Page 1288 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... LastLast
Results 32,176 to 32,200 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post

This is a damn fine place to live as a skier, less so as a snow lover, but that doesn't negate the first point.

Times like this, just hike the bowl.
    Meet a Shredbetty on the hike up.

Found some good powder in Reso Bowl trees at Copper. Just tread reeeeeeaaaallly lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Times like this, just hike the bowl.
    Meet a Shredbetty on the hike up.
    I was actually up at Highlands today. No bowl laps, looks like it needs another 4-6 feet of snow to fall before it's worth venturing into. You all are far more comfortable than me skiing so close to the ground. I've never skied anywhere with so little cover before. Every single turn I feel like I'm about to Schumacher myself into some rocks.

Great terrain, but holy shit, the lack of snow cover is scary. I mean, I have the core shots to prove I'm skiing off piste, but as someone who was formally a firm adherent of the 80" mid-mountain base rule for off-piste skiing, it's eye opening. Far more reminiscent of New England skiing than western skiing.

I'll just get a lot better at skiing at 2/3-3/4 speed. I can't ever foresee there being enough cover for me to feel comfortable opening it up here. Need some skis with a shorter turning radius.

30” and go seems to be the rule. Call out the rocks on the way down to help your buds.

Hope you don’t blow out on a rock/log//stump in fresh snow.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Found some good powder in Reso Bowl trees at Copper. Just tread reeeeeeaaaallly lightly
    Jeezus, man... they're reporting a 25" base. NFW I'd go in those trees right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I was actually up at Highlands today. No bowl laps, looks like it needs another 4-6 feet of snow to fall before it's worth venturing into. .
    C'mon man. Now is the time to go cos you can see the rocks, after next storm you'll just hit them.

Did a couple laps in Full Curl yesterday - it was good and didn't hit a thing.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Jeezus, man... they're reporting a 25" base. NFW I'd go in those trees right now.
    It was better than 25” in there since a lot of snow blows off the ridge above into the bowl but yeah, I kept it very, very mellow and close to the trails.

My rule has always been "If it's open I'll ski it". That rule is getting tested a lot lately. I was skiing a lot of dirt mixed with snow yesterday. Reminds me of the cheap Kroger brand chocolate ice cream. Wife is a champ, she'll follow me anywhere.
    I think I'm more scared of the twigs sticking up and grabbing my ski than the rocks. Most of those rocks are pretty dull from many years of being hit.

Skied breck on Saturday, contest/horseshoe bowl was decent, the exit out of the Burn was full on dirt side slipping, and the bottom of southern cross was a nice mix of dirt and ice, I can't imagine that stuff will stay open given the forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I am fairly new to Colorado and do not know who the BC ski gods are.
    Not me. I'm just some guy.

Buy curious why thus Maurice guy should give a shit about what Adrenalated thinks about his ski choices.
    He probably doesn't, and that's fine, because that wasn't really what the conversation was about. There was already a shared understanding that he had made a serious mistake that nearly cost him his life.
    We simply unpacked the incident and I attempted to provide him with some perspective. I didn't change his mentality from one of reckless indifference to one that will allow him to come home safely every time he rides in the backcountry, he was already on that path. I merely helped him recalibrate a bit and provided some perspective that he may not have considered before.

I joined that Facebook group as I was curious to see what people are skiing around the state. All I see is a bunch of experts talking about the snowpack and what other people should do.
    It's Facebook, so yeah, pretty much. I rarely post in that group.

In the end backcountry skiing is about making your own choices.
    Absolutely. However it's also important to realize that your choices affect others, and there is a difference between a high risk tolerance and wanton and reckless disregard for your own and others safety.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Cause Adrenalated is pretty respected in front range ski and avy community
    Debatable.

and is never a holier than thou dick.
    WRONG

Except when it comes to bootpacking the Ridge.
    Are they ever going to start bootlicking that fucker?

I heard they hired Ken to single-man bootpack the entire Ridge starting in March.

I heard they hired Ken to single-man bootpack the entire Ridge starting in March.
    He would do it too.

Ken was certainly firing on all cylinders yesterday on the steeps, particularly considering his current lack of a knee.

At this point, I would be happy with any control work whatsoever on the ridge. It was actually a bit spooky standing at the top of ptarmigan lift, considering how close that slide on Super Bowl got to the top of the lift last year when it finally went.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Game day. Battle to save our snow pack. Go Bucks (ugh)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Game day. Battle to save our snow pack. Go Bucks (ugh)
    ^ this. As much as it hurts to say it, “Go Buckeyes!” This lack of snow needs to end.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Fuck you Bama!!!

LET'S GO BUCKS!!

Trey Sermon, Justin Fields and Chris Olave are going to win the game tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Stick a fork in it, we've got a Bama winter on our hands.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Cut that shit out

DeVonta Smith = La Niña
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

I just looked at the score. 35 to 17?!?! Fuck.

I really wanted to ski actual snow this year.

Dammit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

52-24. The Colorado winter is getting drier and drier. Will someone expose the damn corruption in that program? There have to be NCAA violations.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Not me. I'm just some guy.

He probably doesn't, and that's fine, because that wasn't really what the conversation was about. There was already a shared understanding that he had made a serious mistake that nearly cost him his life.
    We simply unpacked the incident and I attempted to provide him with some perspective. I didn't change his mentality from one of reckless indifference to one that will allow him to come home safely every time he rides in the backcountry, he was already on that path. I merely helped him recalibrate a bit and provided some perspective that he may not have considered before.

It's Facebook, so yeah, pretty much. I rarely post in that group.

Absolutely. However it's also important to realize that your choices affect others, and there is a difference between a high risk tolerance and wanton and reckless disregard for your own and others safety.

Debatable.

WRONG

Are they ever going to start bootlicking that fucker?
    thank's for the response. I was just curious. I am a somewhat old school and am a little amazed about how people think their phone and social media will make them an educated backcountry skier.
    off your knees Louie

Nope

Ohio won that game, by a lot!
    Just because the media or some crisis actors on here will say Bama won, are you gonna let them dictate who won? True Coloradiots gonna take the NCAA title back if we have to storm the NCAA headquarters!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

ROLL TIDE BITCHES!!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL