Page 1001 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 ... LastLast
Results 25,001 to 25,025 of 41275
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    If you’re gonna go the sidecountry route, peak 5 is skiing much better than sky chutes
    Some big lines being skied on Peak 1 too. Sounds like a perfect place to take your friends.

If any of the discounted ticket options fall through let me know. I can probably get a 50% off voucher for you.

*Not weather related*
    But when are we ever actually talking about weather here. What the fuck is CMS doing with this? Revamping hidden valley as a “backcountry ski resort”? The fuqqq?

http://bluebirdbackcountry.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    *Not weather related*
    But when are we ever actually talking about weather here. What the fuck is CMS doing with this? Revamping hidden valley as a “backcountry ski resort”? The fuqqq?

http://bluebirdbackcountry.com

Have they actually stated HV is the intended spot? Last I had heard they did not have a location lined up/planned. They would face a TON of resistance from the local crew up here if they tried to do it in HV itself.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

No that was a guess! I am very curious as to the locations they have in mind.

Seems likely that it would be one of the former resorts; I wouldn't be surprised if Geneva Basin or Berthoud would be in the hunt. Unless they have a big swath of skiable private land they're sitting on. I'm no expert, but I imagine the EIS work/permitting/etc. is easier on public lands if it's been a ski resort in the past.

Holy shit!! And it’s the epic local!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Seems likely that it would be one of the former resorts; I wouldn't be surprised if Geneva Basin or Berthoud would be in the hunt. Unless they have a big swath of skiable private land they're sitting on. I'm no expert, but I imagine the EIS work/permitting/etc. is easier on public lands if it's been a ski resort in the past.
    OTOH, places like HV and Berthoud would see HUDGE opposition from the demographic they need to appeal to, backcountry skiers (I realize that they are looking to generate new backcountry skiers, but they need existing backcountry skiers on board or it will never fly). Seems like they need to find a place that doesn't see a shitton of traffic already (like BP and HV).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn - was really hoping they stayed out of it, they were the only big resort left.
    RE: backcountry ski area - cool idea, but your options near the Front Range are quite limited. No chance it happens at the well known areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Holy shit!! And it’s the epic local!!

Only 7 days a season but thats still enough to bring the masses. Vail employees will still have to pay $50/day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    OTOH, places like HV and Berthoud would see HUDGE opposition from the demographic they need to appeal to, backcountry skiers (I realize that they are looking to generate new backcountry skiers, but they need existing backcountry skiers on board or it will never fly). Seems like they need to find a place that doesn't see a shitton of traffic already (like BP and HV).
    Yeah that's fair. Maybe Geneva? Seems like the usual long approach keeps people out of there, and if they got approval for this it would probably solve the gate issue.

That said, I took their little survey, and it was largely focused on cost issues etc. And if they don't know how much they're charging yet, it seems like they may be in the pretty early planning stages.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Whoa, figured something was coming from CB.

Well, that makes our decision easy for next season. Epic Local.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    RE: backcountry ski area - cool idea
    What's cool about it?

Rare low-wind day with soft(ish) alpine turns in the Indian Peaks yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	svrain2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	525.7 KB 
ID:	228231

Why does my phone's camera suck so bad?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stvrain.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	534.3 KB 
ID:	228229  

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    What's cool about it?
    It could be a valuable experience for newbies to understand the gear, safe travel methods, rescue techniques, etc.

They didn't really share much about their vision, so lots of speculation on what a "backcountry ski area" means. My guess would be something in between Berthoud and Silverton.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Whoa, figured something was coming from CB.

Well, that makes our decision easy for next season. Epic Local.
    That did it for me. Both passes are awesome, but CB/TRide? Fucking sweet.

And I was so close to doing Keystone-Abasin and Loveland. Now I gotta think.

I'll have to see the small print... is this the same bullshit as Loveland where you have to buy CB lodging to use your pass?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    And I was so close to doing Keystone-Abasin and Loveland. Now I gotta think.

I'll have to see the small print... is this the same bullshit as Loveland where you have to buy CB lodging to use your pass?
    Nope, and it is on the Epic Local. 7 days. No Blackouts. Includes Okemo and Sunapee, wherever they are.

This just threw my whole plan for a loop too.

Well fuck. I'm curious to hear what GoldenBoy thinks.... it's obviously good for their economy and the resort, but it'll obviously increase crowds.

Maybe Vail can use some of their cloud-seeding funds to help out CB with some decent snow next winter.

What does this do for Abasin and their partnership with Vail? Do you think they keep it now that almost everyone around them has jumped on board with a pass? Does Loveland go Ikon?

Vail can still get fucked. IKON has much better Mountains within a days drive of CO.
    You should have been here yesterday!

What does this do for Abasin and their partnership with Vail? Do you think they keep it now that almost everyone around them has jumped on board with a pass? Does Loveland go Ikon?
    Their current agreement expires at the end of next season. We won't see any changes announced (if they come) until this time next year.

At this point, I imagine ABasin is addicted to the Vail teet and isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Vail can still get fucked. IKON has much better Mountains within a days drive of CO.
    Too bad they don't have any good ones IN CO.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Their current agreement expires at the end of next season. We won't see any changes announced (if they come) until this time next year.

At this point, I imagine ABasin is addicted to the Vail teet and isn't going anywhere.
    This^^

They have skewed their focus to the restaurant/bar side of things and they gotta pay for that new lift going in this summer.

Failing to see why Loveland needs to do anything. Seems to me they have full lots every weekend and the Master Plan only adds 150-200 more. No way they could deal with the increase Ikon or Epic would bring.

And I hate to say it but Vail has me interested again after swearing them off years ago.