Page 1413 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 ... LastLast
Results 35,301 to 35,325 of 41262
    I agree!

I also wonder how many people bought epic (or other) passes and added on Abasin, so they’re splitting days at other resorts. I could also see Abasin going $100 higher per pass next year if this is the experience they get to market.

(Side note: are 20-somethings making way more money these days? I remember barely being able to scrape together enough money for the Colorado Local pass back in the day. Now every person I know younger than 30 seems to have enough coin to buy multiple passes - often Epic + Ikon. That’s just wild to me.)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I just hope they are charging the fuck out of those little Team Summit shits.
    They really do go out there and nail the good lines ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    I agree!

(Side note: are 20-somethings making way more money these days? I remember barely being able to scrape together enough money for the Colorado Local pass back in the day. Now every person I know younger than 30 seems to have enough coin to buy multiple passes - often Epic + Ikon. That’s just wild to me.)

And driving brand new 60k 4Runners, I think they all got rich on GME

More likely family money from just about everyone getting massively wealthy from their real estate, business, and investments all crushing it for 30 years. Doesn't sound as hip as saying GME though.

LoL at those Team Summit jabs. I approve of what Basin is doing, that is all.

Great snow out there . Slalom and East Ave were so good early, and we caught East Gully / Cabin rope midday. I don’t think any Beavers trees opened, but they look good to go.

From what I could tell from Pali, early riser didn’t fill until 9:45am or so. On a pow day…

There were more people at City Market this afternoon than ABasin. Ikon blackouts kick ass.

Rumor is the Basin May have to close for a week due to the staff being ravaged with the VID.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Rumor is the Basin May have to close for a week due to the staff being ravaged with the VID.

I think this will happen throughout Ski Country USA. But now it is only a 5 day stint with Netflix and bong.

the whole county is about to shut down not cause of any mandates and shit
    started at the resort a week or so ago and ran through employee housing
    this week it's the restaurants and cleaners 30-50% of every restaurant staff has it and it's still bitchy tourons complaining and infected servers and cooks flipping that shit
    houses aren't getting cleaned for the new guest flip thats kinda funny I think, and how many of the d-bag short term rental owners are showing up to pull their weights to clean and flip their house? yea I thought so

it's a fucking joke

Found out I am not chill enough for Colorado resort skiing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211227_143114430.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	976.8 KB 
ID:	398485
    so you show up early and get a shitty parking spot. The attendant knows it so he parks the white van to give me room to get out. So the blue Subaru shows up and decides to park me in so they had a shorter walk. I go to leave at 2 with plans to meet my ski partners. So after waiting an hour and half for the owner to show up I am supposed to be happy to see them.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    that's a passholder, probably from Del Norte

Lovely. I will be up there super early the next two days so this hopefully doesn't happen to me. If you see someone in a dark purple jacket with either Cease and Desists or Billy Goats on...say hello.

PS) If this parked me in I would be very much less than chill.

so you show up early and get a shitty parking spot. The attendant knows it so he parks the white van to give me room to get out. So the blue Subaru shows up and decides to park me in so they had a shorter walk. I go to leave at 2 with plans to meet my ski partners. So after waiting an hour and half for the owner to show up I am supposed to be happy to see them.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Can’t you just back up and get out?

No shit. That's not even remotely close to being boxed in.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    No shit. That's not even remotely close to being boxed in.
    That right rear tire says he needs to back straight out

I know a lot of the team summit and team breck folks (team breck also skis the basin most days) and can tell ya that hardly any of the kids on the teams actually live up here anymore. I've done some pro sale stuff for them and it sure is hard giving a pro discount on some full tilt boots when you look up there billing address on the front range to find them in a 2-3 million dollar house in highlands ranch.

Agreed on whoever mentioned being nervous about the basin when it's not busy really ever, although I have seen they've been adding surcharges on stuff in the gift shop and restaurants to help pay their employees a living wage. I'm happy to pay that to keep the experience as it is now, yesterday was absolutely glorious and I wasn't even able to show up until 9:30 to still having a spot in the main lot.

This was a real test for the basin, snow and holiday crowds! rode the last 4 days there and wow lower lot didn't even fill up till yesterday, ride on the lift four days in row it felt weird is the legend back??

Meanwhile if you like gang bangs breck is the place to be

What’s the difference between a gang bang and a cluster fuck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vail resorts?

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    What’s the difference between a gang bang and a cluster fuck?
    Gang bangs are organized.

Telluride was great today. That gold hill area is awesome.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

CB skied great today, brutal lift lines this morning though. This creamy snow is covering up the rocks nicely. Hopefully more of the mountain opens soon?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Anybody secretly nervous about the lack of crowds at ABasin? I just hope that they’re still getting enough $ from the Ikon partnership and higher priced season passes to make up for what appears to be (really incredible for those of us who get to enjoy it) light skier traffic. I don’t want them to be forced to change because the financials aren’t working out…

Not nervous, but I make a point to try and stop in at Black Mtn for at least a regular Bloody Mary + $1 side car everyday I ski to help out

Whatever it is I don’t want it change. Yesterday was f’ing amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    CB skied great today, brutal lift lines this morning though. This creamy snow is covering up the rocks nicely. Hopefully more of the mountain opens soon?
    Nope. They are so royally mismanaged. Fuck Vail. My over/under for a T-bar to open is Jan 20th. They already have the snow, but that's my guess. Shit, they don't have Big Al's and lower twister open. Or International. Or East River.