Page 1513 of 1523 FirstFirst ... 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 ... LastLast
Results 37,801 to 37,825 of 38071
  1. #37801
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    This is great stuff. Yeah, Breck specific. We'll be at a conference and I need to host a little get together after the sessions. BBQ is a good idea. Someone is asking for pizza, which I'm against, but just in case if there is a good pizza place let me know.

    It's probably mostly about the drinks, and I've got that handled of course. Maybe they won't remember the food.

    Thanks all. Glad I asked. Any other ideas keep them coming.
    Giampietros for pizza and all things Italian in Breck.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #37802
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Himalayan place in Frisco is great, but might be only carryout still.
    Love that place. We ate there a few weeks ago and they stopped seating people at about 7:30pm. lol. I'm also a big fan of Masala and Curry in Glenwood.
    Old's Cool.

  3. #37803
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,226
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I like to write poetry in aspiring places
    I am enjoying this typo.

  4. #37804
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by miserywhip View Post
    Really? I've been twice (I'm a slow learner) and each time it seemed they had forgotten to add spice/sauce. Exceedingly bland. Off day(s)?
    You're not wrong. But she'll hook you up if you ask for it spicy and then it's pretty good (though there is better out there for sure).

    The Thai place in Gunny is exceptional. The new Thai place in Cb is better than average (same owners as the one in Ouray).

  5. #37805
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,594
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    <snip>
    The Thai place in Gunny is exceptional.

  6. #37806
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    4,562
    ^^^ Your Seinfeld reference is quite apt. She's like the soup nazi. She might be open, she might not. She goes back to Thailand for months at a time. There is no website. Originally she was serving out the back door of a bar that was completely closed. Legit.

  7. #37807
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    10,594
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ^^^ Your Seinfeld reference is quite apt. She's like the soup nazi. She might be open, she might not. She goes back to Thailand for months at a time. There is no website. Originally she was serving out the back door of a bar that was completely closed. Legit.
    Is it this joint??

    Patcharee's Kitchen

  8. #37808
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    4,562
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is it this joint??

    Patcharee's Kitchen
    That's it! And if you just googled it, you probably found her facebook page, which I think is set up as a personal page, and sure enough it says she's closed but open tomorrow, ha. So good when you can get it.

  9. #37809
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,449
    The Thai place in Poncha gets rave reviews from my friends but I thought that it was kinda mediocre. I need better friends.

  10. #37810
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,918
    I've been patiently waiting for the new "Mount Golian" place going in next to Elevation on main st here in Breck. They built a bunch of hype in the summit daily and said they'd be open this summer but still not. Some good mongolian food would be sweet.

  11. #37811
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,857
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I've been patiently waiting for the new "Mount Golian" place going in next to Elevation on main st here in Breck. They built a bunch of hype in the summit daily and said they'd be open this summer but still not. Some good mongolian food would be sweet.
    No just no but you never no

  12. #37812
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    3,491

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ^^^ Your Seinfeld reference is quite apt. She's like the soup nazi. She might be open, she might not. She goes back to Thailand for months at a time. There is no website. Originally she was serving out the back door of a bar that was completely closed. Legit.
    I stand by an earlier comment, I think its the best restaurant in Gunnison, when its open of course.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  13. #37813
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,449
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I stand by an earlier comment, I think its the best restaurant in Gunnison, when its open of course.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

    Best Mexican in Gunnison? We had a blast at El Paraiso. Don't know if they were the best but their margs had flaming limes in them and our drunks asses thought that was pretty cool so drank way too many of them. No we go every time I pass through.

    Powerstop and The Dive are two other non Mexican joints that we enjoy. How's Garlic Mike's ?

  14. #37814
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Best Mexican in Gunnison?
    Anejo is good. It's right across the street from El Paraiso.
    Old's Cool.

  15. #37815
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Best Mexican in Gunnison? We had a blast at El Paraiso. Don't know if they were the best but their margs had flaming limes in them and our drunks asses thought that was pretty cool so drank way too many of them. No we go every time I pass through.

    Powerstop and The Dive are two other non Mexican joints that we enjoy. How's Garlic Mike's ?
    I think out of all the Mexican joints in town I like El Paraiso best, although some of my friends like Anejos better - I suppose itís a matter of taste.
    A burger at Powerstop is hard to beat. The Dive is good but a little over priced. I think Garlic Mikes is pretty over rated (I may get voted out of Gunnison for that). If you want higher end Blackstock is pretty damn tasty.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  16. #37816
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    cordova,AK
    Posts
    3,337
    The grab and go food at the grocery hardware place in Poncha Springs is actually good. Went in to get a cold drink. The women making the food was putting it out. Spoke highly of the quality so I bought. Burrito was great, rice some shredded pork and kimchi she had made there.
    off your knees Louie

  17. #37817
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,360
    I prefer Anejos, but their seating arrangement sucks, esp at the bar. And agree on Masala & Curry place in G-Wood, it's a must-stop for me every time now.

    PSA- Steamboat doesn't get any prettier than right now, and the trails are tacky AF. Get here now, this is the week.

  18. #37818
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    ^^^ Your Seinfeld reference is quite apt. She's like the soup nazi. She might be open, she might not. She goes back to Thailand for months at a time. There is no website. Originally she was serving out the back door of a bar that was completely closed. Legit.
    Sounds like a great Thai place that used to be open in Virginia. Ran by a women and her brother I think, out of an old general store or something. Very good, people would drive 2-3 hours to get take out. Her phone was always ringing off the hook, she'd answer "We closed honey" and hang up. She would argue with people over what they should order, turn people away, etc.

  19. #37819
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,460
    Best strip club in the mountains? Oh wait there are none. Best escort service? Best underground swingers scene?

  20. #37820
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,774
    Anything worth eating in Rifle? My favorite polish place (Polanka, originally from GWS closed), and Shooters went belly up.

    For serious.

    Also, is that taco stand still open in Oak Creek?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  21. #37821
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,774
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Best strip club in the mountains? Oh wait there are none. Best escort service? Best underground swingers scene?
    Timberidge, call concierge, Swingletree.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  22. #37822
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    3,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I prefer Anejos, but their seating arrangement sucks, esp at the bar. And agree on Masala & Curry place in G-Wood, it's a must-stop for me every time now.

    PSA- Steamboat doesn't get any prettier than right now, and the trails are tacky AF. Get here now, this is the week.
    See some prefer Anejos, some prefer El P

    Of course Steamboat is all time right now, I will be there next week after itís all over.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  23. #37823
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,774
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    See some prefer Anejos, some prefer El P

    Of course Steamboat is all time right now, I will be there next week after it’s all over.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Toponas is the new 'boat.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  24. #37824
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not in the PRB
    Posts
    29,506
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

    Also, is that taco stand still open in Oak Creek?
    Closed till Memorial Day.

    But some good meats can be had at Donato's if you time your weekend right.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  25. #37825
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Closed till Memorial Day.

    But some good meats can be had at Donato's if you time your weekend right.
    I don't do weekends, sorry.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •