Page 977 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 ... LastLast
Results 24,401 to 24,425 of 41294

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Tech talk, Jong.
    Ha yeah I posted there too

I’m not too mad cause these were my rocks skis anyhow but now I’m out a pair of skis which sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    I’ve done more exploring than I have in a long time there and I’ still finding some pretty good snow. Also found the newer hut in the Peak 7 area. I’m impressed with the skills of whoever built it.
    Beta on that hut?

I was up there today - got about 6 or 7 laps of Whale's Tail to Y-Chute before they shut down the T-bar and Imperial. All things considered the snow skied pretty well up there.... but unfortunately from 11:30 on I was stuck to the lower stuff. Some of the rocks at the entrance to horseshoe bowl were looking polished with wax.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Beta on that hut?
    You work for inside edition?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Ha yeah I posted there too

I’m not too mad cause these were my rocks skis anyhow but now I’m out a pair of skis which sucks
    Nice blow out, Solid committed turn to deliver that

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Nice blow out, Solid committed turn to deliver that
    Looks pretty skiddy. A carved turn would have missed the rock. But this is TGR. No real budget for carved turns.

Good luck on the search and have a fun trip.

Loveland is skied right the fuck out until it gets more snow. bring your skinny hardpack carvers.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    You work for inside edition?
    Yeah and I've got patrol on the line - they seem to be pyromaniacs at Breck with how many charges they were dropping yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ah yup, should start snowing in early to mid april and stop sometime around early june, it'll be epic

just in time for all the whiners and part timers to pack up and leave town and talk about how much this season sucked
    i mean yea i will ski it and get on some good spring missions I am sure but it isn't near the same as those mid winter powder days going bell to bell. usually spring storms are pretty baked by afternoon

gully 4 at the basin skied very well yesterday. Those things are fun! Similar tree/rock approach to some of the west turbo chutes, just a lot longer.

did 1 and 4 monday. super fun!

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    Loveland is skied right the fuck out until it gets more snow. bring your skinny hardpack carvers.
    We skied Sat/Sun and it was not hard pack. Couldn't have change that drastically in two days. At 'worst' it's packed powder.

Though nothing wrong blasting out some carved turns. If one knows how to do it. Get a file and learn to use it. Catching some G's is a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I predict lots of wind
    89mph gusts on peak 8.
    #sastrugi

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    gully 4 at the basin skied very well yesterday. Those things are fun! Similar tree/rock approach to some of the west turbo chutes, just a lot longer.
    Are they all open now? What’s the “easiest” chute vs gnarliest?

The wind is cranking in Golden Gate Canyon. 20ish with gusts to 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    i mean yea i will ski it and get on some good spring missions I am sure but it isn't near the same as those mid winter powder days going bell to bell. usually spring storms are pretty baked by afternoon
    Yup, powder skiing season lasts from about 4-6 weeks before the solstice, ideally, to February 15. You can get big storms with plenty of new snow after that, but those aren't powder days. See "Steenburgh Winter."

http://wasatchweatherweenies.blogspo...gh-winter.html

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Yup, powder skiing season lasts from about 4-6 weeks before the solstice, ideally, to February 15. You can get big storms with plenty of new snow after that, but those aren't powder days. See "Steenburgh Winter."

Since this is a Colorado discussion, and that is a Utah "phenomenon" I'd say Colorado's "Steenburgh Winter" is a bit different...

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    We skied Sat/Sun and it was not hard pack. Couldn't have change that drastically in two days. At 'worst' it's packed powder.

Though nothing wrong blasting out some carved turns. If one knows how to do it. Get a file and learn to use it. Catching some G's is a blast.
    It was 40 degrees when I came back "under" Loveland on Monday afternoon.... so yeah, that packed powder might be toast by now.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    It was 40 degrees when I came back "under" Loveland on Monday afternoon.... so yeah, that packed powder might be toast by now.
    This. The idea that snow can't "change dramatically" in 48 hours is... naive.

Um, riiiiight. I’ve had countless blower full-on powder days well into March, April and May.

You can get big storms with plenty of new snow after that, but those aren't powder days.
    lolwut

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Um, riiiiight. I’ve had countless blower full-on powder days well into March, April and May.
    Remember - that's a Utah conversation. Those poor bastards need to be grateful for whatever they can get.

100"+ base and before Feb 15? Yeah, if those are your parameters, you'll never get a powder day here.

Geezus, we need snow.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    100"+ base and before Feb 15? Yeah, if those are your parameters, you'll never get a powder day here.

Geezus, we need snow.
    Don't forget, the Wasatch needs 100" just to get Alta/Bird sharks safely covered. But I've had plenty of March, April and May days that rock, even without a 100" base. Blower, cold, and usually way less crowded.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post

Not sure why the condescending tone is necessary, but whatever. I've been skiing Loveland about every other day. trust me, my skis are tuned and i've put in my fair share of fast groomer runs the last few weeks. I'm ready for some freaking snow.