Page 1347 of 1355 FirstFirst ... 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 ... LastLast
Results 33,651 to 33,675 of 33875
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    How'd monarch go? The mtn biking in chaffee county gave me a THO today the only prob is I'm freezing my balls off thought it was supp oh se to be warm down here have i ever mentioned i hate winter
    It was really nice, very civilised! Six or eight people I guess over 40 (50?), is everyone getting old? I thought it was just me. I could kick myself for not getting a pic of the group - all fit and fine skiers! Many dogs and the upper lot is a lovely venue.

Viva came all the way from Pagosa and on the drive home I was thinking about how Monarch is really at the heart of Colorado. And the skiing was as nice as the company. Hopefully we can get together there again next season with even more people - I am telling you the early season there cannot be beat!

Thank you to whip.
    Last edited by shera; 04-11-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Corn snow was great inbounds this afternoon. Winds kept it from slopping out

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Hi speed slush groomer laps for Keystone closing were honestly better skiing than Crystal's East Face yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Yeah up high kinda sucked this weekend. Sunny but too windy so the coral reef snow was meh

Nailed it in the park on Saturday. but we skied a line that was protected from the wind. I don't envy the other 2 parties that had to ski after us though...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rmnp_041021.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	371280

Aspenís been great the last four days.
    Tomorrow might be another story.

Looking good for the week on the divide, we shall see.

Been checking the weather forecasts frequently hoping that it stays solid for a good ski day this Saturday & Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    Looking good for the week on the divide, we shall see.

Cool

This line looks sick! Must've been an absolute blast

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post
    Nailed it in the park on Saturday. but we skied a line that was protected from the wind. I don't envy the other 2 parties that had to ski after us though...

Snowing in Leadville!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Winter Weather Advisory for the Divide and north till tomorrow AM. Then more heavy snow Fri-Sat. Looking like a nice cycle!

Anyone have eyes or beta on the La Sals recently? Planning a day out there next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by turbomike15 View Post

The shaft? We saw you and decided to head up to the glacier instead of climbing up right behind ya. How was the snow? And what time did you summit approx? Mostly bulletproof up there but found a decent little vein of soft(ish)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anyone have eyes or beta on the La Sals recently? Planning a day out there next weekend.
    Looked like great coverage on north facing terrain from my vantage point coming eastbound on 70 while returning to CO from Escalante

Quote Originally Posted by mdblows View Post
    Looked like great coverage on north facing terrain from my vantage point coming eastbound on 70 while returning to CO from Escalante
    Thanks. CalTopo satellite can be hit or miss. Most the lines we're looking at are NW-NE.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

A-Basin Forecast is looking solid and Iíve got 2 days to burn on my silverton pass... thinking of heading up for thurs/Friday. Anyone want to meet up?

San Juan Spring Stoke:

Last edited by treewell-dweller; 04-15-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Doesn't get better than that in Colorado. Thanks for the reminder I am slacking. San Juans rule

Planning to pull the camper to fruita on Friday. Weather has me nervous. Don't want to end up a "boat" picture on Georgetown hill.

Pulling a hardside camper on sketchy roads is not my idea of fun, not sure if we're gonna bail.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Running Desert Rats in Fruita Danno? I'm in for the half on Sunday -- then touring La Sals on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Planning to pull the camper to fruita on Friday. Weather has me nervous. Don't want to end up a "boat" picture on Georgetown hill.

Pulling a hardside camper on sketchy roads is not my idea of fun, not sure if we're gonna bail.
    Not looking good for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by treewell-dweller View Post
    A-Basin Forecast is looking solid and I’ve got 2 days to burn on my silverton pass... thinking of heading up for thurs/Friday. Anyone want to meet up?

San Juan Spring Stoke:
    Attachment 371503Attachment 371504Attachment 371505Attachment 371506

That looks awesome! I've got a few A-Basin days on my Mtn Collective that I need to use this season and I am hoping to get up tomorrow morning... but probably Loveland as I'm only in for an hour or two before needing to be back to shredding my workstation.

Just... don't fuck it up, and you'll be fine.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Weather in the desert looks great. I'm guessing you will not be the only one. You only live once. Stay right and put the hazards on if needed.

Disregard and stay home if you are a bad driving that doesn't have much experience with trailers. Somebody else will take your spot.

pulling a travel trailer with an underpowered over loaded car/truck on 70 in a snow storm is the new "thing"

I have a fair amount of experience pulling the camper, but that's a handful of camping trips every year for the past 9 years, and admittedly very little experience pulling it on snow packed roads. I don't mind going slow and putting the hazards on, but only if that's for a short section. Don't want a 5 hour drive to be a 12 hour white knuckle affair.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

I have a fair amount of experience pulling the camper, but that's a handful of camping trips every year for the past 9 years, and admittedly very little experience pulling it on snow packed roads. I don't mind going slow and putting the hazards on, but only if that's for a short section. Don't want a 5 hour drive to be a 12 hour white knuckle affair.
    Iím not sure that itíll be as bad as you are expecting. Hasnít even been sticking to the roads in Summit. Once you get over Loveland and Vail pass youíll be home free.
    This is also a good reason to store your camper on the western slope.