Page 1255 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... LastLast
Results 31,351 to 31,375 of 41256

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

On east side , Fern, Odessa and Spruce Lake areas looked torched. On the west side , North Inlet and Tonahutu Creek are fucked.

Bierstadt Lake is next to go.

Sounds like they're trying to stop the spread East at Bear Lake rd. Map here seems to show the fire has reach the road in one spot with a whole lot of hours to go before the weather changes.

https://www.estesparknews.com/featur...bb6acc7ec.html

The portion of East Troublesome that is in RMNP is now being managed by the same Incident team that has been running the Cameron Peak Fire. Communication has been very good from these guys, and I’ve been impressed with their work, especially as of late. We were able to get back into our place yesterday and the burn was contained about a mile down the road from us. Looking west past Masonville it’s burnt ridge after burnt ridge. Here is the link to this mornings update which are put out twice a day. The team has also been doing in-depth FB live community meetings three days a week.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=399453577893521&_rdr

My heart goes out to all those folks in Estes, today is going to be a long wait. It’s a shitty feeling updating maps/ links and watching it bear down on your home.
    Last edited by jpcmoriarty; 10-24-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Maybe a sliver of good news, the forecasted low temperatures seems to keep dropping. A few days ago it was 20, not its 10. Take what we can get at this point.

It’s feeling like it’s slowing down? Hopefully?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    It’s feeling like it’s slowing down? Hopefully?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Moving toward town again. YMCA of the Rockies area looks to be in trouble.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

Fuck
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Heavy helicopters Flying low and pulling buckets out of Horsetooth. They are reporting an established spot fire just west of Glen Haven.

In RMNP Fire still holding west of Bear Creek Rd
    Split into two fingers, one running down Mill Creek Drainage, other along big Thompson.

Starting to snow up at red feather lakes

Good Updates coming from FB page quoted above and Canyon Lakes Ranger RD twitter feed

Is this the drainage that was burned after it went over the Divide? View south from Trail Ridge:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB87AC2F-439A-4DFF-8726-8C1E500F5A9E.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	344738

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If you own a second home up by the ski area, you while about the smoke an refer to the people affected by the fire as "those people in Granby and Grand Lake", you are an insensitive asshole. I won't forget. Sorry your new Audi has some ash on it.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/sheri...ublesome-fire/
    I've know Lyle and Marilyn since I was 22 years old. The world needs more people like them.

This fire is going to be with us for a long time. At this point, it is safe to assume that ski season may be on a bit of a hold. There are so many displaced families that businesses are having a hard time operating. School is closed next week.
    Fuuuck. Vibes to you and other friends and family.

I am just a lurker jong (never post) but this breaks my heart. Hoping that precip get here soon.

6+ down and dumping in the Fort Collins foothills. I hope you guys are getting it over on the Granby side as well

Cross post -Al’s Blog today:

To Summit County Residents
    Like much of the rest of the country, COVID rates are going up in Summit County. Over the last two weeks, Summit's cumulative rate of cases was the 6th highest in Colorado. If this rate doesn't go down over the next two weeks, more severe restrictions will be put in place, hampering our ability to ski, work and enjoy life.

Conventional wisdom tells us that these cases are being brought in by outside tourists. Turns out that is almost completely false. Contact tracing has told us Summit County residents are spreading COVID to other Summit County residents. Nearly all of this is happening through socialization - an evening party, drinks after work, hanging too close with too many people. Many of the transmissions have occurred in the late evening, after partying, when peoples' guards are down. If we want to enjoy winter in Summit County, we are going to have to turn things around quickly. Keep your face coverings on. Maintain your physical distances. Keep your groups small. The time to act is now.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Cross post -Al’s Blog today:

To Summit County Residents
    Like much of the rest of the country, COVID rates are going up in Summit County. Over the last two weeks, Summit's cumulative rate of cases was the 6th highest in Colorado. If this rate doesn't go down over the next two weeks, more severe restrictions will be put in place, hampering our ability to ski, work and enjoy life.

