Page 1344 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 ... LastLast
Results 33,576 to 33,600 of 41250
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    If you are really arguing over whether Monarch or Eldora is better, you probably play golf at municipal courses, drive a Chevy cavalier, and listen to Winger.
    FFS. I made a joke. And people corrected my joke.

Of course Monarch is better. It has WAY better snow, WAY better weather, isn't overrun with FRangers (which has lots of "makes it better" facets to it), and has Mirkwood. Oh, and better management. And better bloody marys, forgot to mention that one before.

That said, if you subtract Mirkwood, is there really an argument that non-hike to terrain at Monarch is better? Assuming the same snow (which is a hudge assumption, that's part of the joke)? If so, I'd love to hear about it, because it means I have missed some good stuff at Monarch. Because my joke was entirely based off the fact that the terrain isn't better absent hike-to terrain.

All the little ski areas have their charm, even Eldora. But making jokes about another small area being similar to Eldora is serious bizness, apparently.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If you are really arguing over whether Monarch or Eldora is better, you probably play golf at municipal courses, drive a Chevy cavalier, and listen to Winger. Just sayin. NTTATWWT.

But I like em both.
    You like Winger and municipal golf courses?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    No, but I used to own a Chevy Cavalier. A wagon no less. Jealous?

I mean they had a few good so......er um...

No. Because I’m not arguing about it. It is a stupid argument. Go skiing you fucking nerds.

Danno, non of this is directed specifically at you so settle down. Jump in the old Cavalier and head on down to Park Hill for a nice 9 holes.

Danno, non of this is directed specifically at you so settle down. Jump in the old Cavalier and head on down to Park Hill for a nice 9 holes.
    Dude, come on. Overland Park is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    No, but I used to own a Chevy Cavalier. A wagon no less. Jealous?
    Naw. I had a couple shitbox Tercels back in the day. Used to climb the Georgetown on the shoulder while semi's passed me.

Jump in the old Cavalier and head on down to Park Hill for a nice 9 holes.
    Obviously, I'm not a golfer.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

heat is getting to everyone?
    don't worry only 6 more weeks of winter

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If tele skiers golf, do they use a length of hose between the head and the grip of the club instead of a metal shaft? Or do they just kneel while they swing?

Curious.

Big storm rolling in tomorrow night. I’m calling 8” on The Divide.

At least you are housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    If tele skiers golf, do they use a length of hose between the head and the grip of the club instead of a metal shaft? Or do they just kneel while they swing?

Curious.
    We just swing our dicks. Painful AND ineffective.

We just swing our dicks. Painful AND ineffective.
    Well this thread has taken an interesting turn. In spite of not skiing at Eldora in 20 years, I am quite certain that Monarch is better than Eldora in every way (other than proximity to the front range), so there's my $.02. A ski-off would settle the matter.

I like muni golf just as much as fancy pants golf. Here's the very best one, where I played just a couple of years ago: https://www.aacounty.org/locations-a...er-golf-course

BTW, I noticed I have an extra lift ticket from my Loveland 4 pack. Come and take it from my hand on Friday (plus a beer).
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I'm just here to say fuck Eldora *and* fuck golf.

One of these years you'll have to come ski with me at Eldo, I guarantee you'll have more fun than you expected.

Man, tough crowd here.
    You new here?

One of these years you'll have to come ski with me at Eldo, I guarantee you'll have more fun than you expected.
    One of the years you'll have to come play golf with me, I guarantee you'll have ...

Never mind. It's golf. Who has 5 hours to play a game without gravity or defenders?

One of the years you'll have to come play golf with me, I guarantee you'll have ...

Never mind. It's golf. Who has 5 hours to play a game without gravity or defenders?
    Five? Try 6 at least on the weekends. Ugh.

I imagine I could have fun skiing at eldora since skiing is pretty fun. never been and idk that I ever will to be honest though. golf is fun too, have spent the afternoon looking at drivers since going skiing today just doesn't seem too appealing without nice weather or new snow. copper was fun yesterday but even then things like barely got fully soft, maybe due to a steady breeze.

I'll take you up on that. And even when I *do* enjoy it, I'll not admit to it.

Seriously. Skiing Eldora is several orders of magnitude better than golf. And I fuckin' HATE Eldora.

I'm a fucking rebel......... I've skied Eldora AND played golf on the same day!!!

Wife and I skied Monarch last week.

Conditions were great, a little wind in the morning but not bad. I dont agree that they dont have much steep terrain. Plenty of decent pitched stuff if you are willing/able to ski moguls. (not a commentary on anything specifically stated in this thread).
    continuous runs. Not all busted up by transitions and catwalks.

Plus one of the best bloody mary's Ive had, at their pub, I have had since moving to CO a decade ago.

Nice glades too. Will head back there next year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I'm a fucking rebel......... I've skied Eldora AND played golf on the same day!!!
    I don't think that makes you a "rebel"...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    I wonder if they'd let us on the lift with clubs. We could play from the top of corona down to the slow sign at the lift base, big dogleg down west ridge. I'm in if you can get them to let us do that. In skis. Say it's for charity.