Page 1505 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 ... LastLast
Results 37,601 to 37,625 of 41290
    the front range is hell on earth economic center or not a sewer of sprawl and people who can't say "I love the mountains" enough over and over
    this weekend sucked balls up here I did read the breckenridge guide book and out there colorado to get my shit together
    eneded up seeing eight or nine other people on the trail and had to share the summit with two other people is was the worst ever for a busy holiday weekend

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    That is actually in their trail plan.
    Yeah I know

ABasin has been carving out a new downhill trail from the summit, through the Beavers and back out to the mid mountain area. Why would they do that if they weren’t thinking about future lift access to the top?

uh? How do you cut a trail from Beavers to mid mountain with Pali in the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    uh? How do you cut a trail from Beavers to mid mountain with Pali in the way?
    They already have. You just gain the ridge by switching up from BML up to Grizzly road. Once you are at the top of Pali, you are at the Beavers.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

the top to bottom trail has a climb in it, not really built for downhill lift served style of biking. don't see them going that route any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ABasin has been carving out a new downhill trail from the summit, through the Beavers and back out to the mid mountain area. Why would they do that if they weren’t thinking about future lift access to the top?
    because not everything in life is about making a buck?

The Argo liftline is cut, and trail builds are ongoing.
    That should satisfy the FR downhill bros!

How about this cool down?!? Feels great.

Windy again.

New Winter Park terrain opening!
    “Newly Accessible Expert-Only Terrain

Get ready to discover new powder stashes this season with almost double the expert-only terrain! We’re planning to open a previously closed section of The Cirque Territory known as “Jelly Roll” for its rolling steep pitch and its ability to hold light, fluffy snow for days after a storm. We’re also planning to open more terrain in the Chutes area on Mary Jane. These anticipated trails are controlled avalanche chutes and offer pillow lines, cliffs and adventurous access to the popular “Powder Field” area between Trestle and the Chutes.”

Weather is great in Steamboat.

Morning Gloria to NPR was killer.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I just got lucky that from spring creek pass to the finish (which are the largest high alpine sections) I had perfect weather. Everything before that though, not so much hah
    Congrats. I thru-hiked it back in '94. Or was it '95?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Congrats. I thru-hiked it back in '94. Or was it '95?
    Oh thanks man. I had a blast. I biked it, but talked to plenty of through hikers. One conclusion, the sargents mesa segment is disliked by all haha

Oh thanks man. I had a blast. I biked it, but talked to plenty of through hikers. One conclusion, the sargents mesa segment is disliked by all haha
    Just rode Segment 16 (Marshall Pass to high point of Sargent Mesa) over the weekend and thought it was great. I wasn’t bikepacking it though, that wouldn’t have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Just rode Segment 16 (Marshall Pass to high point of Sargent Mesa) over the weekend and thought it was great. I wasn’t bikepacking it though, that wouldn’t have been awesome.
    It's only past the high point going west to hwy 114 (so seg 17 only really) that is rough. It's just the abundance of incredibly loose big rocks from moto's that you basically have to walk all the flat sections or even slightly downhill sections. Definitely draining when your bike weighs 45 pounds or so. Before the high point going west is great!

It's only past the high point going west to hwy 114 (so seg 17 only really) that is rough. It's just the abundance of incredibly loose big rocks from moto's that you basically have to walk all the flat sections or even slightly downhill sections. Definitely draining when your bike weighs 45 pounds or so. Before the high point going west is great!
    There is some fun riding off that section, dropping off the trails (long branch, big bend, dutchman) that head towards 50. But as previously mentioned, it's a lot more fun when the bike isn't loaded down.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    There is some fun riding off that section, dropping off the trails (long branch, big bend, dutchman) that head towards 50. But as previously mentioned, it's a lot more fun when the bike isn't loaded down.
    Lot more fun on the moto. All challenging in their own way.

Smelled a bit like fall out there this weekend.

And the thermostat hit as low as 21 driving over Gore Pass early this morning.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

New CO trail record
    3d10h15m
    Lachlan Morton beat the previous record by many hours!

https://www.velonews.com/news/mounta...gangis-family/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

wow

Holy shit. That's insanely fast. He beat the old record by 9 hours!

We just moved to Estes Park. Can't wait to explore RMNP this season.. just picked up Ski Touring Routes: Colorado Front Range and there are some solid tours in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DougFromCO View Post
    We just moved to Estes Park. Can't wait to explore RMNP this season.. just picked up Ski Touring Routes: Colorado Front Range and there are some solid tours in it.
    Send fastfred a PM for the inside scoop on the bc skiing in that area. He knows the area very well and is always wiling to show newcomers around.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Send fastfred a PM for the inside scoop on the bc skiing in that area. He knows the area very well and is always wiling to show newcomers around.
    He also hooked me up with some really under the radar Cameron Pass info. Solid mag.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague