Page 1498 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... LastLast
Results 37,426 to 37,450 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I mean, I was stupid enough to leave Utah and move back to Colorado...I think ASmileyFace might have even done the same thing?
    Might account for the similar delusional dreams, eh?

CO mags

Gonna be in Beaver Creek Saturday PM through Thursday AM, staying in the beav village, I think the Pines Lodge? (gf's work trip). Working during the week, but will have time to ride in the evenings (and sat pm/all day sunday). Also have access to free bike haul at Beav or Vail.

Thoughts for some after work rides? We were in Vail last August and I did bike park laps -> grand traverse -> cougar ridge and loved it, probably will take the GF on that Sunday unless there's a better option. Should we look into descending game creek or two elk instead?

I'll have a car and am not opposed to bus shuttles. Should have from 4PM through whenever to ride each afternoon. Ideally rides that aren't too hot as the main thing I'm looking forward to on this trip is not being in 100 degree SLC. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    CO mags

Gonna be in Beaver Creek Saturday PM through Thursday AM, staying in the beav village, I think the Pines Lodge? (gf's work trip). Working during the week, but will have time to ride in the evenings (and sat pm/all day sunday). Also have access to free bike haul at Beav or Vail.

Thoughts for some after work rides? We were in Vail last August and I did bike park laps -> grand traverse -> cougar ridge and loved it, probably will take the GF on that Sunday unless there's a better option. Should we look into descending game creek or two elk instead?

I'll have a car and am not opposed to bus shuttles. Should have from 4PM through whenever to ride each afternoon. Ideally rides that aren't too hot as the main thing I'm looking forward to on this trip is not being in 100 degree SLC. Thanks!
    Go do the Meadow Mountain/Whisky Creek/Everkrisp loop - it's fun.

Also - make sure to hit Pauly's Plunge at the Beav and also Lee's Way Down across the highway. Do Lee's early/later 'cause it's south facing and gets brutalized by the mid-day sun.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I mean, I was stupid enough to leave Utah and move back to Colorado...I think ASmileyFace might have even done the same thing?
    lol yup. Spent two winters in Utah in which it totaled just under 1000" of snow... and I think I've seen maybe 1000 inches of snow total in my other 9+ years combined in the San Juans lol.

Last night's storm went South of us, but the previous night was crazy. Last night was still a good light show though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220728-161035.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	863.2 KB 
ID:	422654

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

CO mags

I always enjoy Radio Flyer to Big Mamba to Hanks or Mane Lane on the frontside of Vail. Repeat till ready to go back to the Grand Traverse and Cougar Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Don't encourage him.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I had a dream last night that it never stopped raining and instead just turned into daily snows come November. It was a really nice dream.
    Bluebird every morning, snow moves in around 2-3pm, get 6-12 every night, then bluebird again the next morning. That's a groundhog's day that I could get on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bluebird every morning, snow moves in around 2-3pm, get 6-12 every night, then bluebird again the next morning. That's a groundhog's day that I could get on board with.
    Can we make every 3rd day just a full on graybird nukefest while we are at it?

Fuck, summer is way too long.

I effing love early summer mornings in the mountains so damn much. Summer goes too fast up high…the tundra will be turning within 3-4 weeks.

Skunkweed already browning here. Mules ears are gone, berries starting to pop. It's so green. It's awesome. Reminds me of the 90s.

Looks like we'll be spending this weekend in Aspen before heading to Beaver Creek Sunday night. Best trail rides in that area? Looks like Rim Trail at Snowmass?

Looks like we'll be spending this weekend in Aspen before heading to Beaver Creek Sunday night. Best trail rides in that area? Looks like Rim Trail at Snowmass?
    Rim, 7 Star & Sky Mountain are nice early. They’re a little hot and dry for my taste later.
    I like Government, Tom Blake, Anaerobic Nightmare area for when it’s over 70.

Belly Up has a Dead cover band Saturday night, $10.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 07-29-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Name:	Image1659120441.449176.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	845.1 KB 
ID:	422677

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post

Name:	Image1659120441.449176.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	845.1 KB 
ID:	422677

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    September 22nd sounds ambitious.

Tacky MTB in Nederland today before very noisy tstorms blew up above the Indian Peaks. Wildflowers are going crazy.

Name:	IMG_4599.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	233.3 KB 
ID:	422684

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    September 22nd sounds ambitious.
    That's probably when they start hooking up all the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Rim, 7 Star & Sky Mountain are nice early. They’re a little hot and dry for my taste later.
    3cm of rain last night in Snowmass.

Took the dogs out early on a paved MUT, then hit Rim about 9.

Money.

Name:	IMG_1510.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	422919

Copper’s summer park looking primo:

Name:	IMG_4544.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	267.0 KB 
ID:	422921

All the groms in camp I've talked to in the shop have been stoked on the setup there! Also stoked copper has like a 5 year plan to make a rad bike park, which we need in summit (keystone doesn't count since they don't care to maintain it)

So much rain last night, had enough to the last couple days to keep it from drying out at all during the day. Mushrooms are really starting to pop a lot like they did last summer.

It looks awesome.
    I was mtn biking Copper for the first time. Sure it’s tame but there’s some fun stuff, you can access the CO trail and they’re building some new trails…upper part of Gopher is brand new and fun and will be even better when they finish. Lots of berms.

Woodward brought all of Coppers trail crew over to Snowmass, so they could see how Gravity Logic builds trails.

All young kids, they were stoked.

Woodward brought all of Coppers trail crew over to Snowmass, so they could see how Gravity Logic builds trails.

if it's anything like what snowmass has been doing, we're in for a treat.

Damn, if Woodward gets into the DH business, that could be really cool for Copper. I have some friends would were builders/maintenance there for a long time and they were just doing tourist trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Damn, if Woodward gets into the DH business, that could be really cool for Copper. I have some friends would were builders/maintenance there for a long time and they were just doing tourist trails.
    I’m guessing they’re headed that way. Seems like a natural fit.