Page 968 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 ... LastLast
Results 24,176 to 24,200 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Pretty sure it rained in Frisco last night.

It is warm.
    It is going to be warmer in Denver today than it will be in Tuscaloosa.

As far as WP/RMSP went last Sunday. Good coverage for about 30 minutes after first lift then everything was tracked out and back to grass/dirt. It was busy but realistically I never waited more than 10 minutes for a lift. I've never seen it that busy in my life but this is the first weekend I've skied in two seasons. Mind you, I leave Denver at 5am, so I beat all traffic by about 30-45 minutes.

What I can say is, in 2015 I was skiing every Friday and Mary Jane never had all the lots full throughout the entire season even on powder days excluding school break times. Last year and this year there is a noticeable difference in population on Friday's at Winter Park. I don't know if more people are switching to the RMSP+ to avoid the Epic shit show or if it is due to population growth on the Front Range = more skiers = more RMSP+ holders. I'd like to see the numbers on it though.

What I am afraid of is in the coming years, Mary Jane is going to start charging for parking, Epic Gaper's will be running amuck, no more dogs running free and it'll lose its entire personality.

Friday is the new Saturday. Thursday is the new Friday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So true these days. You see it around town, just way more people on Thursday. More people hanging around for Monday too. Funny thing is though, at least at Arapahoe Basin, once you get on the hill, the place is pretty uncrowded when you get of the groomers.

Doesn’t anyone fucking work?!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Doesn’t anyone fucking work?!
    I've yelled that in the lifeline more than once.

Some of those bros are working.
    Smartphones are a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Some of those bros are taking selfies.
    Smartphones are a narcissistic thing.
    Ftfy

Maybe after a bad winter people won't buy ski passes next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    it is due to population growth on the Front Range = more skiers = more RMSP+ holders.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Maybe after a bad winter people won't buy ski passes next season?
    they'll just be itching more for a good winter next season.
    Old's Cool.

As far as WP/RMSP went last Sunday.
    RMNP delivered the wind buff last week, but the BP was too much trapdrop for full freeride. (but alot dps representing by the locals yo)

the traffic in that part of the world is whack, too bad the local officials approved so much crap for so long without any transportation mitigation.
    Last edited by Cosmic Suncloud; 01-09-2018 at 02:42 PM.

What I am afraid of is in the coming years, Mary Jane is going to start charging for parking, Epic Gaper's will be running amuck, no more dogs running free and it'll lose its entire personality.
    Of course this will happen. There is a duopoly that controls the entirety of front range lift served skiing except for Loveland. Demand for front range skiing is seriously increasing. Prices will go up, service and quality will go down.

I bet in 10 years everyone charges for parking and pass prices will be double or more what they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Of course this will happen. There is a duopoly that controls the entirety of front range lift served skiing except for Loveland. Demand for front range skiing is seriously increasing. Prices will go up, service and quality will go down.

I bet in 10 years everyone charges for parking and pass prices will be double or more what they are today.
    Nah mannnnnnn like in the future we are like gonna be riding in hyperloop tubes from our towns on the front range to summit county in like five minutes man traffic will be a thing of the past.

There's demand for parking increases at the current moment and in the coming years. In ten years maybe there will be an economic downturn and resorts will have to offer free parking again, who knows?

Awesome day for biking on the Front Range! Spring is here in Denver!

just played a great round of disc golf...................... in FUCKING JANUARY!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Awesome day for biking on the Front Range! Spring is here in Denver!
    Yep, it hit 70* on the way home from my ride up at Hall Ranch today. Damn that wind was horrendous, but I'll deal if it means riding in shorts in January.

Out of the 50 or so friends/families that I know, 10 got the epic pass, 30 got the RMSP, and 10 did some type of 4 pack deal thing because they have young kids.

Worked in a t-shirt and was trying to escape the sun on the backside of the house so I didn't get burned. What fucking month is it?

Storm looks like it is duding out hard too. Thanks Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Worked in a t-shirt and was trying to escape the sun on the backside of the house so I didn't get burned. What fucking month is it?

Storm looks like it is duding out hard too. Thanks Bama.
    I am still hopeful for this storm and a pattern shift next week. fyi, your WC pass is good at Discovery, MT.

We need to start a new campaign -- "Make Snow sports Un-Cool Again"

Front Rangers should eat this shit up. It's like so not cool to sit in traffic for 5 hours on a Saturday, only to have racked up only 45 minutes of actual moving time skiing (according to GPS watch and Strava app). Would be much better workout to run stairs at Red Rocks or do cross fit at the gym in Lakewood. Plus, it's bad for the environment to do that much unnecessary traveling. Way more core for the Front Range locals to fly kites in Wash Park and get brunch than to waste a perfectly good Saturday sitting on I-70. Snow sports suck.

its raining in san diego. you would think we could get better than a foot. Just hope it doesn't screw up the riding at Penitente.
    off your knees Louie

It was damn warm today. Snow got a little mushy, then crusty once the clouds moved in. Skiing was actually pretty good (with rock skis and no fucks given).

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    We need to start a new campaign -- "Make Snow sports Un-Cool Again"

Front Rangers should eat this shit up. It's like so not cool to sit in traffic for 5 hours on a Saturday, only to have racked up only 45 minutes of actual moving time skiing (according to GPS watch and Strava app). Would be much better workout to run stairs at Red Rocks or do cross fit at the gym in Lakewood. Plus, it's bad for the environment to do that much unnecessary traveling. Way more core for the Front Range locals to fly kites in Wash Park and get brunch than to waste a perfectly good Saturday sitting on I-70. Snow sports suck.
    I like eating brunch and flying kites in wash park at least that's what my profile on the dating app I use says

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Storm's a total bust boys. Tell your friends. Stay in Denver and play golf or fly a kite. Google chinook winds

Been raining hard in Durango most of the night. Purg seems to be doing alright. Maybe a base so we can finally go ride the BC with the next storm?