Page 1290 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 ... LastLast
Results 32,226 to 32,250 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Big surprise, this circle jerk continues. Enjoy it fellas!
    We can change the subject, have you ever heard about facets in CO?

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Why lap loafer and davis when pali is open and skiing splendidly?
    They've had the trees to skier's right of Loafer open too. Found the best snow of the day in there on Saturday.
    Old's Cool.

buying an A-Basin pass was the best decision I made during covid. It has been pretty empty there, even on weekends. We skied right onto Pali all day on sunday. Then we hopped the pass and went over to loveland at 3PM for power hour and there were still 10 minute lift lines over there.
    Just did two laps since I hadn’t been in the Beavers yet this year. It’s not like I didn’t ski Pali and everything else that’s open.

Wow! I'm about as die hard basin Pali lapper as they come, and "Splendidly" is not a word that came to mind when skiing anything off Pali this week or last. I mean, a few good turns on the spine, but other than that, it's pretty bad.

Now, the trees off Loafer are usually decent, and hold snow well as they face NE. They are called the "Dogwoods" and named after former Avy Dogs. FYI. Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.
    Yep. Even when it hadn't snowed in a while and most of the Beavers were mostly skied out.......you could almost always find soft snow in Westwoods. That was my spot.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yep. Even when it hadn't snowed in a while and most of the Beavers were mostly skied out.......you could almost always find soft snow in Westwoods. That was my spot.
    A friend sent me some old pics of us riding the Beavers in deep snow the other day and it made me all nostalgic. Sure miss having it to ourselves. I probably had a few thousand runs between the Beavers and Steep gullies back then. Rode back there more than I rode inbounds back then.

Snake pit to Westwoods was definitely the place to be a few days after a storm or even a wind event that knocks the snow off the trees. I remember some deeeeeep days in there when the resort reported 4".

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Wow! I'm about as die hard basin Pali lapper as they come, and "Splendidly" is not a word that came to mind when skiing anything off Pali this week or last. I mean, a few good turns on the spine, but other than that, it's pretty bad.

Now, the trees off Loafer are usually decent, and hold snow well as they face NE. They are called the "Dogwoods" and named after former Avy Dogs. FYI. Used to be called "Westwoods" before Al got a hold of them.
    To each their own. I really enjoy semi-hard chalk with scattered obstacles to keep you on your toes.

116 mph wind gust recorded on Peak 6 last night. Peak 8 was recording higher values than the Pk 6 station up until about midnight, then no data available after that. Never felt my place shake like that before.
    Old's Cool.

116 mph wind gust recorded on Peak 6 last night. Peak 8 was recording higher values than the Pk 6 station up until about midnight, then no data available after that. Never felt my place shake like that before.
    Alabama championship trade winds trying to blow every last flake to Kansas.

on the bright side we don't have to worry about the snow blowing away since its all hardpack or do they call that packed powder

packed powder FTMFW!!!!

Looks like the peak 8 wind meter blew away between around 11 last night. Peak 6 readings kept climbing until the peak of 116 mph at 2am. 8 routinely shows higher winds than 6, so who knows what 8 could've peaked at.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Looks like the peak 8 wind meter blew away between around 11 last night. Peak 6 readings kept climbing until the peak of 116 mph at 2am. 8 routinely shows higher winds than 6, so who knows what 8 could've peaked at.
    Yep, checked last night around 11pm with Peak 6 @ 91mph and Peak 8 @ 98mph. You know Peak 8 peaked at 120+, maybe 130 mph.
    Old's Cool.

so.. did anyone try to ski in that today?

Forecast predicting dissolution of high pressure fuckery plaguing San Juans and a return of significant moisture to the region early next week. Wheeeeeee!!!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    so.. did anyone try to ski in that today?
    No but I heard many WP lifts closed early.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Forecast predicting dissolution of high pressure fuckery plaguing San Juans and a return of significant moisture to the region early next week. Wheeeeeee!!!
    Mainly SW CO right?
    Glad to hear it for the San Juans but hoping that works it’s way north.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    was just looking at MTB trying to decide Hurricane of Prescott. Looks like can scratch those plans. Good timing right after the holiday.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    was just looking at MTB trying to decide Hurricane of Prescott. Looks like can scratch those plans. Good timing right after the holiday.
    I've had biking on the brain too. Looks like working the holiday and having a long weekend after could pan out alright.

I skied Mary Jane today. Conditions were better than expected, but I’m a pessimist currently. It was windy, but as a graduate of Loveland’s #9 chair, it wasn’t bad at all. Lifts ran all day, but there were more than a few trees down on the groomed trails. Patrol was out with chainsaws clearing the way. Skiing, bombs and chainsaws seems like a good gig.

So, apparently the need for the resorts to follow any of colorado tramway rules has been negated by the appeals court. At this point, the safety rules are not enforceable by the government.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/11/c...ts-safety-act/

Seems quite odd to me... i guess benny is on his own the next time he has trouble getting off the lift.

hold your breaths big storm coming this weekend
    so much for the january thaw
    is everyone given up on winter tuning those bikes up?
    it's alot llke east coast everyday conditions out there

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    So, apparently the need for the resorts to follow any of colorado tramway rules has been negated by the appeals court. At this point, the safety rules are not enforceable by the government.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/01/11/c...ts-safety-act/

Seems quite odd to me... i guess benny is on his own the next time he has trouble getting off the lift.
    I don't know. This one is pretty cut and dry to me. the lift didn't malfunction, she just didn't get out of the way when unloading and the chair hit her. It would be different if the lift had malfunctioned causing injury. If she wins this, where does it end. Chair 9 has a similar issue consistently because the bullwheel is right at the unload point, so the chairs swing around and hit people pretty often. This is often compounded by a head wind when offloading. Is it the ski area's fault that the lift hits you?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    hold your breaths big storm coming this weekend
    so much for the january thaw
    is everyone given up on winter tuning those bikes up?
    it's alot llke east coast everyday conditions out there
    There was no January thaw because there was nothing to thaw. It’s been like the 2020-21 thaw.

Ice coast conditions for sure. No need to anyone to travel to CO. Go to WA.

I don't know. This one is pretty cut and dry to me. the lift didn't malfunction, she just didn't get out of the way when unloading and the chair hit her.
    I don’t know either but perhaps not so cut and dry. Article states person unloading in front of her fell. In that scenario would you not expect a reasonable liftie paying attention to stop or slow the chair for a person sprawled across the off load ramp???