Page 774 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... LastLast
Results 19,326 to 19,350 of 41294
    I knew after last year's somewhat dissapointing season when I had all the time I wanted to ski, that that this year (the year I leave CO) would be one not to miss.

Lines or no lines, I'd much rather be in CO then here in Chicago atm. Enjoy the pow

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Attachment 175916

Apparantly it's a zoo everywhere.
    Moo mooo

10 minute line, first run up the Pali chair. From then on, it was maybe 90 seconds on the zuma chair. Paying for it on the trip home however (as in I70 bitch thread).
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Attachment 175916

My rain comments certainly didn't work.....and if you're in the back of that line you're most definitely doing it wrong.

I skied the Beav today but in the afternoon and never waited at all. That said, a troller said it was the busiest morning of the year by far. Wife said it was out of the que at Grouse which never happens. Good snow this afternoon still.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Best day of the year for me today, bell to bell hero snow. First run of the day is in the spank bank.

1st chair 1A tomorrow if anyone wants to charge?
    Highland Bowl will be good for weeks.

Blower as fuck in T-ride. Caught prospect lift open and skied absolutely untracked powder for an hour. Snowed fat flakes all day. This week may be all time if this storm continues to deliver.

Feeling some sympathy for you I-70 folks. But checking the cdot app/bitch thread and seeing that shitshow makes me happy to be the the San Juans.

I can't believe that there's a bunch of people in Colorado that go skiing when it snows, I mean seriously these fucking people need to get the fuck out of my fucking way.

Even the syrian refugees don't even wait in lines this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I knew after last year's somewhat dissapointing season when I had all the time I wanted to ski, that that this year (the year I leave CO) would be one not to miss.

Lines or no lines, I'd much rather be in CO then here in Chicago atm. Enjoy the pow
    These are good words, it's all about perspective. Listening to people complain about problems that they themselves are creating gets old real quick, everyone should have a slice of gratitude and perspective pie every morning.

Rode untracked all day with nobody around in RMNP. If the upslope delivers should be a great couple of days up here coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You totally missed out on the saltines and honey at elk elk. JONG.
    Epic meal FTW

Quote Originally Posted by rmnpsplitter View Post
    Rode untracked all day with nobody around in RMNP. If the upslope delivers should be a great couple of days up here coming up!
    Ditto. Found some good snow too.

I skied the Beav today but in the afternoon and never waited at all. That said, a troller said it was the busiest morning of the year by far. Wife said it was out of the que at Grouse which never happens. Good snow this afternoon still.
    Can confirm the morning was a shit show, first tracks through larkspur and down grouse were great, royal elk was completely tracked after 1 run

Quote Originally Posted by mfkracing View Post
    Small flakes but a lot of them at Vail. Skied mostly the frontside. Back was a cluster but skied right on the gondola all afternoon. I did a 4 hour bike ride Yesterday and skied nonstop until now. Devastated. I'm trying to make a meal out someone's cornbread and condiments I may never leave mid vail.
    Impotent Beta: Microwave in wildwood, Free BBQ Sauce for your turkey melt.

Micro # 2 Henrys hut, crappy condiments but lots of meat on grill most days, bring dope, eat well.

The days of the Summit/Grand/Eagle county weekend pow day are gone. It's a pow hour now. Which isn't to say that you can't find good snow all day, I had a great day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The days of the Summit/Grand/Eagle county weekend pow day are gone. It's a pow hour now. Which isn't to say that you can't find good snow all day, I had a great day.
    Been that way for years, at least on the obvious easy to access slopes. I love what Joel does with Opensnow but it seems the sleeper pow days are now a thing of the past as well. The news channel weather monkeys always seemed to miss one or two each year. Last one I had was this weekend about 3 years ago. Had Vail with a foot to ourselves then swung up to Aspen to check out the X games.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GPP33 View Post
    Been that way for years, at least on the obvious easy to access slopes. I love what Joel does with Opensnow but it seems the sleeper pow days are now a thing of the past as well. The news channel weather monkeys always seemed to miss one or two each year. Last one I had was this weekend about 3 years ago. Had Vail with a foot to ourselves then swung up to Aspen to check out the X games.
    Sleeper weekday pow days are still around. Had Vail pretty much all to myself last year with about two feet. They reported 6". Love when that happens. Breck last Monday was insane too. Not deep but untracked surfy pow all day long. I think I had about 6 Tbar laps before a line formed (the 5min line only lasted about an hour - wierd). FWIW, even though Breck was busy today, I heard there was still a ton of untracked at the end of the day.

Holy crap, another 11" on top of 14" from yesterday. This will probably be the best day of the season.

Attachment 175916

Wonder how many Soul 7s are in that line. 200?

Looks like a nice refresher in the right places today. Hopefully fluffier with the colder temps.

Attachment 175916

Well that's insane....

We skied deep, E. Vail laps yesterday and used Chairs 6 -> 10 -> 14 to get up the mountain. Aside from the initial first chair lineup at 6, never hit a lift line on those chairs.
    Old's Cool.

The line got even bigger than that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1454355809.789501.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	176003

I think it would take less time to walk to Beaver Creek than get through that line.

anyone know how long it took to get through that line? An hour? Two?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    anyone know how long it took to get through that line? An hour? Two?
    People are still waiting in that line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.