Page 1241 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 ... LastLast
Results 31,001 to 31,025 of 41293
    Might not show well ^^^ but it’s pounding. Again.

I do 4:1, but is almost like it needs to sit for a day and then they get after it. Maybe some evaporates to where they like. Was debating making it stronger, but that will have to wait as they have been gone for about a week.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I really like those maps...
    Where can I get the calendar in the first shot?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Wolf Creek went bat shit crazy on pass prices. Might be better off buying an ikon and hitting Taos for lift served. Not clear on what they are planning for reservations.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Wolf Creek went bat shit crazy on pass prices. Might be better off buying an ikon and hitting Taos for lift served. Not clear on what they are planning for reservations.
    $1,543 if bought before 10/4 and then $1,927 after that! Are they trying to see how few season passes they can sell? I can't imagine there's too many folks down in that area that will pay those prices.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    $1,543 if bought before 10/4 and then $1,927 after that! Are they trying to see how few season passes they can sell? I can't imagine there's too many folks down in that area that will pay those prices.
    I've had a hard time justifying $35 on locals Wednesday before. There just isn't enough hill under all that snow for me.

$1600 passes would help pay for the Matchless expansion.
    I'll skip the "Pancake Creek" jabs, but I like the clarity of the move. If you want full access, here's the price. No bullshit.
    Epic and Ikon made sure to cash the checks before announcing their restrictions, and you know hotel & lesson passholders will get preference over the day tripper.

What the resorts are not making public right now is CRITICAL INFORMATION. They have been working with the government for agreed upon maximum capacity numbers and these numbers WILL be very very very very limited. I've got some insider info on this. We need to look at what the government allowed Abasin to do for Memorial Day Weekend as a good baseline example. Small numbers for a small amount of terrain open. As terrain opens, capacity increases, but it's not going to be anywhere near what would be considered max. capacity. Many resorts already operate on USFS land and have maximum usage numbers agreed upon with the Forest Service.

I'm hearing 1/3 of maximum capacity as a general guidance.

This is why you're seeing Jackson Hole suspend pass sales. This is why Abasin is not running busses and using their parking lot to determine fullness. This is why Copper Mountain is doing parking reservations. This is why VR is doing a reservation system. Vail Resorts knows that their major weekends and holiday periods will be fully reserved, using their new reservation system, within hours after the priority reservations are made available.

So are they just going to turn cars away with plenty of parking still available? Seems like it would have made sense to just require reservations then.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    What the resorts are not making public right now is CRITICAL INFORMATION. They have been working with the government for agreed upon maximum capacity numbers and these numbers WILL be very very very very limited. I've got some insider info on this. We need to look at what the government allowed Abasin to do for Memorial Day Weekend as a good baseline example. Small numbers for a small amount of terrain open. As terrain opens, capacity increases, but it's not going to be anywhere near what would be considered max. capacity. Many resorts already operate on USFS land and have maximum usage numbers agreed upon with the Forest Service.

I'm hearing 1/3 of maximum capacity as a general guidance.

This is why you're seeing Jackson Hole suspend pass sales. This is why Abasin is not running busses and using their parking lot to determine fullness. This is why Copper Mountain is doing parking reservations. This is why VR is doing a reservation system. Vail Resorts knows that their major weekends and holiday periods will be fully reserved, using their new reservation system, within hours after the priority reservations are made available.
    So, based on this, they are lying to us. Both Vail and Al stated that there won’t be capacity issues except on a handful of the busiest of days. Based on what you’re hearing, that’s a load of shit.

Also, why does having parking reservations determine fullness? Plenty could carpool or take the bus and a place like Copper may not have a good handle on the numbers on the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So, based on this, they are lying to us. Both Vail and Al stated that there won’t be capacity issues except on a handful of the busiest of days. Based on what you’re hearing, that’s a load of shit.

Also, why does having parking reservations determine fullness? Plenty could carpool or take the bus and a place like Copper may not have a good handle on the numbers on the mountain.
    Yeah, we have to look at the language the resorts have been giving us. Everything is very vague right now (and all is certainly subject to change), but the language is tailored towards selling passes right now.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if VR has some kind of "Platinum Gold Executive" whatever reservation for their billionaire/millionaire clients that will put them at the top of the list for 'priority reservations' before the system even opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Yeah, we have to look at the language the resorts have been giving us. Everything is very vague right now (and all is certainly subject to change), but the language is tailored towards selling passes right now.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if VR has some kind of "Platinum Gold Executive" whatever reservation for their billionaire/millionaire clients that will put them at the top of the list for 'priority reservations' before the system even opens.
    I think everyone here has been assuming 50% capacity but 33%?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Just saw the updated pass prices. Whoa!

Talked to the head of lifts for vail today. He's scared shit less of Instagram pics.

Wolf Creek. Now that is just beyond funny.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/aspe...conomic-times/

Aspen vacating 50 positions in anticipation of lower turnout. All told, 9 layoffs with some retirements and unfilled positions. Not a ton, unless you are one of those 9.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Talked to the head of lifts for vail today. He's scared shit less of Instagram pics.

What about my epic pics photogs for ma memberberries?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    What about my epic pics photogs for ma memberberries?
    As long as it's not the shitshow lines on 5 and 36, go for it. I just laughed and told him he's fucked.

Oh, like this?
    Name:  IMG_3593.JPG
Views: 1358
Size:  90.0 KB

As long as it's not the shitshow lines on 5 and 36, go for it. I just laughed and told him he's fucked.
    I was thinking more of the of the green coats top of 11.

the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I'm guessing between 3-400?

Bfd would know but I think it was 400 early and then went up to like 6 or 700.
    Wish I did it then but oh well.
    There’s always next year. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    How much was a season pass at Wolf Creek last season?
    I bought the early season mid week pass for $550 last year. This year it is $723 with black out days during holidays. I am not certain but think season pass was in $900 range. I was surprised as the Blevin article said he planned to lower the price on mid week pass. I will probably buy the pass again this year. I do not think Wolf Creek is trying to gouge people. I think they are just trying to figure out on how to stay open. If they have to reduce ticket sales during the holidays they have to raise their price. I imagine the Texans will pay it. Does suck for the local families. But having the largest employer in the area closed might suck more for the area.
    off your knees Louie