Page 1243 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... LastLast
Results 31,051 to 31,075 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    There's a nice peak just west of this that I've scoped out as a nice mid-winter area on drives to/from steamboat. Always has solid midwinter coverage. I think this place should get a decent amount of snow.
    http://www.coloradoskihistory.com/lost/baker.html

Yep -- that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Looks like this location has way more north facing terrain. I love the concept and probably will do a day there this season. It’s also cool they’re allowing camping in their lot.
    Paid winter camping in a parking lot? Seems odd. But you gotta monetize your assets anywhere you can, right?

Pretty certain they are leasing a hunting ranch, so they may have to concede certain things (ex. Paid overnight parking) to make it work.

September 17, 2020

Dear Season Pass Holder:

On Monday September 14th, WCSA released its 2020-2021 season pass prices; these were developed in the most uncertain business environment that I, in my lifelong involvement in ski area management, have ever encountered. The season still presents many uncertainties; as to date we don’t truly have an approved COVID-19 opening plan. It is my understanding that the State will be forming a committee in October and we are working with the local health department in providing a specific plan that takes into account all the departments from the parking up through the ski school, food service, lift policies, etc.

The Season Pass pricing structure that we had developed was part of this package and while we were confident that there was a pass offering that covered all financial circumstances of our pass holders, we have received several dozen complaints along with the “social media being abuzz with additional input”. Many folks mention that we are meant to be a family operation, which we are and being a family operation, we are sensitive to our clients and their concerns.

Therefore, based on both the concerns about pricing, and our inability to accurately forecast what restrictions, if any, will be enforced by the State, WCSA will be modifying its season pass prices and its COVID operating plan; both have been simplified and I hope to be agreeable to our pass holders.

The Premium pass will not be offered and instead the Peak Advantage pass along with the Super Saver passes will be offered, along with the same number of Local Appreciation days. The Peak Advantage will not have any black out days and reservations will not be necessary unless there are restrictions mandated by the State or Federal Government. The new daily lift ticket pricing structure will remain the same for 2020 – 2021 season.

There will be no COVID-19 closure related refunds. If purchasing a pass is a risk for you financially, Wolf Creek is offering other affordable options to skiing this year.

As to the COVID winter operating plan we will be working with both the Local and State Health departments in finalizing a plan for our amenities, but in the mean time we will plan on opening with a COVID PRE-SEASON PLAN in which only the lifts and bathrooms will be open - all buildings including Base Camp will remain closed indefinitely.

Hopefully these changes will be viewed in a positive manner as we have listened.

Sincerely,

Davey Pitcher

CEO WCSA

Is the foliage looking yellow/brown this year?

Lost a lot of green leaves yesterday. Maybe the cold snap recently and a dry summer. But yes, I little brown and a little yellow. Next weekend should be better, so best to just stay home.

Beavercreek is going off with the yellow right now

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Lost a lot of green leaves yesterday. Maybe the cold snap recently and a dry summer. But yes, I little brown and a little yellow. Next weekend should be better, so best to just stay home.
    A couple of the aspens in my yard have been dropping green leaves for the last few weeks, presumably an effect of the drought.
    Old's Cool.

I have no idea what people on Kenosha were looking at except huge swaths of brown. Down a bit lower in the 9k range there are some colors turning as of this weekend.

Was super nice out during the day, cool nights, and lots of empty FS land.

We got out and ambled around on the bum ankle a bit. But mostly just drank octoberfest and read books in a hammock.

Hopefully the "increased parking spacing" at my ski area will allow for the awning + a little propane fire pit this ski season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120019019_10102264470684420_3951970224692204999_o.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	340945

Imma go look at some brown leaves tomorrow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

A whole lot of not brown leaves around CB/Gunny area right meow. Rode a big loop on the moto around Washington gulch, Gothic, Ohio Pass Kebler the other day and everything was on the verge with a few beginning to pop. Dr's Park was about full blown yesterday afternoon.

If you are into that kinda thing... fucking leafers...

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    A whole lot of not brown leaves around CB/Gunny area right meow. Rode a big loop on the moto around Washington gulch, Gothic, Ohio Pass Kebler the other day and everything was on the verge with a few beginning to pop. Dr's Park was about full blown yesterday afternoon.

If you are into that kinda thing... fucking leafers...
    Nice. I've been so busy moving and its killing me not having time to ride right now. Maybe I can make it over there before they are all on the ground.

Leaves on Kenosha are definitely not as good as normal. But there's still some decent leaf peeping and the riding is good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anybody want a free Burly bike trailer? It's very well used but functional. Your yuppie neighbors won't be impressed but your kid won't care. I live in Lafayette, but I'm also in Estes pretty frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Anybody want a free Burly bike trailer? It's very well used but functional. Your yuppie neighbors won't be impressed but your kid won't care. I live in Lafayette, but I'm also in Estes pretty frequently.
    Hmmm. Possibly. PM incoming

I wore the wheels off one and gave it away similarly.

Now I wish I had a little utility bike trailer.

anyone else take the most recent Abasin survey? so after they say no reservations for pass holders they are asking people how they would feel about reservations. seemed a bit odd but I am not going to get mad over whatever happens this season, will just take it as it comes and hopefully get some lift served skiing.

Probably means a shit ton of people bought A-Basin passes
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Probably means a shit ton of people bought A-Basin passes
    All my friends around the county have only been talking about getting a basin passes, along with a lot of denver friends who just don't want to either deal with reservations or get in the thick of it with the ikon pass.

Here I sit lowkey getting a loveland pass and hoping everyone just goes to the basin... haha I just want avoid people if I can and with loveland not even having warming huts available I think it could be a good season for it. Who knows though.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    All my friends around the county have only been talking about getting a basin passes, along with a lot of denver friends who just don't want to either deal with reservations or get in the thick of it with the ikon pass.

Here I sit lowkey getting a loveland pass and hoping everyone just goes to the basin... haha I just want avoid people if I can and with loveland not even having warming huts available I think it could be a good season for it. Who knows though.
    I got a Basin pass and probably will get a Copper 5 pack and a Loveland 4 pack to go with 3 days from last year I didn’t use. Probably not going with Epic or Ikon for the first time in 16 seasons. Just not eager to give them my money and get into the thick of it. I feel like the smaller mountains will have an easier time handling all this and stay open. Winter Park, Breck, Vail, Copper, Keystone are lying to themselves and everyone if they think they can operate more or less normally, with reservations affecting only a handful of busy days.

If ABasin goes back on the reservation thing though...damn, there will be a revolt.

Abasin said they were going to limit the number of season passes sold, but I haven't heard that they were cut off yet.

I told them no reservations & don’t parse seat space on the lift.

If everyone got their pass, then they didn’t really limit number sold like they said they would.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

yeah I only have basin pass at the moment, have a few days left to decide if I am going to pick up a copper 5 pack. Basin is supposed to cap their pass sales at some number whatever that is but yeah I do feel like I am hearing about increased interest in basin passes. Still don't think the basin will be crowded midweek, aside from powder days, and I feel pretty good about riding pali and beavers.

don't kid yourselves everyone bought an a bay pass this year seriously everyone
    "limiting the number of season passes" is nothing more than marketing what business would limit sales of anything when they have inventory? none
    just like vail saying they are limiting the number of people on the mountain by reservation, breck can have well over 20k plus people on the busiest days so they are limiting that number to 15k
    it's propaganda to make people feel safe and to make the gov't think they care about peoples safety
    after bobby katz took it in the ass for what ever the name of that investment group that owns most of vail stock and put him in power as ceo years ago bobby needs to rebound and make money this year peoples health is not a concern for him stock value is