Page 1407 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 ... LastLast
Results 35,151 to 35,175 of 41247
    It's nice Pali is spinning, even if it's just West Wall and Grizzly.
    Humbug -> Falcon was money on Sunday, and the place was empty.
    This storm should deliver one hell of a rally!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It's nice Pali is spinning, even if it's just West Wall and Grizzly.
    Humbug -> Falcon was money on Sunday, and the place was empty.
    This storm should deliver one hell of a rally!
    Empty on Saturday as well. Got in some soft turns on Slalom Slope with patrol keeping us off the rocks.

With the Ikon blackout starting Sunday, things should hopefully be quiet next week as well. The biggest backup will be getting through Keystone with 2.1M Epic passholders driving around in circles looking for a place to park.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    The biggest backup will be getting through Keystone with 2.1M Epic passholders driving around in circles looking for a place to park.
    This is the only part of skiing ABasin that gives me anxiety.......stay out of the left/thru lane if you're pulling into Keystone, dipshits!

::lays on the horn::
    Old's Cool.

Cell service is wedged in steamboat and store shelves are empty of the good stuff. I've never seen so many 'skiers' download the gondy as I did yesterday. Modelo is now $13 for a can. Dog help us.

Oh but the bump runs are empty and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    This is the only part of skiing ABasin that gives me anxiety.......stay out of the left/thru lane if you're pulling into Keystone!

::lays on the horn::
    And always be on alert for the guy who darts out of the keystone turn lane at the last second or his buddy who takes the left into keystone from coming down the pass right in front of oncoming traffic. And make sure their sister isn’t riding your ass when you have to slam the brakes to avoid hitting either of them.

I swear that’s one of the most dangerous intersections in Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    And always be on alert for the guy who darts out of the keystone turn lane at the last second or his buddy who takes the left into keystone from coming down the pass right in front of oncoming traffic. And make sure their sister isn’t riding your ass when you have to slam the brakes to avoid hitting either of them.

I swear that’s one of the most dangerous intersections in Summit.
    That whole exchange is a good glimpse into what anarchy would look like in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You’d be better off coming to the RFV.
    Most of Highlands is already open.
    Aspen and Snowmass will open the most of their terrain this weekend.
    Parking is the only issue, but the skiing’s great.
    Yeah I really should get over there, my buddy has a spot walkable to the Gondi. I get half off with my basin pass since it's mtn collective but that's still more than a full wolf creek ticket. haha

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    <snip> I get half off with my basin pass since it's mtn collective but that's still more than a full wolf creek ticket. haha
    That's OK - the skiing is at least 3x as good as Wolfie.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Yeah I really should get over there, my buddy has a spot walkable to the Gondi. I get half off with my basin pass since it's mtn collective but that's still more than a full wolf creek ticket. haha
    looks to only be $10-12.50 more unless you have some kind of discount or go on a locals day. looked into that last storm cycle when I considered chasing some snow.

Not very crowded at the basin today, never even filled early riser. Some fun skiing out there but come on snow. I assume all the ikon folks are headed to copper as they have quite a bit more open.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's OK - the skiing is at least 3x as good as Wolfie.
    truth! Alright guess I'm convinced

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Cell service is wedged in steamboat and store shelves are empty of the good stuff. I've never seen so many 'skiers' download the gondy as I did yesterday. Modelo is now $13 for a can. Dog help us.

Oh but the bump runs are empty and fun.

$13 for a can at Steamboat? At the base of Copper two weeks ago there were several drafts for $6-$8. $13 is not rad.

