Page 1291 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 ... LastLast
Results 32,251 to 32,275 of 41247
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    There was no January thaw because there was nothing to thaw. It’s been like the 2020-21 thaw.

Ice coast conditions for sure. No need to anyone to travel to CO. Go to WA.
    Yet ski sales just keep increasing, it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    So, apparently the need for the resorts to follow any of colorado tramway rules has been negated by the appeals court. At this point, the safety rules are not enforceable by the government.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/11/c...ts-safety-act/

Seems quite odd to me... i guess benny is on his own the next time he has trouble getting off the lift.
    That is not what the opinion says. You should actually read it. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Court...9ca0512-PD.pdf

It is pretty big though, stating that an exculpatory contract can defeat a negligence per se claim which just leaves gross negligence, recklessness, or willful and wanton. The negligence claim fell flat on it's feet, but the per se claim is a lot more nuanced and I bet will be the focus of the case in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    That is not what the opinion says. You should actually read it. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Court...9ca0512-PD.pdf

It is pretty big though, stating that an exculpatory contract can defeat a negligence per se claim which just leaves gross negligence, recklessness, or willful and wanton. The negligence claim fell flat on it's feet, but the per se claim is a lot more nuanced and I bet will be the focus of the case in the next round.
    Jim, are you some kind of attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    NTTAWWT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Define "attorney".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I haven't been a trail runner, XC skiing enthusiast since 2010 and I'm headed back that direction. That's how bad it is right now.

I’m trying to find where to rent a fat bike that’s near trails you can ride nearby. Any thoughts?

I’m trying to find where to rent a fat bike that’s near trails you can ride nearby. Any thoughts?
    Pb is like a fat bike mecca, for snow that is.

Snow Mountain Ranch

Town of CB grooms a bunch of trails and I'm pretty sure a few shops rent bikes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

We probably don’t have the best fat bike single track. But we definitely have the best closed roads.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	358210

Stapleton Sports will rent you a tricked out e-fatty with studded tires. You can ride Independence Pass or the Maroon Bells from the store.

^^^ all very interesting. Definitely doing it if this horseshit dry spell continues.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Yet ski sales just keep increasing, it's insane.
    Probably a few broken skis this year with low tide. I've considered buying something skinnier for all this hardpack this season too. (Although secretly if I do this I expect ULLR to bring the dumpage and the new skinny skis never even make it out by the time they're mounted up.)

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Looks like the SW will get some, then maybe 1 storm cycle for all then back to dry
    The thing that sucks is when we do get a good storm, it’ll be absolutely mayhem.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Probably a few broken skis this year with low tide. I've considered buying something skinnier for all this hardpack this season too. (Although secretly if I do this I expect ULLR to bring the dumpage and the new skinny skis never even make it out by the time they're mounted up.)
    I think I’ve noticed more new skier ski sales than what you’re referring to. They just have no clue and probably think this is a normal snow year I’d guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I think I’ve noticed more new skier ski sales than what you’re referring to. They just have no clue and probably think this is a normal snow year I’d guess.
    yeah, the average tourist thinks it snowy, sunny, and great.

Was skiing next to some Italian tourists at Snowmass. They thought it was absolute crap. It was worse than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredly von Whiplash View Post
    Was skiing next to some Italian tourists at Snowmass. They thought it was absolute crap. It was worse than that.
    I think you are the person that sold me the scarpa, atomic touring set up. you should come down to wolf creek. skied the ski area for the first time since before Christmas. It was great. The few people I shared the chair with all thought it was great. I had a great day learning to ski bumps. Next week should be really good. If you are the poster that sold me the gear I would gladly show you around. Bonus if you have touring gear.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I've considered buying something skinnier for all this hardpack this season too. (Although secretly if I do this I expect ULLR to bring the dumpage and the new skinny skis never even make it out by the time they're mounted up.)
    Take one for the team

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Take one for the team
    Was about to post the same. Come on now we need this one from you. Haven’t made it to CB yet but I’m sure it’s boney.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Was about to post the same. Come on now we need this one from you. Haven’t made it to CB yet but I’m sure it’s boney.
    Boney is an understatement lol.

The wife and I are gonna ski Telluride tomorrow for the first time. Any mags feel like playing tour guide? I'll bring the beers.

Where can you van camp in CB during the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredly von Whiplash View Post
    Serves them right for taking a a vacation during a pandemic.

Long shot but does anyone have a kid’s ticket for Loveland tomorrow that they’re not going to use?