Page 1287 of 1653 FirstFirst ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... LastLast
Results 32,151 to 32,175 of 41302
    About 1/128” of new snow today - FKNA

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

The individual in question has been posting many hyper agro (for conditions) vids and pics and responds to all criticism with "but muh risk tolerance!!!!" and the usual "I got it all figured out you couch critics don't even know" BS.
    Honestly a pretty boring (overall, not for conditions) face for him to be such a tough guy about it. It's not like he almost had a coveted first descent or something...

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    A friend who likes to skate frozen lakes gave that a new name: "nuisance snow".

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Tomorrow, the Breck and Loveland alpine will be 3/8” of windbuff goodness!

Actually had some fun XC skiing today in the woods. That's how and it's gotten. But I didn't hit any rocks!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Tomorrow, the Breck and Loveland alpine will be 3/8” of windbuff goodness!
    That should open up Chair 4 and South “Chutes”

More of the same at Silverton today, but 4 Snags -> Colorado was sneaky good. A few drop friendly lines were in , powdery airtime didn’t suck l

When it's bony, nuisance snow is a great name for that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Adrenalated was great. Hopefully it gets through. Sometimes a near miss is a wakeup call.

The individual in question has been posting many hyper agro (for conditions) vids and pics and responds to all criticism with "but muh risk tolerance!!!!" and the usual "I got it all figured out you couch critics don't even know" BS. The video this individual posted on FB of this avalanche starts with them booting up the ridge drinking Coors Light while they hike with an intensely annoying soundtrack follow by cutting out a chunk of cornice to "control" the slope.
    I just had an hour long video conversation with him and while the proof will be in his decision making going forward, it did feel like he was receptive, has learned a lot, and has a better mentality going forward and a better understanding of why he shouldn't be fucking with persistent slabs on terrain like this. Appreciate the kind words from you and Danno - I saw an opportunity to reach a kind of user that is usually very difficult to reach, and maybe it landed.

iS tHe PaNo oPeN?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

^^ yep....loooooong lines

skipped and went old school fixed

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I just had an hour long video conversation with him and while the proof will be in his decision making going forward, it did feel like he was receptive, has learned a lot, and has a better mentality going forward and a better understanding of why he shouldn't be fucking with persistent slabs on terrain like this. Appreciate the kind words from you and Danno - I saw an opportunity to reach a kind of user that is usually very difficult to reach, and maybe it landed.
    Call me impressed. Good work!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^^^ Haha, I've seen the lines. I've worked here for 18 years, the fixation folks have with that lift is amusing to say the least. I miss the Timberline and backside Parsenn, pre-Eagle Wind.

Pano gets tracked out so fast because of all that craziness. There's snow in the MJ trees for days after a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioIglesias View Post
    ^^^ Haha, I've seen the lines. I've worked here for 18 years, the fixation folks have with that lift is amusing to say the least. I miss the Timberline and backside Parsenn, pre-Eagle Wind.

User friendly pitch. Anyone can get get up to the high alpine and feel comfy on the way down with that lift so people flock to it. Makes sense. Also, such a high percentage of MJ is bumped that people tend to congregate where it’s a little less bumped and Pano fits that bill to an extent. Result: stupid long lines.

Is it ever going to snow? There was more snow in my yard in mid-November for fucks' sake.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Is it ever going to snow? There was more snow in my yard in mid-November for fucks' sake.
    No. Moose out front at the gate should have told ya.

But like an Alzheimer's patient, I returned anyway. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

At least with the mask requirements this year I don't have to slather my face in sunscreen to go skiing. That is definitely a big positive.

It’s a nice day. Go skiing.

You’d have to go way north to find much better and you better go soon, because it’s going to rain to the top there soon.

On my way out the door to do just that. Go skiing, that is.

Considering the weather (or lack thereof), the skiing is still pretty darn good here.

On my way out the door to do just that. Go skiing, that is.

Considering the weather (or lack thereof), the skiing is still pretty darn good here.
    Yeah I've actually been finding some decent snow in what's open off of 6 chair here in Breck. At least the low sun angle keeps it cold in the shade.

Still, we usually have a pow day "closed til noon" rule for 6"-8"+ days at my work, which have yet to have one this season.

Last time I lived here, I couldn't afford to buy a full season pass, and it made me grumpy as fuck. This time around, I threw down for the Premier, and it's been worth every penny.

This is a damn fine place to live as a skier, less so as a snow lover, but that doesn't negate the first point.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Hey man, good on you and thanks. That's really awesome that you were able to connect and it's great to hear that this incident might have knocked some humility into ol Maurice. I really appreciate you reaching out and taking the time to talk to him. I think it will go a long way and permeate throughout his crew.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

I am fairly new to Colorado and do not know who the BC ski gods are. Buy curious why thus Maurice guy should give a shit about what Adrenalated thinks about his ski choices. I joined that Facebook group as I was curious to see what people are skiing around the state. All I see is a bunch of experts talking about the snowpack and what other people should do. In the end backcountry skiing is about making your own choices.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I am fairly new to Colorado and do not know who the BC ski gods are. Buy curious why thus Maurice guy should give a shit about what Adrenalated thinks about his ski choices. I joined that Facebook group as I was curious to see what people are skiing around the state. All I see is a bunch of experts talking about the snowpack and what other people should do. In the end backcountry skiing is about making your own choices.
    You are assuming everyone isn’t a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Cause Adrenalated is pretty respected in front range ski and avy community and is never a holier than thou dick.

Except when it comes to bootpacking the Ridge.