Page 1267 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 ... LastLast
Results 31,651 to 31,675 of 41274
    Sluggish start. The mild weather was nice to have for getting the last of my things from Montrose yesterday. Now that I don't need to tow anything over McClure Pass, winter can go ahead and get started any time now.

You back in the valley?

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Anyone know why Abasin turned off their base webcam? It was helpful to be able to check the lift line before heading up the road for a few laps.
    Came to complain about the exact same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It seemed to go down right before last weekend when they knew it would be busy with the new snow we got

I'm going biking tomorrow. Could be worse.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm going biking tomorrow. Could be worse.
    New signs in at West Mag
    Name:  IMG_5644.JPG
Views: 1302
Size:  237.0 KB

I'm a little sad about that "progress", but I get it.

And many of the trails I ride won't have signs for quite some time.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Get used to it. The FS decided to label a bunch of our local trails a few years ago and just came up with their own stupid names instead of just naming them what the locals have been calling them for years. They even recently renamed "Vomit Hill" which is complete bullshit. That name really was an accurate description of that trail. I guess the new trail signs do prevent me from having to give directions to as many people now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    You back in the valley?
    Living up the Crystal, but yeah, I'm back working in the RFV. Given my track record for being a snow-jinx, I'm fully prepared for a <200" season.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Get used to it. The FS decided to label a bunch of our local trails a few years ago and just came up with their own stupid names instead of just naming them what the locals have been calling them for years. They even recently renamed "Vomit Hill" which is complete bullshit. That name really was an accurate description of that trail. I guess the new trail signs do prevent me from having to give directions to as many people now though.
    I did a lot of nite riding in my youth back there and it's sad to see the orginal names go away
    blair witch was obvious when the movie came out
    mile climb if you were going up
    purple haze going down cause we would always burn one at the top
    hippo trail because we'd be tripping on mushrooms and see hippos in the swamp riding that one, at least they kept the name

Heh. Yup.

ON NOVEMBER 22, 2020 BY DURANGOWEATHERGUY

Light rain and snow should begin late tonight. By tomorrow morning light precipitation should be falling everywhere and the snow should be picking up in intensity at Wolf Creek. Travel towards Denver should be mostly unaffected after crossing Wolf Creek.

Travel to the north tomorrow will be normal winter driving conditions with light to moderate snow above 9,500 feet. This will change by late afternoon and evening. The heaviest precipitation for the entire event will happen between 8 pm Monday night and 8 am Tuesday. Travel will be very difficult across the passes at that time.

This storm has an SW flow component that will become NW flow with the passage of the cold front Tuesday. This means Purgatory and Wolf Creek and Silverton will have more snow on the front end of this system (until very early Tuesday morning). Telluride and Red Mountain’s snow will be determined by how deep the SW flow is. When NW flow kicks in very early Tuesday, Telluride and Red Mountain will get a boost of heavier high ratio snow that will accumulate quickly.

I like what the NWS has in their Winter Storm Warning with 8-16 inches. It will probably be closer to 7-11 inches for Purgatory. Telluride will be similar, but more will fall after midnight Tuesday morning. Wolf Creek should end up with 18-24 inches.

I am confident that the lower and middle elevations will have snow, I am not at all confident about the amounts yet.

Here are the most recent GFS and Euro model runs. They were the most similar of the models I looked at. It is important to note that both the German model and the Canadian model show considerably more precipitation for the lower elevations. The Canadian also shows significantly more precipitation for the mountains.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

my pre-storm completely unscientific visual observation from driving from Denver to Durango and then up to the base of Silverton just now is: dry and thin. Everything from Denver to wolf creek is bone dry. Monarch is a long ways from opening. WC pass is looking VERY thin. Purgatory is bone dry except for multiple WROD's. Silverton area has a very light covering. the road up there is mostly mud with some slush. basically starting from scratch with this incoming storm in a lot of places.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Living up the Crystal, but yeah, I'm back working in the RFV. Given my track record for being a snow-jinx, I'm fully prepared for a <200" season.
    Hopefully you have a good season. At least your close to Marble.

I’m wondering if some Ned local will go around and rip them off.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I’m wondering if some Ned local will go around and rip them off.
    Definitely possible. I hope not, it's the wrong battle to fight IMO (I'm usually on the Ned locals side up there).

Definitely possible. I hope not, it's the wrong battle to fight IMO (I'm usually on the Ned locals side up there).
    Yeah. They may have given up on those parts of West Mag in favor of keeping other trails more secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Hopefully you have a good season. At least your close to Marble.
    Thanks, same to you. If I end up here for more than a couple years, I would like to end up over in Snowmass, but I like it over here. Living at higher elevation/in the mountains makes it a bunch more interesting than being down in the lower/mid valley.

10" or so at my place in Breck and still snowing.....a pleasant surprise!
    Old's Cool.

Basin was nice for the first few runs, ramrod and Sundance were open so that helped. Still fun to ski some chopped up soft snow after they were skied up. Line was a little aggressive for me by 10:30, it was moving fine I suppose but I’d had my fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Basin was nice for the first few runs, ramrod and Sundance were open so that helped. Still fun to ski some chopped up soft snow after they were skied up. Line was a little aggressive for me by 10:30, it was moving fine I suppose but I’d had my fill.
    Did you get any gut feel if they were close to opening Lenawee? If they open that up id probably go tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Did you get any gut feel if they were close to opening Lenawee? If they open that up id probably go tomorrow.

They had some snow guns running near bml down to the bottom of Lenawee, cats working out there and the lift was turning for patrol. The snow up there actually looks better than I thought it would but I would be very surprised if it opened tomorrow. Not sure what the top looks like but I would think no earlier than Thursday. Tonight should be a good night for snowmaking.

The last storm wasn't so epic as predicted, but conditions were really nice at Wolfy today. The coverage is the best we're had all season! And with clear skies predicted, tomorrow may be our best day since opening. Snow showers in forecast beginning Thanksgiving evening and through Sunday. Anyone itching to ski, make the effort to visit soon while we're still open.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    The coverage is the best we're had all season!
    No shit, Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Anyone itching to ski, make the effort to visit soon while we're still open.
    Snork.

stoke only asshole
    go find another thread

suprise 12 in breck today didn't expect to see that when I woke up