Page 815 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... LastLast
Results 20,351 to 20,375 of 41286
    No freeze overnight! Bummer, I'll go to work I guess.

I went to the Jane yesterday, coverage is great. Gotta watch the temps and the aspect. Its nice to get some actual spring skiing at a mountain that often closes in full winter conditions.

I'm a big fan of the extended seasons. It seems better to fade away than burn out. The traditional Spring Splash, party in the C Lot has turned into a bit too much of a Phish show/rave for me.

Will the party be in the C-lot? Bands and stuff? C chair ain't running. Will the Pano run on Saturday? I'll probably be skiing. Save me a brat?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    No freeze overnight! Bummer, I'll go to work I guess.

I went to the Jane yesterday, coverage is great. Gotta watch the temps and the aspect. Its nice to get some actual spring skiing at a mountain that often closes in full winter conditions.

I'm a big fan of the extended seasons. It seems better to fade away than burn out. The traditional Spring Splash, party in the C Lot has turned into a bit too much of a Phish show/rave for me.

Will the party be in the C-lot? Bands and stuff? C chair ain't running. Will the Pano run on Saturday? I'll probably be skiing. Save me a brat?
    I plan to ski too. I'll probably be in the C lot for a little bit of festivities.

I'll be skiing a bit, will have non mag in tow and plan to break out camp stove for brats and beers. will post up where we end up depending on time.

Im into spring mode but cant walk away from last lift service of the year.

Foggy, I'll wear my phish shirt so you can pick me out brat and a beer for you.

Spring Mode = wake up, look outside and check the weather, make plans accordingly, medicate as required, do it...

In other news:

Support your Jane Base businesses. We are very lucky to have a "ski area with in a ski resort" at the Jane. With your pass, most thinks are 50% at the Jane Shop AKA Golden Spike. Try not to steal too many fried from the Jane Cafe and throw a little money at the staff in the Club Car.

Be Respectful, Say Thank You. I'm pretty sure Intrawest in losing money by staying open. They are doing it for YOU. Thank the staff, keep the behavior in check...specially in the lift lines and around the kids. Cops will be out if force even walking the lot, don't drink and drive.

Ignore all ropes and have as much fun and possible!!!

Keep the Jane and Jane

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I'll be skiing a bit, will have non mag in tow and plan to break out camp stove for brats and beers. will post up where we end up depending on time.

Im into spring mode but cant walk away from last lift service of the year.

Spring mode = skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Spring Mode = wake up, look outside and check the weather, make plans accordingly, medicate as required, do it...

In other news:

Support your Jane Base businesses. We are very lucky to have a "ski area with in a ski resort" at the Jane. With your pass, most thinks are 50% at the Jane Shop AKA Golden Spike. Try not to steal too many fried from the Jane Cafe and throw a little money at the staff in the Club Car.

Be Respectful, Say Thank You. I'm pretty sure Intrawest in losing money by staying open. They are doing it for YOU. Thank the staff, keep the behavior in check...specially in the lift lines and around the kids. Cops will be out if force even walking the lot, don't drink and drive.

Ignore all ropes and have as much fun and possible!!!

Keep the Jane and Jane
    I usually hit the club car and lunch rock. I'm not opposed to spending money with people who keep it around here.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    You'll be able to identify me by my arc'teryx shell that I can't afford and a GSD that's a big fuckin dog... Also I tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltlick View Post
    Also I tele.
    sorry man, cant hang out with you.

The sticker says "tele 'til you're smelly"...

How do all these damn hippies not realize they're done already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I plan to be in the C lot and skiing. I'm very thankful they extended the season. A friend of mine said all the MJ lots were full last weekend. I hope the extension has been good for business.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I can't help but feel winter park was testing the waters to see if they could remain partially open and still stay in the black mid spring. Judging by how full the parking lots were last Sunday, it would be hard to imagine they didn't, unless an overwhelming majority of skiers were season pass holders.

If they did turn a profit I'd be willing to bet they stay open late next season, maybe even possibly a week later.

Would be cool if other ski areas started experimenting with late season skiing as well.

^^^agree

The Basin is skiing so well right now. Love these warm days. Lots of hot girls out too!

Sounds like a good gathering in process.
    Whoever grabs the best parking spot want to host?
    We'll likely show around 830a and relax until 1030ish then go out. I don't think it froze last two days and tonight looks warm too.
    "Passholder Appreciation Day" means gear giveaway a complimentary brew at the base!

Snow was actually very good in the morning above treeline in the Loveland Pass area. Going slushy but still firm underneath and fast. 1PM run was slop though.

Very random....I'm weighing the pros and cons of a move to park county, would like to figure out how much snow closes Hoosier Pass though. Does that pass pretty much close when Loveland pass closes, or is it more resilient to closures.

Also random, would like to take the little niece for a medium big hike and thinking Bergen peak.
    Anyone know if it is melted out to the top?
    Don't want her to have to negotiate icy muddy trails.

Quote Originally Posted by skinewhere View Post
    Very random....I'm weighing the pros and cons of a move to park county, would like to figure out how much snow closes Hoosier Pass though. Does that pass pretty much close when Loveland pass closes, or is it more resilient to closures.
    I'm no expert, but pretty sure it stays open more frequently than LL.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anybody know what kind of crowds WP has had during the week these two bonus weeks?

has to be completely dead. Wasn't very crowded last Saturday.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pretty dead indeed at the Jane for these 2 extra weeks. Weekday skier counts have hovered around 400-500 people, of which I'd bet the majority are season pass holders and employees. Last weekend was around 10 times those numbers, but the Broncos draft probably boosted numbers. Busy winter weekend days see 12-15,000+ skiers. Can't imagine the resort is making much money from the extended Jane season, but it sure has generated a lot of happy folks.

Weekdays have been very uncrowded at the Jane these last 2 weeks. 17 people lined up for 1st chair last Tuesday on a 6" day. Weekends have been better. Seems like not many folks besides the regular die hards even know they are still open and maybe they could to do more to get the word out. I hear, conditions-permitting, they would like to make this a regular thing in future seasons, but its only gonna work if folks come out.

Going to be at ABasin on Saturday, anyone have a ballpark time that the main lot fills up? And what time all the parking lots will be full?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Going to be at ABasin on Saturday, anyone have a ballpark time that the main lot fills up? And what time all the parking lots will be full?
    You should leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Been warm all week, not supposed to snow much tonight, plus WP and Loveland will be open, so rough guesstimate is around 9-9:15 for the main lot. Would be surprised if all the lots actually fill up

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    You should leave now.
    I did NOT see that coming!