Check out this guy’s Instagram story with an Epic Breck lift line. I don’t get standing in shit like this. Find a new sport!

https://instagram.com/stories/natec4...dium=copy_link

We really need to start a new thread call "Colorado Lift Line & Resort Quality Bitch Thread"

hell on earth
    some people call it a vacation
    spent over an hr with a buddy today talking about the "good ole days"
    back when bob stabbed some smart ass kid for being a smart ass vietnam will make you do that to people
    bobs safe now over in alma last I heard
    we laughed we cried we tried to make sense of our lives
    we're at the point now where we have to do welfare checks on friends
    we're at the point where we talked about doing 360's in the middle of the icy highway in the middle of the night decades ago
    we're at the point where we realize were still here
    a few bowls were smoked
    they can enjoy it for a few days or a week we've enjoyed it forever

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    hell on earth
    some people call it a vacation ...

we're at the point where we realize were still here
    a few bowls were smoked
    they can enjoy it for a few days or a week we've enjoyed it forever
    Righteous.

Went to vail on Monday.
    Holy fuck what a fucking shit show that place is.
    I’ve never been that scared on a ski slope in my life.
    Got a few good bump runs in, but fuck that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find that the day after a powder day can better than the actual powder day this time of year because of new terrain openings and snow in the BC has time to settle. The way they are showing it, Saturday should fit that timeline. Fingers crossed that we don't get skunked again.

The Basin, who probably has the thinnest snowpack of all, has been doing directed skiing on some of the better terrain and I'd expect that to help them drop some ropes on X-mas day.
    Good logic!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I cannot understand why people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to come do this for a week:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0934.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	397765

National Weather Service forecasting thirteen to twenty five inches (13-25") to fall at Wolfy Thursday through Friday.

This weekend ought to be a veritable goat rodeo.

If you come, wear a Dallas Cowboys Starter jacket and you'll fit right in.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I cannot understand why people pay thousands and thousands of dollars to come do this for a week:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0934.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	397765
    Herd Mentality
    If they are in a line with a million other people, they must be doing the right thing, the skiing must be EPIC™!

Herd Mentality
    If they are in a line with a million other people, they must be doing the right thing, the skiing must be EPIC™!
    been talking about this alot the past year with "locals" (tm) it's all they know, unlike the above average tgr skier colorado outdoorsy person, they don't have trails out their front door they don't have a gondola a fifteen minute walk from their house, they live somewhere vanilla, they get a couple weeks off for vacation a year, usually around school breaks and holidays but you know what 95% of the people in the photo are having the time of their life right now and enjoying themselves to a degree that the average tgr poster might not know

meanwhile every hardcore colo bro is warming the rig up and heading to wolf creek to flounder around on short little pow pow runs this weekend that will be labeled all time hardcore pretty much replicating the same bullshit all the gapers are doing in the photo but on a different scale

it's the time of year pretty reflective on shit and I decided to stick around another year to watch the madness that has been my home for many many years too long

Clearly Vail Resorts crowding is due to 900k more passes since 2019. Most tourists come from crowded cities so crowded lines don’t bother them. They are outside of their concrete prison and getting great pics for the Gram. Incoming storm(s), plus holiday crowds, means one thing will be epic and it won’t be the snow.

On a weather note, it looks wet for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

I saw that same exact picture elsewhere and am thinking maybe it needs some kind of context? like a lift breakdown or was it really that bad? I get that everyone is on the same few lifts that are open but damn that is impressive. had to wait a little bit at lenawee a couple times yesterday because only two of the rfid gates were working and it was causing some congestion. finally they just pulled the gates off to the side allowing people to freely move through.

If only there was some way that you could avoid the most visited ski resort in the country on holidays. If only.
    50"- 100" totals coming through New Year - FKNA

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I saw that same exact picture elsewhere and am thinking maybe it needs some kind of context? like a lift breakdown or was it really that bad? I get that everyone is on the same few lifts that are open but damn that is impressive. had to wait a little bit at lenawee a couple times yesterday because only two of the rfid gates were working and it was causing some congestion. finally they just pulled the gates off to the side allowing people to freely move through.
    Those gates are dumb. Especially the ones on a lift halfway up the mountain.

Looking forward to seeing how this weekend and next week turns out for the Basin. So far this season has been pretty quiet except for opening days. Next week being blacked out so that makes me want to take the week off if the snow comes.