Conventional wisdom tells us that these cases are being brought in by outside tourists. Turns out that is almost completely false. Contact tracing has told us Summit County residents are spreading COVID to other Summit County residents. Nearly all of this is happening through socialization - an evening party, drinks after work, hanging too close with too many people. Many of the transmissions have occurred in the late evening, after partying, when peoples' guards are down. If we want to enjoy winter in Summit County, we are going to have to turn things around quickly. Keep your face coverings on. Maintain your physical distances. Keep your groups small. The time to act is now.
    Yeah gave my friends at Sun Logic a lotta grief, morons flew to Mexico for a fall employee trip and almost all of them got covid from the trip (about 20 employees). They are not ones to not party hard soooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Yeah gave my friends at Sun Logic a lotta grief, morons flew to Mexico for a fall employee trip and almost all of them got covid from the trip (about 20 employees). They are not ones to not party hard soooooo...
    And many flew back to CO while symptomatic.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Did they quarantine? What fucking selfish cunts.

Absolutely dumping here in north Boulder... fingers crossed for epic dumpage in the foothills and mountains for the next 24 hours.

Is this the drainage that was burned after it went over the Divide? View south from Trail Ridge:

No. The mountain left of center with the notable couloir is Cracktop. On the right is Ida. Fire seems to have jumped the divide at Sprague Pass, two drainages to the Southeast.

When I park at the top of Trail Ridge rd to ski off Sundance in the summer that Cracktop Couloir always grabs my attention. Looks like a tough one to get to (Milner Pass?) Anybody skied it?

Yesterday morning the folks in charge of the whole operation were saying they expected the fire to reach Estes and that they would lose some structures. Didn't happen. Reports that the fire reached Bear Lake rd seem to have been incorrect.

Did they quarantine? What fucking selfish cunts.
    Yeah I think they did. Both stores of theirs have been closed since they got back, sign on the door says "closed for inventory"

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

When I park at the top of Trail Ridge rd to ski off Sundance in the summer that Cracktop Couloir always grabs my attention. Looks like a tough one to get to (Milner Pass?) Anybody skied it?
    Yeah, back before sufferfests had a name and the enforcement of bivouac permits was I thing, I spend a lot of time traversing Milner Pass to the South. There used to be a lot more effort put into opening Trail Ridge from the Grand Lake side and we spent a lot more time skiing back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yeah, back before sufferfests had a name and the enforcement of bivouac permits was I thing, I spend a lot of time traversing Milner Pass to the South. There used to be a lot more effort put into opening Trail Ridge from the Grand Lake side and we spent a lot more time skiing back there.
    Sweet. You did it in two days? Did you descend Ida on day one then camp near Highest Lake? Anything else back there that is notably worth skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Sweet. You did it in two days? Did you descend Ida on day one then camp near Highest Lake? Anything else back there that is notably worth skiing?
    That sounds about right but it has been over 20 years. There is tons to ski back there. We used to break all the rules before we even knew there were rules. Nobody cared. You used to be able to car camp in the park with impunity. The last handful of years I've been spending more time up in the Never Summers. There is a lot of true adventure still left out there!

Foggy - great stories, thanks for sharing.

There are a few lines I’ve looked at in the Inlets and genuinely wondered how many tracks they’ve seen. It can’t be many!
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 10-25-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

There are a few lines I’ve looked at in the Inlets and genuinely wondered how many tracks they’ve seen. It can’t be many!
    We will honestly never know. For example, I have a friend of a friends who's Dad has been backcountry skiing in the West side of The Park since the 60s. That guy has been places that I don't even know where they are.

That appears to be the Gorge Lakes drainage. Fire spread into the Spruce Creek drainage a bit to the SE. The fire jumped the divide at Sprague Mtn.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

8-10" so far in Niwot, I heard on the news that Red Feather Lakes has 17" so far. Thanks, Mother Nature.