like a nice frat boy roll to the bill of my ball cap haters gonna hate but I"m gonna be ballin

I'm inclined to agree with simple. The guy with the luxury sprinter isn't the big problem, it's the low and no income camper that is way more likely to be the problem. The guy without the patagucci puffy, who has the fire roaring because he's cold.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^^ This + the transient campers... not to start some other debate, but a fact that lots of trash/needle-infested "camps" out there with fire rings.
    And also hard to enforce unless you're going in with the police. I would not want to be an open space or FS ranger going into one of those camps. Although I think some (or all?) forest service may carry sidearms

This.

I mean, you can poke fun of whomever, but, IMHO the outer reaches of both ends don't make good stewards, either by choice or.. whatever else.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It's kinda like the greasers and the socs.

Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    ^^^ This + the transient campers... not to start some other debate, but a fact that lots of trash/needle-infested "camps" out there with fire rings.
    And also hard to enforce unless you're going in with the police. I would not want to be an open space or FS ranger going into one of those camps. Although I think some (or all?) forest service may carry sidearms
    Fish Cops, at least the peace officers/LEOs, carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Campfires piss me off no end. There is absolutely no justification for a damn fire anywhere you camping, ever, unless you're on the verge of hypothermia. Cut that shit the fuck out unless someone's life is on the line.
    FIFY

I usually burn when I'm camping above treeline.
    Krummholz takes to flame quite well!

Am I the only one who is a little take aback when a thread other than this one or the I-70 one is at the top? I think of this forum as a little corner of Colorado weather and roads and shit, and it's weird to see others use it for its intended purpose.