Page 973 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 ... LastLast
Results 24,301 to 24,325 of 41250
    Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwillie View Post
    The Beavers at ABasin skied very well today. The hike out seems to be an effective crowd deterrent and the traverse isn't a total death track yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Is the whole Beavers area now open, other than the Steep Gullies?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    The Super Gay
    Bird Fart
    Whistledick
    You forgot Wanker Park.
    I like the official names, but a vulgar version works too.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is the whole Beavers area now open, other than the Steep Gullies?
    Not yet. Limited terrain
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

If you want rope drops and eagle wind, today is the day. The marketing push is real. The not ready to open stuff will open...I'm told.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If you want rope drops and eagle wind, today is the day. The marketing push is real. The not ready to open stuff will open...I'm told.
    ^^^ sig worthy ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

anyone been up to check out cadillac since the last storm? wondering how the new snow is binding to the bed surface after it slid around new years... or if there is any snow on it after the N winds....

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    anyone been up to check out cadillac since the last storm? wondering how the new snow is binding to the bed surface after it slid around new years... or if there is any snow on it after the N winds....
    I was up there Sunday. Some snow, maybe skiable, but not great. We decided to ski back down the S side.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I was up there Sunday. Some snow, maybe skiable, but not great. We decided to ski back down the S side.
    Thanks for the beta. How did the S side ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Thanks for the beta. How did the S side ski?
    Skied late in the day and it was sunny all day. So a little crust on top, but in the trees was nice, but you gotta watch out for all the little property and NFS signs back there. I swear I'll impale myself on one of them someday.

Death star in full force today, and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. But still not enough to burn the surface hoar off N thru E aspects before it's supposed to snow

On the 7th the normal entrance was dust on rocks/dirt. The lower 1/3 of the run was <40cm facets over rocks/baby trees.

Fun fact: on a good day it takes about 6 hours, 911 call to ambulance, to rescue someone 1/4 of the way down caddy. Make sure you carry clothing/gear for an overnight every day even on "easy" runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Has anyone been up around Janet’s cabin this season?

I got invited to join a group up there a couple weeks from now. I am a little embarrassed to say that I’ve never actually been up there. Looks like there should be some decent touring options. Any beta is appreciated.

I realize I can research some of this online but figured I’d ask the TGR collective given the wealth of knowledge around here

I've only been once, but yeah, some good skiing there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Again Joel says 5-10 for the I70 corridor this weekend and NWS says no way Jose. All the models look like the lower end of that .

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Has anyone been up around Janet’s cabin this season?

I got invited to join a group up there a couple weeks from now. I am a little embarrassed to say that I’ve never actually been up there. Looks like there should be some decent touring options. Any beta is appreciated.

I realize I can research some of this online but figured I’d ask the TGR collective given the wealth of knowledge around here
    Janet's has plenty of low angle meadow-skipping around the hut. Which is probably all that will be in anyway. Avy conditions are less than optimal in that general area, or CO in general for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Fun fact: on a good day it takes about 6 hours, 911 call to ambulance, to rescue someone 1/4 of the way down caddy. Make sure you carry clothing/gear for an overnight every day even on "easy" runs.
    Damn, personal experience? It's a good point. I always tour with enough gear to get through a night. Never know when someone is gonna get hurt and not be able to make it out.

Damn, personal experience? It's a good point. I always tour with enough gear to get through a night. Never know when someone is gonna get hurt and not be able to make it out.
    Neither I nor my partners were rescued

But yea, thought it was a good reminder

Jebus Saves!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    SCRG Saves!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Again Joel says 5-10 for the I70 corridor this weekend and NWS says no way Jose. All the models look like the lower end of that .
    They’re showing 1-3 Saturday night and 1-3 Sunday for the Summit area. Hopefully the wind changes like they say and it works out.

Storm’s a bust. Everyone should stay in Denver and enjoy the non-winter. Golf, hike, bike or maybe pull a boat out of the Front Range woods and go fishing.

Two quick PSA's:

1) The Friends of Berthoud Pass on-snow classes are this weekend, expect the summit parking lot to be busy both days. CDOT has been doing a pretty good job plowing the lot on the west side of the road, under Plunge/Lift Gully, might be a good alternative.

2) At 1:30pm both days there will be a demonstration of the Winter Park avalanche rescue dogs near the warming hut. Stop by and check it out if you are around.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Two quick PSA's:

1) The Friends of Berthoud Pass on-snow classes are this weekend, expect the summit parking lot to be busy both days. CDOT has been doing a pretty good job plowing the lot on the west side of the road, under Plunge/Lift Gully, might be a good alternative.

2) At 1:30pm both days there will be a demonstration of the Winter Park avalanche rescue dogs near the warming hut. Stop by and check it out if you are around.
    cool. i wish i could come up... maybe i will. I did promise i would stop sucking this year
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Aspen’s still skiing well, but I’m spending an awful lot of time ripping high speed groomers.

54f this afternoon.