Page 1300 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 ... LastLast
Results 32,476 to 32,500 of 41291
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I wish. I am back to WW status. After 10 months unemployment, I finally got a job this week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    FKNA, good on yah

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I wish. I am back to WW status. After 10 months unemployment, I finally got a job this week.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Congrats! That must feel good.

Will be at LL tomorrow, really thinking this 1 inch might open up the ridge

Why did all the shit talking between Colorado and Montana skip right over Wyoming?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Why did all the shit talking between Colorado and Montana skip right over Wyoming?

wyoming windy, blew the angst straight into colorado

that and no sprinters outside of jaxson
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Wyoming is basically a buffer between CO and MT. It really shouldn’t even be a state anyway, and would be better off if it were divided up.

- MT would get the Big Horn range down to the Wind Rivers, and then back up to Yellowstone.

- ID would get the Tetons and Wyoming Mtn range.

- UT would get the green river basin.

- CO can have Cheyenne and the coal fields.

And then the leftovers can go to NE or SD.

Oh my fellow maggots I am disappointed. Got my hopes up for this storm cycle at Copper and checked the cam this morning to see another tiny inch. Sigh.

Skiing has been fun - nice terrain and even soft turns, but the deadfall and rocks everywhere is starting to wear on me. I would like to BOMB down some powder and not be tentative. Sigh. I'll still go skiing today, but crack o noon rather than first chairs.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post

Skiing has been fun - nice terrain and even soft turns, but the deadfall and rocks everywhere is starting to wear on me. I would like to BOMB down some powder and not be tentative. Sigh. I'll still go skiing today, but crack o noon rather than first chairs.
    Well said. Although I've been told that you never really get the coverage necessary to ski like that around here. That's what vacations to the Columbias are for.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yep, yesterday was the busiest day I've ever experienced at WC........at least off Alberta Chair. Certainly the product of powder-starved CO skiers and $58 lift tickets on a Sunday. Waited in a handful of 15 minute lift lines.....not too terrible, IMO. That said, I too was finding deep turns until I bailed at 2:45.....whooped. A great day, overall.

I'm headed to Sheepshead Cabin back down that way for Thursday - Sunday.....looks like great timing for deep snow braaaping and skiing.

I believe it's around ~45" base depth to open parts of the Headwall and main North Face, but goldenboy can certainly better answer that. There's a difference between a 45" settled base depth in December and that same depth in late January that's mostly facet snow.
    for $100 i will save you a parking spot at Park Creek.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Wyoming is basically a buffer between CO and MT. It really shouldn’t even be a state anyway, and would be better off if it were divided up.

- MT would get the Big Horn range down to the Wind Rivers, and then back up to Yellowstone.

- ID would get the Tetons and Wyoming Mtn range.

- UT would get the green river basin.

- CO can have Cheyenne and the coal fields.

And then the leftovers can go to NE or SD.
    FTS. We'll take the shitty stuff, but we're ALSO gonna take the Winds, Tetons, Absaroka, AND the Bighorns.

Utah can have Rock Springs and Evanston for the booze and drugs.

No bad snow, only bad skiers. Should be a Ski Town All Star hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    No bad snow, only bad skiers. Should be a Ski Town All Star hat.
    You can't put coombs on a fucking ski town all star hat

Glad I didn't chase to wolf creek monday, Monarch actually had some seriously deep turns in Mirkwood and I skied into the chair all day. Also funny how well it skis when you just venture off the under-the-lift runs there, no one really traverses very far there haha.

CB skied great the last couple days, although the only steeps open off paradise do get old after 2 days. They were doing a whole lot of cross routes in headwall/Big chute and saw them taking many rope bags up there so I'd bet after the next snow it's "good to go". Good to go is in quotes because we know CB patrol is very liberal in opening stuff when it's borderline skiable, which I love!! haha

You can't put coombs on a fucking ski town all star hat

Nah, it’s perfect for all those core mountain locals. It can go next to the “I’m the best skier on the mtn” and “skin up pow down” hats.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Glad I didn't chase to wolf creek monday, Monarch actually had some seriously deep turns in Mirkwood and I skied into the chair all day. Also funny how well it skis when you just venture off the under-the-lift runs there, no one really traverses very far there haha.
    I love Monarch. I love Mirkwood. But I will tell you Monday at Wolf Creek was the fucking shhhhiiiizzzzzzzz.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    FKNA - thanks for the report. Always been surprised at how many stashes that mountain holds, and their team continues to clear out new lines every offseason. Mini HGC loves 'Butterfly Mountain' - need to get down there pronto.

Anyone been up on Stillwater recently? Would be interested if the fire opened up some cool zones

Gonna pop over to Powderhorn this weekend to check it out. Do any of y'all have any winter camping info near there?

I just called the resort, and they said no overnight parking or camping in their lots, but maybe try "old Powderhorn" that's just up the road. I was thinking maybe just find a spot near Parachute or De Beque and then head up to PH in the morning. I've camped up on Grand Mesa in the summer, pretty far past PH. Would rather not backtrack if at all possible, just seems inefficient.

Any ideas/info appreciated. Can also move if not appropriate in this thread.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Gonna pop over to Powderhorn this weekend to check it out. Do any of y'all have any winter camping info near there?

I just called the resort, and they said no overnight parking or camping in their lots, but maybe try "old Powderhorn" that's just up the road. I was thinking maybe just find a spot near Parachute or De Beque and then head up to PH in the morning. I've camped up on Grand Mesa in the summer, pretty far past PH. Would rather not backtrack if at all possible, just seems inefficient.

Any ideas/info appreciated. Can also move if not appropriate in this thread.
    Big state park right on the river near the PH exit.

I know a few if you want to camp up high. The old ski area lot is not one of them. That parking lot is not flat at all and loud. PM me

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That’s a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I know a few if you want to camp up high. The old ski area lot is not one of them. That parking lot is not flat at all and loud. PM me
    Incoming.

Anyone been up on Stillwater recently? Would be interested if the fire opened up some cool zones
    Yes, I have. Yes, it did. The challenges are three fold. A. there is no fucking snow B. the stability is dog shit https://avalanche.state.co.us/caic/o...p?obs_id=64213 C. Your friendly local Twig Pigs have decided that the forest needs to be closed.

Regarding C., I request that you send them an email saying, "I'm good, I think I'll just take care of myself, I think the fire is out!" the just park next to one of their closure signs and go have fun.

Thanks Foggy, I did see they extended the closures. It is what it is.
    Good to know there is some potential up there!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I'd probably do this if it were me. I think its open year-round.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Can also move if not appropriate in this thread.
    Does it at least tangentially involve something in Colorado? If so, seems on-topic for this thread.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good news in today's NWS forecast discussion:

The weather gets very interesting around the middle of next week as a major system moves across the region with colder temperatures and a decent shot of potentially heavy snow, somewhere in the Wednesday and Thursday timeframe. There is still substantial disagreement among the model players with the GFS the most progressive and further north and resulting in lower chances of heavy snow. The European solution is slower and deeper with a track across southern Colorado and the potential for heavy snow across Northern Colorado late Wednesday and Thursday. Regardless, back to winter time with colder temperatures and at least a good chance for snow across Northern Colorado. Current forecasts reflects this thinking.